There are 157 users in the forums

Install No-Huddle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Instead of making any strides at all in having anything of a hurry up/no huddle offense, Roman has been messing around with gimmicks. I won't continue the well stated arguments against Roman's gameplan and game day calls (no carries for Gore, no deep routes, no screens, gimmicky QB'S switching). I can't remember the last time there was a legit, well crafted No-huddle offense. We've had an offseason to get it together. I realize that we are not a passing team, but to think that we simply don't even have it in place or installed in emabarressing. There are many situations when it would come in handy.

Why don't we have it?

If we do, where the hell is it?
I thought i heard the announcers call it warp speed O (as labeled by coaches) or something. In any case the matter antimatter chamber is made of card board and shouldn't leave dock. Back to dilythium crystals aka est power run pa pass, measured and methodical so ish doesn't blow up in our face.
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:
Instead of making any strides at all in having anything of a hurry up/no huddle offense, Roman has been messing around with gimmicks. I won't continue the well stated arguments against Roman's gameplan and game day calls (no carries for Gore, no deep routes, no screens, gimmicky QB'S switching). I can't remember the last time there was a legit, well crafted No-huddle offense. We've had an offseason to get it together. I realize that we are not a passing team, but to think that we simply don't even have it in place or installed in emabarressing. There are many situations when it would come in handy.

Why don't we have it?

If we do, where the hell is it?

You really want to no huddle 5 yard routes?
we are the opposite of no huddle....we swap personnel in there alot for our "cute" plays
Didn't we use the no-huddle effectively in the first Giants game when we played them last year?
Its not a bad thought. You obviously don't want to change the playbook at this point. But some no huddle keeps the defense from rotating in fresh players and with our stile of smash mouth football we could really break off some long runs wearing out the defenses.Call Chip Kelly after this game and set an appointment, we got 10 days before the next game. Chip has it down to a science. 1 word tells the offense everything. Dude says Omaha and it tells the WR's what routes to run and the blocking scheme. It would be epic to see some of this on the sidelines....

[ Edited by WhoGotItBetterThenUs on Oct 16, 2012 at 11:11 AM ]
I'm not advocating making it a staple or change our offensive philosophy/identity. I'm simply saying it is part of the game. It is a necessary component. It will be needed to finish games, or squeeze in a FG before halftime. All I'm really talking about is having a No-Huddle package, well practiced, well designed. It might only be 8-10 plays. A draw, screen, a few angled routes towards the sidelines to conserve time, etc. I'm talking about situational football. You don't use the same tool for every job. Sometimes you have to have that special tool for that job, in this case, end of game or end of half and you NEED to score. We do not have that capability. When you get in the playoffs, it is a must. We have ZERO going for us in these situations. As far as I am concerned it is a Coaching/Preperation issue.
[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Oct 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM ]
so let me get this straight you want to go no huddle with a QB that cant even successfully run what we already have? Sounds like a brilliant IDEA..
Share 49ersWebzone