Ouch. That one smarts. Forgive the shortness this week as it isn't really something I want to relive too often.
1) Alex Smith Running Tally since Eagles game in 2010. 31 Games, 860 Att, 544 Comp, 6376 Yards, 41 Tds, 12 INTs, 95.76 QB Rating. Easily the worst game he's played in the Harbaugh era. Bad, Bad performance. The Niners were dominating that game in the first quarter and it just seems like the entire game did a 180 when Alex threw that first pick down the sideline. Suddenly the Giants were unstopable in that quarter. Suddently the Niners couldn't do a damn thing. I don't know where I am on this...is this just an abberation for Alex or is this a signal of things to come. I'm leaning toward an abberation, but I have to admit that game made me nervous. Yes, he was pressing....but WOW, 3 picks. That hurt.
2) Kaep: OK, I like the WildKaep, Wolfpack, Pistol or whatever it is but ENOUGH already. The Niners hit a deep bomb to Moss when it was probably already too late but then tried to get cute and Kaep took an 11 yard loss. That killed the drive. Obviously I'm not putting this all on Kaep, but man...that was a killer.
3) Pass D: What the hell is it with Victor Cruz. They can't cover him to save their life.
4) Pass Rush: Absent. What Gives?
5) Rush D: Actually played well until the end of the game. I don't want to say Niners quit, but they were getting gashed late like they NEVER get gashed.
6) Rush O: Actually not too bad before it got out of hand. They were moving it well. Gore was over 4 yards a carry, but only got 8 carries. Hunter had a nice run himself.
7) Red-Zone D: Actually played pretty damn well if you consider how often the O turned it over deep in their own end.
8) Giants: As much as I hate it, you have to give them credit for a good game plan and just getting off the plane angry and ready to play. The Niners got punched in the mouth. This wasn't the Niners "beating themselves". They got beat.
9) NFC West: Enough of the NFC West jokes. 3 teams are 4-2 and I think the Patriots are tired of playing this division. Its gonna be a tough road but the Niners have 6 of the next 10 all within the division. This is where it'll be won.
10) Is it thursday yet? The one saving grace here is that we won't have to sit on this one a full week.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM ]