There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

quarterback controversy

Originally posted by kingairta:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by kingairta:
Never mind the fact one was sidelined due to injury, another season wiped out due to injury and the stellar HC's and play callers this team has had over the past eight years...

Cool excuse. He still sucks. Dilfer never had a great OC either

Difference is Dilfer was already developed. Try again

Last year was Smiths 7th year he wasn't fully devolved lol? Does he need more
Time?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
There's no qb contraversy at this time other than the one that some fans have in their mind. Harbaugh said at the beginning of the season that no one was close to Alex. So right now, Kaep is still just a ball of potential. Maybe this off season he can give Alex some compitition...but Kaep starting right now would be very very very bad.

They said the same things about Kurt Warner and Tom Brady when they were backups
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,302
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn, you will judge CK based on one start either way?

If he's good, he's good enough for another start


Give the young Ghedi a shot to see what he can do.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by kingairta:
Difference is Dilfer was already developed. Try again

Lol are you serious? It took Alex Smith 8 years to have any success at all

It took eight years for this TEAM to have any success at all.
Smith needs to chew Harbaugh out - in other words grow some balls or a spine! I know JH and AS are all about TEAM - but at some point you have to call "b******t."

I'd go to his office and s**t the door and tell him

"One - Taking me out in critical situations and putting me back is b******t. If you put Kaep in, let him finish the series. Sticking me in after his baloney failed plays is b******t. So next time you stick him in the game to score a touchdown after I drove the team the length of the field with a successfull strategy and rhythm, you can keep him in."

"Two - Next time I get down there and you wave me off to send in Kaep, I'm not leaving the field. You'll have to call a time out. I'm calling another play from the wrist band and running the play."

"Three - If you call a time out. I'll sit the rest of the game. I'm done with this b******t of Kaep gimmicks that fails, every defense knows how to defend it know, and then I'm told to go in and clean it up."
Originally posted by kingairta:
It took eight years for this TEAM to have any success at all.

No, we had a great running game and solid defense for years, the passing game held this entire team back. Gore had plenty of great games and had the same OC change every year that Alex had.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
There's no qb contraversy at this time other than the one that some fans have in their mind. Harbaugh said at the beginning of the season that no one was close to Alex. So right now, Kaep is still just a ball of potential. Maybe this off season he can give Alex some compitition...but Kaep starting right now would be very very very bad.

They said the same things about Kurt Warner and Tom Brady when they were backups
and you know that how? you work in the NFL?
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Smith needs to chew Harbaugh out - in other words grow some balls or a spine! I know JH and AS are all about TEAM - but at some point you have to call "b******t."

I'd go to his office and s**t the door and tell him

"One - Taking me out in critical situations and putting me back is b******t. If you put Kaep in, let him finish the series. Sticking me in after his baloney failed plays is b******t. So next time you stick him in the game to score a touchdown after I drove the team the length of the field with a successfull strategy and rhythm, you can keep him in."

"Two - Next time I get down there and you wave me off to send in Kaep, I'm not leaving the field. You'll have to call a time out. I'm calling another play from the wrist band and running the play."

"Three - If you call a time out. I'll sit the rest of the game. I'm done with this b******t of Kaep gimmicks that fails, every defense knows how to defend it know, and then I'm told to go in and clean it up."

TY.
Sorry, I didn't realize b****t was a banned and offensive word. My bad.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Smith needs to chew Harbaugh out - in other words grow some balls or a spine! I know JH and AS are all about TEAM - but at some point you have to call "b******t."

I'd go to his office and s**t the door and tell him

"One - Taking me out in critical situations and putting me back is b******t. If you put Kaep in, let him finish the series. Sticking me in after his baloney failed plays is b******t. So next time you stick him in the game to score a touchdown after I drove the team the length of the field with a successfull strategy and rhythm, you can keep him in."

"Two - Next time I get down there and you wave me off to send in Kaep, I'm not leaving the field. You'll have to call a time out. I'm calling another play from the wrist band and running the play."

"Three - If you call a time out. I'll sit the rest of the game. I'm done with this b******t of Kaep gimmicks that fails, every defense knows how to defend it know, and then I'm told to go in and clean it up."

Lol this is just a sad sad fantasy you have. Harbaugh is not taking orders from a mediocre placeholder of a QB
Originally posted by jreff22:
and you know that how? you work in the NFL?

Because I've followed the NFL since before 2005 which seems to be the beginning of your football universe
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Damn, you will judge CK based on one start either way?

If he's good, he's good enough for another start

How about if he doesn't play that well? Will you write a young, 2nd year QB off? Even one that has some tools like CK?
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by kingairta:
It took eight years for this TEAM to have any success at all.

No, we had a great running game and solid defense for years, the passing game held this entire team back. Gore had plenty of great games and had the same OC change every year that Alex had.

And who did Alex have to throw to all those years? Who were the starting WRs in the NFCC? There is alot more to a passing game then just a QB.
Originally posted by kingairta:
And who did Alex have to throw to all those years? Who were the starting WRs in the NFCC? There is alot more to a passing game then just a QB.

Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Delanie Walker, Michael Crabtree,

Thats plenty of weapons for a QB
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by jreff22:
and you know that how? you work in the NFL?

Because I've followed the NFL since before 2005 which seems to be the beginning of your football universe

riiiiight