LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I agree with many that Roman is over-rated
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I haven't seen much of LSU this year, but I remember how potent the Chargers offense was during his tenure. I think a coordinator like Cameron can do some serious damage with the talent we have on offense.

That's my recollection as well...and he would have great tools to work with in SF...if the WRs can stay healthy. The 9ers have more talent on offense than Baltimore did. Rice is great but so is Gore, and our other backs are very good. WRs are now equal with Boldin in SF and Crabtree/Manningham back. And I would much rather have Kaepernick than Flacco...so all in all...he might just jump at this potential opportunity.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
We must fired a Greg Roman.. He said.. He was creative new offense? He didn't work out and bad playbooks his own way.. .. We need find the playbook style for wisdom how win games!! The playbook style is very important and can beat the Denver or Seattle!

I love you BuZzB28. I'm not worthy.
None of us are worthy where BuZzB is concerned
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
None of us are worthy where BuZzB is concerned

I didn't saying about u both are not worthy? I didn't say that.... U know. I always support you our 49ers fans... Tell me I am concerned about what?

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
We must fired a Greg Roman.. He said.. He was creative new offense? He didn't work out and bad playbooks his own way.. .. We need find the playbook style for wisdom how win games!! The playbook style is very important and can beat the Denver or Seattle!

I love you BuZzB28. I'm not worthy.
Haha.. you silly.. Love you too!
watching roman press conferences, man he's about as smug/arrogant as it gets...he puts harbaugh to shame w/ his condescending tone.
Kubiak might be an option too, idk if he is has a safe job in Houston.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
watching roman press conferences, man he's about as smug/arrogant as it gets...he puts harbaugh to shame w/ his condescending tone.

What? I don't get that vibe from him at all. He's always very professional.

I guess if you're not jerking yourself off at the podium like Pete Carroll, you're smug/arrogant.

Let's hope he shows us and the Seahawks something new this weekend.
Originally posted by xela510:

Give me shanahan or kubiak, but our whole blocking scheme will change and there can be some growing pains especially with an oline that struggles to pass protect already

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Give me shanahan or kubiak, but our whole blocking scheme will change and there can be some growing pains especially with an oline that struggles to pass protect already

there is no way Shanahan becomes a coordinator again. Shanny is an arrogant shriveled up has-been anyway. Kubiak I could see becoming a coordinator again and he would be an interesting hire if it came down to it.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Didn't this guy get you to as SB last year? Aren't you still in the playoff picture?

Top 5/10 NFL team problems.

we've been in the bottom third in the league in offense all three years he's been here. Always good in the run, above average in points, but not able to generate a consistent passing game. There have been multiple games throughout the past three years--including the Super Bowl--where suspect playcalling and bizarre play design and game plans have caused us to struggle or lose.

Roman is better than many OC's in the league but he's not perfect and his flaws have become more obvious over time.

But I suppose Seahawks fans have never had reason to question playcalls or game plans and have never debated how their team could be improved at every level.

A lot of Hawk fans debated PC's emotional playcalling that caused the loss to the Rams when he tried his own trick play as well as his decision to go for it on fourth down rather than get 3 pts against ATL last year. But the way I see it is that you gotta take his good and bad decisions together and overall he got us to where we're at. So that's what I would say about your OC, yeah he's done some not so effective stuff, but overall you're still getting wins and still making a case as a SB contender. Now if you're team fell off the face of the earth like the Texans, that'd be a different story.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Let's hope he shows us and the Seahawks something new this weekend.

Don't hold your breath on it!

kubiak might be a good fit but his scheme is different
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

kubiak might be a good fit but his scheme is different

Both Shannahan and Kubiak are really good offensive minds, but there might be too many changes they would have to make in order to use their systems. Although we seem to have the skill players to do so--WR, RB, QB...hmmm...
Share 49ersWebzone