LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

This is NOT a GREAT TEAM in 2012.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

Our schedule is WAY harder this year. I think most people knew our record wouldn't be as good this year. I hope this is the worst we will play all year and we can learn from this. Our hard a55 schedule will hopefully prepare us for the playoffs.

Dude, we are good. We beat GB on the road week one. We dominated Detroit. Raped the Jets and Bills (I know they suck but we raped both teams). We are part of the elite in the NFL

We beat the Detroit in Detroit LAST YEAR. We beat the Giants at home in the regular season and almost won the NFC Championship LAST YEAR. There is something about last year that is missing.
Last season this team was able to sneak up on everyone. The niners lost 2 games out of 4 against teams the second time around, being the losses to Arizona and the Giants in the playoffs. Teams have a lot more tape on Harbaugh than they did last season for obvious reasons. That plus a harder schedule can make it "appear" like the team isn't as good as last year but that simply isn't the case. The issue is that they need to stop being so damn conservative when playing from behind. Right now this team can not come from behind and that is an issue but overall, win in GB and 4-2 is looking pretty good to me still. If Thursday's game is a loss I will start to worry more but not yet.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
We got wiped out by the Giants. It's not even as close as the score shows. We dropped off from 13 - 3. We aren't that good anymore. We can't play with the big boys.

granted we had an easier schedule last year, dropping to 12-4 or even 11-5 wouldnt be a disappointment.

we wernt supposed to be beat New Orleans New York or Pittsburg last year, but we did. We can play with the big boys

How can you say that we're not good though? Last year, the talk was "if the niners play GB, can they win?" blah blah blah. Guess what, we came out and won against one of the best teams in the league, regardless of records. We beat GB AT LAMBEAU and then people wanna make BS excuses. We beat Detroit, Who cares if theyre playing like crap this year. We got better if anything. Yeah we lost to Minny and people want to say that we suck because we lost, Minn beat Detroit and a few others. "The Niners havnt beat anyone with a winning record". We beat two teams who were 5-0 at this point last year(3 teams if you want to include the Bills. Thats crap. Brady, Brees, Rogers could all have 0 wins, but that doesnt mean you dont take them seriously. We're talking Aaron "im gonnav throw 6Tds on the best team in the league" Rogers", So why dont we get credit for beating Rogers and Stafford or even Fitzpatrick. These are teams that put up numbers and we beat them yet people are so quick to put an astrisk on the wins. "we arnt that good anymore". smh. We got better. We have one ugly meltdown week and all of a sudden "we cant play with the big boys". Once again, Rogers and Stafford are "big boys". Fitzpatrick puts up "bog boy" numbers. Ponder is playing lights out and showing what he learned in the offseason, Manning is an Underrated "big boy" so dont say we're not good. We lost to a good team. IT HAPPENS. But the thing is, losing to a good team doesnt make you a bad team. Its the AnyGiveSunday factor. The Hawks and Cards both beat the Pats for crying out loud. It happens. We'll bounce back, and if we dont, then you can scold me
i will be so mad if this is a troll. there will be a plethora of emojis lol.

You are talking about winning games last year. That was a different year.

Elaborate

Elaborate

We were far better on special teams overall. Coverage, kicks and returns and FG's. And we had more depth at OLB pass rusher in a rotation. This is not the same team. We regressed.

Elaborate

We were far better on special teams overall. Coverage, kicks and returns and FG's. And we had more depth at OLB pass rusher in a rotation. This is not the same team. We regressed.

While I still agree that this team is clearly not what it was last season, I have been thinking about the league as a whole and how it has performed this year.

I think that as each season progresses, the league itself tends to take on a certain character. Last year ended up being about passing yards, and the championship game reflected that with two passers that went over 4900 yards. This year obviously remains to be seen what it will become but one of the clear themes is the wide-openness and the fact that any team on any game could be up or down. So I think what we have seen this season may reflect to a certain extent things that are out of our teams' control.

We beat the Bills who beat the Cardinals who beat the Patriots.
We lost to the Vikings who lost to the Colts who lost to the Jets who we destroyed.
We lost to the Giants who lost to the Eagles who lost to the Lions who we beat pretty soundly.

The Texans looked like one of the best teams in the league but they got absolutely shredded by Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, who we beat pretty roundly on the road.

The I don't know if it's the talent level or something a little more intangible, but the whole league is pretty uneven. That doesn't mean we don't have weaknesses but they seem, along with everyone else, to be there for exploitation on an unpredictable basis. As long as we can get hot after the bye we still have a shot.
The OP is looking for perfection. Not even the 72 dolphins were perfect no matter how much Mercury Morris believes they were.
bump
San Diego, against the 2nd or 3rd best team in the NFL, we embarrassed the bears. It was no fluke. Harbaugh now has all his wits about him, with his AFib fixed, and you saw tonite a preview of the remainder of our season. This was a great team we humiliated tonite. True their Qb was subpar and a sub, but our Qb was a sub also with no previous NFL starts. Power rankings are going to have us up on the Falcons who dodged a bullet and won, and we will be tied w/ Broncos, PATs , GB for the top 4. Remember the Texans looked terrible and barely survived a team with one win. NFL is now on notice: Coach H is back, healthy, and so is the team.
What do we think now?

Kap keeps slingin tdz we're gonna be unstoppable!
Not being able to compete with Matt Ryan is where I had to stop, find the trash can, and puke.

You aren't really serious about that one are you? Also we already beat Aaron Rodgers in his house. Eli probably wont even make the playoffs.

The Matt Ryan thing got me though. So we can beat Brady but not the almighty Matt Ryan?

lol Ryan would be getting laid out on his ass, playing catch up, and throwing picks by the second quarter. Actually of all the post season teams the Falcons would be my favorite opponent for us. The Seahawks and the Redskins pose more of a threat. Getting the Falcons in the NFC championship should be considered catching a break.
This is a much better team now. But you have to understand when this was written. But we still have special teams holes.
This is a much better team now. But you have to understand when this was written. But we still have special teams holes.

We need a f**king kicker desperately.

And Ginn looks like Kyle Williams in the NFCC 2.0.
Share 49ersWebzone