LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Week 6: Thoughts after watching the game(couldn't bring myself to watch it again yet)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
First, Alex didn't really look bad until the 2nd half when he threw those painful two INTs. Still, that was enough to hurt us badly, and he wasn't gonna force one more pass. Second, Boone came in at LT for Staley and blocked well. The defense just got rather undisciplined at times in the 2nd half. All of the rest, I agree with.

I think Alex pressed but Giants also did a good job. Again, I don't think he throws all 3 ints and things go much differently if a few plays went different. The field goals, the L.Davis false start, the play calling and constant switching of the qbs. Honestly, I really wonder how the game would have turned out if we didn't outsmart ourselves and played it like we normally do. Not saying we won because the Giants are a great team and they seem to bring their A game against us unlike when they play some of the bad teams. I think it would have been within 7 points.

Yeah, me too.. I think our D would have played with better energy and results, had we avoided an INT or two... and that could have happened had we not been so stupid as to have abandoned Gore and Hunter in the 3rd quarter. Can only shake my head over the coaching decisions there... but it's past time to move on and forget about that game.
First, Alex didn't really look bad until the 2nd half when he threw those painful two INTs. Still, that was enough to hurt us badly, and he wasn't gonna force one more pass. Second, Boone came in at LT for Staley and blocked well. The defense just got rather undisciplined at times in the 2nd half. All of the rest, I agree with.

I think Alex pressed but Giants also did a good job. Again, I don't think he throws all 3 ints and things go much differently if a few plays went different. The field goals, the L.Davis false start, the play calling and constant switching of the qbs. Honestly, I really wonder how the game would have turned out if we didn't outsmart ourselves and played it like we normally do. Not saying we won because the Giants are a great team and they seem to bring their A game against us unlike when they play some of the bad teams. I think it would have been within 7 points.

Yeah, me too.. I think our D would have played with better energy and results, had we avoided an INT or two... and that could have happened had we not been so stupid as to have abandoned Gore and Hunter in the 3rd quarter. Can only shake my head over the coaching decisions there... but it's past time to move on and forget about that game.

Thats the second time we've had success running on the Giants only to abandon the run and lose the game....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Thats the second time we've had success running on the Giants only to abandon the run and lose the game....

Too true.
don't kick whitner
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

lock this old one up, too confusing.
Niner fans are bad?
Snyder played well today.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
don't kick whitner

I knew who did this before even looking. You're crazy, brah.
Share 49ersWebzone