There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seahawks got TRAPPED

I could be mistaken, but I think most of those big runs and even the most effective ones were old school Trap plays. It seemed like Roman kept calling it, just out of different formations. I'm glad Roman stuck with it, cuz they never did anything to counter it. Thanks Roman, for figuring out that when we give Gore the ball, we win.
They showed during the game the we ran the exact same play multiple times we would jsut switch what side we were running it too. no adjustments at all by the Seattle coaching staff
Seahawks got GORED!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Seahawks got GORED!

I love being able to run when the defense knows you are... and they can't to s*it about it.
nfl network showed how Boone and then Iupati used head fakes to get defenders to move a certain way, really clever stuff, then after the defender committed that way, the blocker went a differnt way
I don't think NFL defensive fronts are used to having to worry about traps and whams. They are kinda high school/college plays. It certainly gives aggressive Dlines something to think about. It's all about hitting them with unconventional angles, and then add to that our Oline is particularly good and run blocking especially with this development of Boone. Boone is doing fantastic. Boone and Iupati are quick and powerful men. Even though they knew it was coming.....couldn't stop it. Why didn't Roman use this more against the Gmen/Vikings? Its only a matter of time though when it'll get figured out, especially our divisional opponents who we see twice a year.
Originally posted by hofer36:
nfl network showed how Boone and then Iupati used head fakes to get defenders to move a certain way, really clever stuff, then after the defender committed that way, the blocker went a differnt way

We have our LG and RG of the future right now set. I think 3 of the 5 are set, A.Davis included. Staley will be getting older, and isn't the best, he is a good LT, but we need depth in the draft badly. Keeping 8 OL on 53 man wont be good in future years. We need a Swing OL who can play all OT and OG spots.

Last night showed we have a hell of a OL thanks to Solari. We need to extend Iupati and A.Davis soon. Right now we will need to address them, Whitner, J.Smith, Akers, Bowman and T.Brown in next 2 offseasons. After that we need to extend Aldon, Kaep, Miller, Kendall Hunter, Cully and Kilgore.

Yup. We were double-teaming those guys in the first half. And they got so used to it, than when Seattle's D-linemen saw our linemen getting into the same formation, they expected to get double-teamed. So these guys would go low, hit the ground, while our linemen ran upfield and took out linebackers. Gore had many long runs in the second half. We really had them off-balance.

Gore can read holes like no other. It's a special talent. Not many backs in the NFL have it. Marshawn Lynch does, which is why he cracked the defense for 103 yards rushing. He is that good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DSwqG1RwmE
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
I could be mistaken, but I think most of those big runs and even the most effective ones were old school Trap plays. It seemed like Roman kept calling it, just out of different formations. I'm glad Roman stuck with it, cuz they never did anything to counter it. Thanks Roman, for figuring out that when we give Gore the ball, we win.

16-0 when Gore and Hunter combine for more than 20 carries
2-6 when they don't
Seattle has a good defensive front, but I'm not surprised we killed them on the ground. NOBODY can stop our run game for 60 minutes. The scheme and the players on the O-Line are extremely good. This is without question the strength of the offense. We abandoned it against MIN and NYG, and it cost us.

I would be in favor of a 55-45 run-pass split going forward. Mix in play-action pass and simple progressions in the pass-game, but do not rely on passing to consistently move the ball down the field. It's not what we're built to do. We can easily average 150 yards rushing per game if we commit to it. That will win us a lot of games.
nah seattle just sucks!!!!hahaha
Good, but they're still only a 3-4 team.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Yup. We were double-teaming those guys in the first half. And they got so used to it, than when Seattle's D-linemen saw our linemen getting into the same formation, they expected to get double-teamed. So these guys would go low, hit the ground, while our linemen ran upfield and took out linebackers. Gore had many long runs in the second half. We really had them off-balance.

Gore can read holes like no other. It's a special talent. Not many backs in the NFL have it. Marshawn Lynch does, which is why he cracked the defense for 103 yards rushing. He is that good.

It was great video of what they showed how we did that to Seattle's defensive line. Just great execution by the o-line and calls by Roman to set them up and then just kill them with fakes of the same thing later in the game.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home