There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Lets Be Positive Thread

Not sure if this will be allowed, or even work but it sucks there is so much negativity after such a great win. I hope to dedicate a thread solely talking about positives from this game cause imo there are plenty that are getting lost in the shuffle of one position.

I thought our defense played spectacular in the second half. Wilson would have -2 yards if Harbaugh didn't decline that penalty in the second half. That is spectacular.

Gore also played lights out. And that is a credit to both him and the Oline. If I'm not mistaken we gave up two sacks, but those were more Alex looking to run instead of straight up sacks.

Ginn provided us with some sparks as well.

2nd half adjustments- Done very well. Got the team to focus and play a really good 2nd half.

I know there's more, and maybe this isn't the greatest thread made, but lets talk some positives shall we?
5-2 division leaders, a week and a half to make adjustments, followed by a bye. Good stuff!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
We beat the !@#@$ Seahawks!!!! YES!!! JH = 3-0 vs PC!!!
I'm happy that it's still early in the season and we can still work on things to get better
Being positive is for losers.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'm positive our offense needs to get better. 16 pts in 2 games positively won't cut it....
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

lol
5-2

Alex had a VERY good game....He was fantastic for us all night.....And thought he played extremely well.
Positivity in NT??? Surely, you jest!

No, I appreciate the thread. Doesn't suck for me that people want to be so miserable and whiny though. I expected it. If anything, I feel badly for those that can't smile like I am over the 5-2 start. Not nearly as muscle-flexing as I thought we'd be at this point.. but we are still looking great for that playoff push. And THIS is where my optimism kicks in and makes me feel as if we will work out our issues as the weeks unfold. Then, we will be headed into the playoffs on all cylinders.

Not sure why we need this thread sitting at 5-2 but ok.
5-2
best defense and running game
Alex will bounce back and the board will once again be singing his praises like after the bills game.
The team overcame a LOT to win. The defensive struggle was great!!
The refs were allowing the players to play (too much really). They tried to take away the touchdown, marking Walker at the 1 yard line. They let the DBs maul our WRs all game long. They tried to mark Lynch so close to the first down, when he was clearly tackled a yard short.
They made adjustments to the quick hitting short passing and downhill running game in the second half.

THEY WON!!!!
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
The team overcame a LOT to win. The defensive struggle was great!!
The refs were allowing the players to play (too much really). They tried to take away the touchdown, marking Walker at the 1 yard line. They let the DBs maul our WRs all game long. They tried to mark Lynch so close to the first down, when he was clearly tackled a yard short.
They made adjustments to the quick hitting short passing and downhill running game in the second half.

THEY WON!!!!
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

This
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Positivity in NT??? Surely, you jest!

No, I appreciate the thread. Doesn't suck for me that people want to be so miserable and whiny though. I expected it. If anything, I feel badly for those that can't smile like I am over the 5-2 start. Not nearly as muscle-flexing as I thought we'd be at this point.. but we are still looking great for that playoff push. And THIS is where my optimism kicks in and makes me feel as if we will work out our issues as the weeks unfold. Then, we will be headed into the playoffs on all cylinders.

Limiting beliefs. The main cause of negative attitude is wrong beliefs about life or certain aspects of it. You see the life through your beliefs and if your beliefs are negative, you will see your life as unhappy or downright pointless. So to change such attitude you need to change your beliefs. Read this article about NLP Techniques to change your beliefs (look at the technique no.5).

If you do not see the relation between your thoughts and the environment that you find yourself in, it's no surprise that you assume that you have no power to change it. So when you think you are powerless over your environment and your environment is negative, that causes your negative attitude.

If you find yourself complaining about how unhappy you are, it's exactly the reason you have such a negative attitude. It may be hard at first to understand and accept this but the quicker you do, the quicker you will be able to change your life for the better. Your complaining alone can keep you stuck in the circumstances that you find unsatisfying. So to change your life you should stop complaining and start working on improving your life.
While I feel like the Niners struggled in the first half, after the halftime adjustments they made, the second half was totally dominated by us. Our offense was moving the ball fairly easily on just about every single drive. If Alex Smith makes the right throw immediately on that second drive, all of a sudden it's 17-6 and the Seahawks are realing. This game could have easily been 20-6 were it not for that mistake by Alex. Our offensive line was manhandling the Seahawks' defensive front, while our defense totally shut them down. Yes, Marshawn Lynch got his yards, but the majority of his yards were in the first half. The Seahawks ended up with 251 yards of total offense, but they had I believe 155 yards in the first half, which means they were only able to muster 96 yards in the second half. And if Harbaugh doesn't decline that last penalty it would be 79 total yards in the second half. That's total dominance in my book. On the other hand, our offense had 115 total yards in the first half and ended up with 313 total yards, meaning they had nearly 200 yards of offense in the second half. I do believe that Alex struggled, and I have some major issues with some of his decision-making and accuracy, but he WAS playing the Seahawks defense, which was able to give fits to other elite quarterbacks in the NFL. In addition, the Seahawks' cornerbacks were clearly holding our receivers and contacting them beyond five yards. But still, I do think Alex Smith has some major limitations, and if we had a more elite quarterback, this offense could potentially be unstoppable with this running game.