There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by 49erWay:
Nah guys.

What is Kap supposed to do when he has 3 dudes on him while his receivers are running straight line with their backs flat to him?

This looks like when Smith had to block for himself and throw it before anybody had a clue the ball was coming their way.

And now, as history repeats itself the harbinger of death is going to be on the line.

Adam Snyder.

Might as well just put Kap on injured reserve right now before Snyder gets him killed and save him for next year.

Fire Roman, fire the WR coach (in his time Johnny Morton was a decent receiver but he aint no coach.)

Take over Jim

We need you to
im not even going to blame the wr coach.
his players don't even get enough reps to show whether they're good or not.
roman is horrible period. he needs to go or be relieved of his duties if we want any shot

after the 1st time we lost this season the plan should have been thrown away.

next game gore is averaging 7.5 yards per carry and he says ok let's not do that anymore. and we lose. that's 2 times.

ok now he says ok ok ill run and we win 5 in a row

goes to the bye week and says ok back to the drawing board for some strange reason we lose.

then comes out and says ok ok i got it let's not use gore or anyone else again and we lose

that's 4 damn loses. all on him

how is he allowed in the building ?
Gore called Roman a genius. That's good enough for me.
Lets give credit where credit is due.

Saints played a great game. Hats tipped to their staff and players.

But yeah, our offense was sucking wind and it was like watching pee wee football.

Please, for the love of God Jim, take over.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Gore is a great RB but he is no scholar. Not good enough for me.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Gore is a great RB but he is no scholar. Not good enough for me.

So you know more about offenses particularly this one than Gore? Good luck with that.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What I can't understand about our coaching staff is why they cannot seem to make adjustments to counter the opposing teams when their game plan takes an unexpected change in direction. The elite teams can do this. Why can't we?

This has been a constant problem since 2011. When the gameplan works, it usually works pretty well, when the gameplan falters, they can't adjust, at least not on offense.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What I can't understand about our coaching staff is why they cannot seem to make adjustments to counter the opposing teams when their game plan takes an unexpected change in direction. The elite teams can do this. Why can't we?

they are not competent.
the adjustments aren't even huge ones that are needed. if the oc was worth a grain of salt there would be no way to prepare for us.
you stack the box? ok we spread you out with multiple WIDE RECEIVERS running competent routes meaning short options longer options and running back release options. that is literally all the top passing teams do. it's that simple.
if you play the pass then we line up and power run the ball.
we also play action pass out of the power run.
if you try to play zone coverage then we run short and intermediate routes as well as run the ball since you're basically in vanilla coverage.
if you play press man then we run the pistol because it's man to man you either have a spy on kap or you don't if you don't its curtains if you do then that's 1 less player to stop lmj/hunter
if you blitz us then we throw the screen to any of the backs gore/hunter/lmj and eat you alive until you decide its not a good idea to do.

we're capable of doing that on anyone in the nfl relentlessly

but for some odd reason we don't do ANY of them.

why?
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Lets give credit where credit is due.

Saints played a great game. Hats tipped to their staff and players.

But yeah, our offense was sucking wind and it was like watching pee wee football.

Please, for the love of God Jim, take over.

i can give them credit for some things.
however the commitment to run personnel and not running the ball played into their hands completely.
you don't have to guard anyone.
and stacking the box and not running
running alone creatively or with wham plays gets us into field goal range.. continuously that's essentially what our offense was in '11

we let these 2 teams off the hook. even the basic things gets us wins in both those games and in the colts game basic adjustments and we're 9-1

its inexcusable

i call him a genius too we mean it the same exact way
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Leave Snorlax alone...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lol, this is still a question being asked
Originally posted by cciowa:

it needs to be until they address it. i wish i had some coaches emails. i would send them this thread. every day.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by cciowa:

it needs to be until they address it. i wish i had some coaches emails. i would send them this thread. every day.

insert harbaugh, roman "did not read" gif here
Originally posted by Allx9er:

has anyone considered that roman only has 1 read?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

has anyone considered that roman only has 1 read?

im sure there's a couple of pages dedicated to that particular subject buried in here somewhere.