LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is just more cherry-picking of plays, you can take similar screenshots for every QB in the NFL, on some of those screenshots, Kaepernick is obviously committed to a receiver, just because a guy breaks open at that point is meaningless. In other plays there is no telling where he is in his read, just because a guy is open doesn't mean he was "open" when Kaepernick looked his way.

Is Kaepernick doing well, no, not lately, but these "gotcha shots" are b******t, look at the total number of snaps, the amount of times the 49ers trotted out only 1 WR out there, or that they had Kaepernick taking long drop backs late in the game when there should have been bootlegs utilized to get him more time to throw the ball downfield.

I notice how these people never make screenshots of Kaepernick scrambling, looking downfield, with every single receiver having his back turned towards him, when I get some time I'll take some screenshots as well of where he was put into some really bad situations when he has to scramble and nobody comes back for the football.

that's the best part though. he misses a play. and then that's a microcosm of the entire game lol

no word on why we have 2te's out there 71% of the time though right?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
that's the best part though. he misses a play. and then that's a microcosm of the entire game lol

no word on why we have 2te's out there 71% of the time though right?

Or why they keep lining the fullback out wide or using long dropbacks against teams stacking the box and attacking, or any number of other crazy, upside down playcalls.
No, it means they show guys breaking open when you can clearly see Kaepernick is committed and in his throwing motion, such as in the endzone pass to VD. It is someone trying to point out something when they have no clue what the hell they are actually looking at. If you watch some of those plays in real time, you can see that Kaepernick makes initial reads to some of the very receivers that get open after he already had looked their way, such as in the endzone pass to VD. Kaepernick looks to Boldin, Boldin is covered, he moves on to VD, commits to VD and then this random guy states that Kaepernick f**ked up because Boldin breaks open after Kaepernick already moved to another read.

Kaepernick is struggling and there's times that he flat out does miss an open receiver or makes the wrong read, but some of those examples are just idiotic.
nvm that it was a blitz and if he held the ball longer people would be complaining about him holding the ball too long on an obvious blitz, like they just did last week

nvm it's a tie game and we're backed up on our own end and instead of running the ball to get the clock moving past the 2minute warning and positive yards, he calls a dropback and the pressure is right there to sack.

just like the panthers did last week

as if rob ryan knew it was coming

which he more than likely did.
Nah guys.

What is Kap supposed to do when he has 3 dudes on him while his receivers are running straight line with their backs flat to him?

This looks like when Smith had to block for himself and throw it before anybody had a clue the ball was coming their way.

And now, as history repeats itself the harbinger of death is going to be on the line.

Adam Snyder.

Might as well just put Kap on injured reserve right now before Snyder gets him killed and save him for next year.

Fire Roman, fire the WR coach (in his time Johnny Morton was a decent receiver but he aint no coach.)

Take over Jim

We need you to
Or why they keep lining the fullback out wide or using long dropbacks against teams stacking the box and attacking, or any number of other crazy, upside down playcalls.

the fact that they would rather use the fullback split wide over an actual slot wr in baldin or even hunter or james in space

and the fact that vance and the practice squad tight end got more reps than our 2nd and 3rd wr..

it goes on and on

the stat every game they point to is how kap hasn't found any other wr's
but they don't point out that for HALF of the season williams was the other guy and he rarely shared any time
and after his departure we have lined up 2te's instead of 2wr's or even 3 majority of the snap
and in power formation with slow options have passed more than we have run.

all of which is basic football 101
and this is the plan they they actually felt good about and didn't change.

the longest run of the day was a wham block play from gore
and in true roman fashion he never ran the thing AGAIN
gore had 70 yards rushing in the 1st half against the panthers, and in response to this in a 1 point game is to give him 2 carries in the 2nd half.

him getting carries alone puts us in field goal range at least to extend the lead.
instead let's keep 2 te's out there and honestly literally give kap 3 options 1 of which being the damn fullback

and jim is ok with this week in and week out.

the arrogance is too much, just too much. i wish jed would fire greg so jim didn't have to do it. just fired him and then said you call the plays now
What I can't understand about our coaching staff is why they cannot seem to make adjustments to counter the opposing teams when their game plan takes an unexpected change in direction. The elite teams can do this. Why can't we?
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Nah guys.

What is Kap supposed to do when he has 3 dudes on him while his receivers are running straight line with their backs flat to him?

This looks like when Smith had to block for himself and throw it before anybody had a clue the ball was coming their way.

And now, as history repeats itself the harbinger of death is going to be on the line.

Adam Snyder.

Might as well just put Kap on injured reserve right now before Snyder gets him killed and save him for next year.

Fire Roman, fire the WR coach (in his time Johnny Morton was a decent receiver but he aint no coach.)

Take over Jim

We need you to
im not even going to blame the wr coach.
his players don't even get enough reps to show whether they're good or not.
roman is horrible period. he needs to go or be relieved of his duties if we want any shot

after the 1st time we lost this season the plan should have been thrown away.

next game gore is averaging 7.5 yards per carry and he says ok let's not do that anymore. and we lose. that's 2 times.

ok now he says ok ok ill run and we win 5 in a row

goes to the bye week and says ok back to the drawing board for some strange reason we lose.

then comes out and says ok ok i got it let's not use gore or anyone else again and we lose

that's 4 damn loses. all on him

how is he allowed in the building ?
Gore called Roman a genius. That's good enough for me.
Lets give credit where credit is due.

Saints played a great game. Hats tipped to their staff and players.

But yeah, our offense was sucking wind and it was like watching pee wee football.

Please, for the love of God Jim, take over.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Gore is a great RB but he is no scholar. Not good enough for me.

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Gore is a great RB but he is no scholar. Not good enough for me.

So you know more about offenses particularly this one than Gore? Good luck with that.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What I can't understand about our coaching staff is why they cannot seem to make adjustments to counter the opposing teams when their game plan takes an unexpected change in direction. The elite teams can do this. Why can't we?

This has been a constant problem since 2011. When the gameplan works, it usually works pretty well, when the gameplan falters, they can't adjust, at least not on offense.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

they are not competent.
the adjustments aren't even huge ones that are needed. if the oc was worth a grain of salt there would be no way to prepare for us.
you stack the box? ok we spread you out with multiple WIDE RECEIVERS running competent routes meaning short options longer options and running back release options. that is literally all the top passing teams do. it's that simple.
if you play the pass then we line up and power run the ball.
we also play action pass out of the power run.
if you try to play zone coverage then we run short and intermediate routes as well as run the ball since you're basically in vanilla coverage.
if you play press man then we run the pistol because it's man to man you either have a spy on kap or you don't if you don't its curtains if you do then that's 1 less player to stop lmj/hunter
if you blitz us then we throw the screen to any of the backs gore/hunter/lmj and eat you alive until you decide its not a good idea to do.

we're capable of doing that on anyone in the nfl relentlessly

but for some odd reason we don't do ANY of them.

why?
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Lets give credit where credit is due.

Saints played a great game. Hats tipped to their staff and players.

But yeah, our offense was sucking wind and it was like watching pee wee football.

Please, for the love of God Jim, take over.

i can give them credit for some things.
however the commitment to run personnel and not running the ball played into their hands completely.
you don't have to guard anyone.
and stacking the box and not running
running alone creatively or with wham plays gets us into field goal range.. continuously that's essentially what our offense was in '11

we let these 2 teams off the hook. even the basic things gets us wins in both those games and in the colts game basic adjustments and we're 9-1

its inexcusable

i call him a genius too we mean it the same exact way
Share 49ersWebzone