There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

can we use this blueprint

i do not remember, cause i am a niner for life , but when big ben was a rookie , didn't steelers use the same philosophy run the ball, play good defense , and do not kill themselves with turnovers , the reason why i ask this is because alex is a starter for 8 years , compare to kaep who is in his second years , why can we not let kaep or tollizen do the same and also if you look at it when kaep is in we go deep down the field more . as a frustrated niner fan we can not afford to go through another rebuilding stage because our qb can not throw a 20 or more yard route
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
i do not remember, cause i am a niner for life , but when big ben was a rookie , didn't steelers use the same philosophy run the ball, play good defense , and do not kill themselves with turnovers , the reason why i ask this is because alex is a starter for 8 years , compare to kaep who is in his second years , why can we not let kaep or tollizen do the same and also if you look at it when kaep is in we go deep down the field more . as a frustrated niner fan we can not afford to go through another rebuilding stage because our qb can not throw a 20 or more yard route

The main reason why they go down the field when CK was in there, if he didn't hand off or run the ball himself, it's cause the defense will be expecting CK to run. It doesn't necessarily work and it hasn't.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
as much as I hate rapistberger, he's a good qb
lol but remember rapistberger was a mobile qb at first but if you notice now in his career he use his arm now , could it be roman is not the oc we need because i thought a oc was to use strategy when going against a defense the giants are not good against the run i wish we would have pound the ball the go to play action what the hell is he thinking
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by izrath:

that jersey should be orange
  • sfout
  • Veteran
big ben's rookie year

358 pass attempts

vs

618 run attempts

almost a 35% - 65% split

last year for Alex's first year in a new system

451 pass attempts

498 run attempts

almost a 50 / 50 split.

I'm sure with Alex or Kaep we could find a more happy medium and excel in both areas.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM ]
You need to be watching game tape right now Michael instead of posting on the zone. Its a short week.
in those attempt how many were over 20 yards . and i another thing i notice when people play us have you not notice the two safeties play a distance of 8 yards against there corners we do not scare people deep
in those attempt how many were over 20 yards . and i another thing i notice when people play us have you not notice the two safeties play a distance of 8 yards against there corners we do not scare people deep

Very, very frustrating to watch.

You do not remember because you were dripping H20 from behind your ears.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

big ben / tommy maddox ( played 2 games )
attempts distance Percentage of attempts
51 behind the line of scrimmage 14%
164 1 - 10 yards 45%
98 10 - 20 yards 27%
26 21 - 30 yards 7%
19 30 - 40 yards 5%
8 41 and beyond 2%

Alex / kaep's 5 snaps lol
attempts distance percentage of attempts
75 behind the line of scrim 18%
250 1 - 10 yards 56%
81 11 - 20 yards 18%
21 21 - 30 yards 6%
8 31 - 40 yards 2%
7 41 and beyond 2%
Originally posted by tohara3:

Very, very frustrating to watch.

Again, not sure if it's Roman or Smith (or a combo of Roman knowing Smith), but it really doesn't seem like Smith looks much past the 10 yard line. And if he's made to scramble, forget about the "big play." Smith has zero ability to buy his recievers time for big plays. When on the go, he's about as predictable as the sun rising. I use to think we could win a SB with him, now I'm seriously having my doubts. If we do, it will have to be Raven's style 2000.