There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who else feels like this is a "must win game?"

Its not a must win game. Seattle already has 2 division losses so they aren't running away with anything even if they win.

And for those of you guys hollerin that Gore/Hunter ground and pound might want to rethink that philosophy unless you like 3 and outs. Seattle has a great run defense, maybe the best in the NFL. This game will likely come down to Alex Smith/turnovers.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
I feel like it is.. for the team to get their confidence back.. I dont wanna see kap on the field once on thursday..

Same here , we need to get back to basics ...Roman tried too hard to make those CK plays work , and it blew up in our faces, I dont care if Harbaugh and Roman go straight vanilla , as long as we can control the clock by running the ball ,. and ugly win is STILL a win, we need a W to get this ship on course again
Every division game is a must win...if we win them all we sit at a 10 win season
If we go 4 - 3 I will really question this team. If we are 5 - 2 we are back on track. A big difference IMO.
This is not just a "must win" game...this is also a "must make a statement game". We need to crush Seattle..And whyen I mean crush...not just a big score, but severe intimidation and out hitting. This is a nasty punk team that wants to hit you anyway it can.
Not a must win, but an extremely important game. It's going to be a tight race for the division crown this year. We need to take care of business at home against Seattle. We don't want to be in a position where we have to beat them @ Qwest Field to avoid being swept 0-2. In the end, tiebreakers might decide who wins the division.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
warning tl:dr

this game is not a must win... we are not a great team in 2012 (DUCY?) jk..

But seriously, we are a good ******* team. We might not be dominant but we play tough and that is the type of team I want come playoffs.

I heard a stat that said something to the effect of after playing the niners, the other team has the most people on the injury list the following week (on average). I can guarantee no team is coming into San Fran and thinking they are the favorites, so lets kick some ******* seahawk ass.

Teams are going to get worn down as the season goes on, every team is going to lose players (lewis, revis, cushings). the 49ers are deep enough to play well in last part of the season. The 49ers are good at taking what teams give us and we got away from that against the Giants. The first two drives we moved very effectively against the giants and then stalled (which is fine!). We got away from our game, we stopped taking what they were giving us and just kept pushing the ball down the field. The Giants made it clear they weren't going to let Vernon Davis or Frank Gore beat us.

I am no football expert but what I saw was a team with confidence (the 49ers) playing stupid undisciplined football. The second half was an embarrassment. I heard here on the forums frank gore had 0 carries in the second half? Am I the only one who is pissed off that we have 3 star players not getting any time? On top of that our feature back with 0 carries in the second half ugh

Seriously tho, the Giants game plan was clear, take away Vernon and Frank. They had to be giving us something, can any of you film experts break it down for me? What were the Giants giving us? they had to be doubling Vernon, or chipping him constantly and having there eye on Gore in the backfield because they had absolutely no production.Who was left open? what routes were they giving us?

Oh and to all of you who want to blame Alex, smh. Alex Smith was probably told to go for it all game, his confidence was super high and the coaching staff wanted to see what they had in Alex . Well we found out, we have a guy who can take what the defense is giving us. If you want to call him a game manager than do it. It sure beats games like Phillip Rivers had where he throws 4 picks and the chargers have 5 turnovers in their last 6 possessions in the second half. Alex got away from what made our team great (not all his fault ... coaching). He was trying to force it, instead of taking what they were giving us. The giants had 8 yards in the first quarter.

Alex smith can take what the defense is giving us. I don't want him to force it, that's not how our team is built, its just not! Up until last week when we weren't the cockiest team in football (including alex) our QB was rated #1 by pure stats. Alex , the team, got cocky.

It is time to move on, learn from our mistakes. We need to take what defenses are giving us. We have to many weapons, we create to many match up problems for defenses not to be giving us something. I don't know what it will be against the Seahawks, but I have a feeling they are going to make Alex beat us. Which is fine, I don't think it will take a superman effort, but I do think any time a team makes 1 player have to beat you of course that player has to preform, it doesn't matter that it is a quarterback.

oh and f the hawks
-tl:dr rant

^^^^^^^THIS x10
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Not a must win, but an extremely important game. It's going to be a tight race for the division crown this year. We need to take care of business at home against Seattle. We don't want to be in a position where we have to beat them @ Qwest Field to avoid being swept 0-2. In the end, tiebreakers might decide who wins the division.
this of course is the right answer
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
this of course is the right answer

i agree, this not a must win..but we need to win this one
Hell yea its a must all division fames are must win an for the last three years or so we been takin the division it cant stop now wit two losses im preidicting we go 10-6 or 11-5 we gonna have to loose some games We need to stick to the basics run the ball control the game like always an not force things and well be fine if we win these next two division games well be cool
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
we are going to lose the next three

Shut the Front Door, All the Time.

It is an important game because the Niners can't afford to lose to a division opponent or another NFC contender. I think the Niners handle the Seahawks because they aren't the same team on the road and the Niners have played much better after a loss with Harbaugh at the helm.

idk , Broc

Look at seattle's wins...

.......and your point is? They have only won one game on the road against a piss poor Carolina squad. They have one gift win at home over the Packers care of the replacement refs. What makes you so sure that the Niners are going to lose this game, much less the next two against a reeling Cards team and the Rams after the bye week?
we are going to lose the next three

Shut the Front Door, All the Time.

It is an important game because the Niners can't afford to lose to a division opponent or another NFC contender. I think the Niners handle the Seahawks because they aren't the same team on the road and the Niners have played much better after a loss with Harbaugh at the helm.

idk , Broc

Look at seattle's wins...

.......and your point is? They have only won one game on the road against a piss poor Carolina squad. They have one gift win at home over the Packers care of the replacement refs. What makes you so sure that the Niners are going to lose this game, much less the next two against a reeling Cards team and the Rams after the bye week?

They only lost to Division opponents on the road by a total of 10 points...could be 6-0..in every game they played..they weren't beaten badly. Their Defense has made other teams average or below.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM ]
Watching them right now.. we better play disciplined against their PA.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
every game is a MUST win game!!!

this
Its a division game......of course its a must win.....hell every next game is a must win game....end thread//