There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Might be but they need a change and mix it up on offense and as good the defense if playing I think a change is in order there too. That defense is good enough to be one of the best the NFL has seen for a long time.
I have a suggestion for the Photoshop thread -- Photoshop Roman's face on Raye's head and call him Jimmy Roman
Trent Dilfer just said the Packers out up 495 yards vs Minnesota yesterday. With 3rd string QB and missing WR's and TE's. So while much of the blame for our O is on our adolescent QB, and I've been as frustrated with Kap as anyone, most blame is on the coaches for either not putting him in better positions, or not realizing he simply doesn't have it.
explode lol
I wish I had a press pass. My first question to Harbaugh is when is Roman fired? Right now or just wait til after the game? Fewest pass yards in the NFL. Guess what Roman...you suck at your job and you are fired. This is a super bowl team with a good OC.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Florida49er:
I wish I had a press pass. My first question to Harbaugh is when is Roman fired? Right now or just wait til after the game? Fewest pass yards in the NFL. Guess what Roman...you suck at your job and you are fired. This is a super bowl team with a good OC.

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Kaepernick with back-to-back completion of 24 and 19 yards (TD) to Boldin. Longest completion in previous two games: 17 yards.
Greg Roman has tuned into a moron! How much longer is he going to keep running it into the line with 8 and 9 man fronts, and single coverage on the outside? Let Kaep freakin' roll out and move in the pocket when he throws! This is stupidity! And have you ever noticed when Kaep kills a play, the alternative play is a run for 1 or 2 yards, STUPID!!!
NOW
from 10%
to 80%
if we can take 80% of this offense we are on a 7 game winning streak....

keep this offense for the rest of the season.

this offense and eliminate the predictable hunter runs.

keep the momentum up.
hey roman keep calling those slants when they load the box please
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Even Gruden was scratching his head on the playcalling.........man to man on the outsides and one safety in the middle......8 guys in the box........cmon Roman!
Our offense lacks any kind of rhythm. We don't give our QB a chance to get into a groove. Every 1st down is a struggle. We have very few 2nd and short or 3rd and shorts. I find it depressing. I'm glad we won, but its the lowly Skins.
You guys noticed all those WR screens that WAS ran? Gruden did a little segment on it. That playbook is chock full of AR2 plays. Run up against a LB crew like the 49ers and it's useless. The pass distribution was okay with Vance getting thrown a bone. Saw a few no huddles where Kap tried to channel his inner Peyton. Offense looked good after the first couple possessions. Slow starts are something the 49ers can't seem to avoid.
Would like to know both play calls Kap is given. Remember Kap is picking which play to run....it could be that his inexperience is making him pick the wrong one.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Would like to know both play calls Kap is given. Remember Kap is picking which play to run....it could be that his inexperience is making him pick the wrong one.

he gets 3.

and there's only so much you can do with the personnel you're given.

so if he's given 3 plays and has 2te's a fb and only 1wr doesn't matter against an 8 or 9 man front. not too much you can do correct?

NOW

if you give him 2 or 3wr's and 3 plays then you see what he does with that...

and also you see if they get the play in on time he has time to make the right adjustments.

i don't think he made a bad play call tonight. he made some bad decisions at points but overall the only way to be successful is multiple opportunities throughout a game.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by jreff22:

he gets 3.

and there's only so much you can do with the personnel you're given.

so if he's given 3 plays and has 2te's a fb and only 1wr doesn't matter against an 8 or 9 man front. not too much you can do correct?

NOW

if you give him 2 or 3wr's and 3 plays then you see what he does with that...

and also you see if they get the play in on time he has time to make the right adjustments.

i don't think he made a bad play call tonight. he made some bad decisions at points but overall the only way to be successful is multiple opportunities throughout a game.
While I agree, the TE is VD...he is a 2nd WR in our system. Leaving Vance in to block and one of the RB/FB to help block and letting the other work underneath is not a bad thing.