LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
no
Roman has gone full retard. The solution is painfully obvious and he refuses to do it.

f**k the pistol read option. Return to the power running game. QB under center taking advantage of play action pass. Plenty of short, easy completions on 1st down to create manageable situations. You know, the type of offense that won us the division the past 2 seasons.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Jim needs to pull a John and fire his OC. Take the rest of the year being trained by a real WCO OC.

Not that far off, Ravens passing offense was garbage under Cam Cameron who was there for a long time, 4 seasons, hopefully it doesn't take Jim as long as it took his brother to wise up.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Jim needs to pull a John and fire his OC. Take the rest of the year being trained by a real WCO OC.

Not that far off, Ravens passing offense was garbage under Cam Cameron who was there for a long time, 4 seasons, hopefully it doesn't take Jim as long as it took his brother to wise up.

Funny how firing Cameron and hiring Jim Caldwell of all people indirectly led to or at minimum happened simultaneously to Flacco's rise to "elite" status. We really need to do something.

The funny thing is that while Harbaugh has led us from the dark ages, we don't idolize him, this fan base will turn on him in a heart beat if we have a 5 game losing streak. It in all honesty is time for a change at either 1 or both coordinator positions this year.

We can't keep blaming our lack to get over the hump on the intangible concept of bad luck, (see KW fumble and the "holding" by Jimmy Smith). At some point we need to realize that while we had a "limited" QB w/ a bad WR corp in '11 we also had terrible play calls in the NFCCG and bad defense and in '12 any reasonable OC would say wait we have a mobile QB, a north-south RB, and top 3 if not #1 OL in the league? Okay we'll try a run from inside the 5.....

At half time of the game I knew the WZ was going to be hilarious but at the same time I do have a hard time justifying that Roman is still our OC.
Yes, he is really good

at EATING

or SUCKING
roman wont last the season. one more loss and hes gone i think
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by zero:
The entire league has his offense figured out and he still won't change it.

This. By far this is the most frustrating thing, he isn't even really running a WCO anymore, all that talk about Harbaugh going through the archives and looking at all of Bill Walsh's old tapes....etc, absolute b******t. The 49ers are running a gimmick-laden poverty Mike Martz offense right now.

Phoenix... you're finally starting to convert me.

Frank was KILLING it all game... but no, let's throw deep to GARRET CELEK and MARLON MOORE.

Jesus.

Marlon Moore is to receivers

what fecal material is to poops

This. By far this is the most frustrating thing, he isn't even really running a WCO anymore, all that talk about Harbaugh going through the archives and looking at all of Bill Walsh's old tapes....etc, absolute b******t. The 49ers are running a gimmick-laden poverty Mike Martz offense right now.

Frank was KILLING it all game... but no, let's throw deep to GARRET CELEK and MARLON MOORE.

Jesus.

Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Jesus.

Kid had his 10 seconds of fame in Preseason game # 1 with a great catch at the ground. Outside of that, Hawkins, Chad Hall, Chuck Jacobs, and Austin Collie showed more in their limited opportunities to be a part of this gameday unit.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 22, 2013 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Funny how firing Cameron and hiring Jim Caldwell of all people indirectly led to or at minimum happened simultaneously to Flacco's rise to "elite" status. We really need to do something.

The funny thing is that while Harbaugh has led us from the dark ages, we don't idolize him, this fan base will turn on him in a heart beat if we have a 5 game losing streak. It in all honesty is time for a change at either 1 or both coordinator positions this year.

We can't keep blaming our lack to get over the hump on the intangible concept of bad luck, (see KW fumble and the "holding" by Jimmy Smith). At some point we need to realize that while we had a "limited" QB w/ a bad WR corp in '11 we also had terrible play calls in the NFCCG and bad defense and in '12 any reasonable OC would say wait we have a mobile QB, a north-south RB, and top 3 if not #1 OL in the league? Okay we'll try a run from inside the 5.....

At half time of the game I knew the WZ was going to be hilarious but at the same time I do have a hard time justifying that Roman is still our OC.

roman has regressed

first season we couldn't call plays in the red zone so we kicked field goals

last season he couldn't call plays in the red zone and it cost us a super bowl

this season he can't call plays period and we can't even move the ball anymore.

the talent is there.

the coaching is not.

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
roman has regressed

first season we couldn't call plays in the red zone so we kicked field goals

last season he couldn't call plays in the red zone and it cost us a super bowl

this season he can't call plays period and we can't even move the ball anymore.

the talent is there.

the coaching is not.

This. The 49ers are not short on talent on the offensive side. Is the WR situation ideal, no, of course not, but Boldin, Williams, Patton are more than serviceable, especially when you consider that there's VD at TE, as well as the immense potential of McDonald. Then you have an OL that excels in run-blocking, a still high quality RB in Gore, a great backup in Hunter and a mobile, gunslinging QB in Kaepernick. A far more creative mind would ways to scheme his WR's open and to utilize all the weapons at his disposal properly and create a variety of mismatches all over the field. Roman has done none of that.

The best, most creative offensive coordinators do more with less, Roman consistently manages to find ways to do less with more.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM ]
Fire this f**ker and promote Rathman.

Then have Harbaugh call plays. If he is focused on calling plays hes not focused on all the other b******t.

Rathman is the type of identity this offense needs to be successful this year.

Get rid of the b******t and learn to run a successful pro style offense first.
This. The 49ers are not short on talent on the offensive side. Is the WR situation ideal, no, of course not, but Boldin, Williams, Patton are more than serviceable, especially when you consider that there's VD at TE, as well as the immense potential of McDonald. Then you have an OL that excels in run-blocking, a still high quality RB in Gore, a great backup in Hunter and a mobile, gunslinging QB in Kaepernick. A far more creative mind would ways to scheme his WR's open and to utilize all the weapons at his disposal properly and create a variety of mismatches all over the field. Roman has done none of that.

The best, most creative offensive coordinators do more with less, Roman consistently manages to find ways to do less with more.

yup absolutely horrible

and i don't think they're a good judge of who to play and who not to either.

baldwin has been inactive for what reason? he's a huge target and he's fast. way better than kyle williams. who is actually good for nothing

why wouldn't we play him? i mean aj jenkins is out there catching passes for the chiefs and we can't seem to get baldwin on the field...

why didn't gore and hunter carry it 20 times each...

hunter has looked EXCELLENT in LIMITED action

he looks faster and stronger than when he left.

all the gore has lost a step talk died like i knew it would once we ran the ball correctly.

this was an easy win for us. we could have controlled the clock scored td's and made luck pass which would play into our pass rush. that's the formula. that's always been the formula.

roman is a complete waste and the difference between 3-0 and 1-2

the same talent is there that had kap put up 400 yards isn't it? lol
Greg Roman discusses Vernon Davis, LaMichael James, wide receivers-

"Jon's done a really nice job in practice. I like his attitude. He hasn't gotten into a game yet and I really haven't noticed anything but a guy coming in everyday working hard and flashing in practice. So, I think Jon's a guy we're very fortunate to have and his role could expand pretty soon."
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/9/24/4767728/greg-roman-discusses-vernon-davis-lamichael-james-wide-receivers
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Greg Roman discusses Vernon Davis, LaMichael James, wide receivers-

"Jon's done a really nice job in practice. I like his attitude. He hasn't gotten into a game yet and I really haven't noticed anything but a guy coming in everyday working hard and flashing in practice. So, I think Jon's a guy we're very fortunate to have and his role could expand pretty soon."
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/9/24/4767728/greg-roman-discusses-vernon-davis-lamichael-james-wide-receivers

Meh...generic coach speak.
Share 49ersWebzone