There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

I still think Roman is a great coach/mind, but the 49ers might have to fire him to get the changes needed to thrive offensively, since Roman is so unwilling to do it. Simplify the offense so that plays get called with plenty of time to make checks at the line. This is Cam Cameronesque.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
I still think Roman is a great coach/mind, but the 49ers might have to fire him to get the changes needed to thrive offensively, since Roman is so unwilling to do it. Simplify the offense so that plays get called with plenty of time to make checks at the line. This is Cam Cameronesque.
you think roman is a great coach with a great mind, well that makes one of you
Originally posted by dhp318:

the thing that makes roman an idiot is the thing that he's good at... which is designing power running plays that work.. he doesn't do it when he clearly can

gore's longest run play was on a wham block that hasn't failed the team ever.

and he only did it once

instead of multiple different ways

lol

that is roman
Wow, dhp, just wow.

Phoenix, if you really believe kap consistently throws the ball well downfield, then I have to wonder if we were watching the same game...you know, the ones with the gold helmets and 49ers on the side.? Kap throws downfield with wild abandon...occasionally one prayer gets answered. But please don't tell me he throws a consistent 20 yd pass well....because he doesn't . He sure throws a lot of downfield passes tho....just not completions. Also blame that on roman and crappy routes by receivers...as well as Kap's newfound "hold onto the ball and don't throw it" routine, which just makes me sick. Tell you what else...kap is pizzing off boldin by his inability to find #81. If boldin comes back here next yr, I will be amazed. Kap has just missed him time after time, many times open and in the endzone.
Is Roman still with us? Just checking in...
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Wow, dhp, just wow.

Phoenix, if you really believe kap consistently throws the ball well downfield, then I have to wonder if we were watching the same game...you know, the ones with the gold helmets and 49ers on the side.? Kap throws downfield with wild abandon...occasionally one prayer gets answered. But please don't tell me he throws a consistent 20 yd pass well....because he doesn't . He sure throws a lot of downfield passes tho....just not completions. Also blame that on roman and crappy routes by receivers...as well as Kap's newfound "hold onto the ball and don't throw it" routine, which just makes me sick. Tell you what else...kap is pizzing off boldin by his inability to find #81. If boldin comes back here next yr, I will be amazed. Kap has just missed him time after time, many times open and in the endzone.

Rare that I see a post with soo much fail.
I honestly don't see how he's not fired by the end of the year. If we don't make the playoffs, this f**ker better be gone!!!!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This f**ker fired yet??? Just got home from work and was praying this POS was gone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
This f**ker fired yet??? Just got home from work and was praying this POS was gone.

he should have been fired after the ten pm news on the night of the super bowl but thats a whole other story
Did you know that 5 years ago Greg Roman was a high school coach? 5 years ago he was coaching HS and now he is the guy calling plays for a team trying to win a Super Bowl? LMAO.
What's Pat Shurmur doing?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
wonder where that guy was yesterday who told me i had no right to be critical of the offense until the season is over.
oh s**t! the patriots decided to quick pass to counteract the pass rush

throw screens to counteract the pass rush

and throw quick passes to counteract the pass rush and take advantage of the panthers secondary

WHO WOULD'VE THOUGH THAT WAS POSSIBLE
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

and throw quick passes to counteract the pass rush and take advantage of the panthers secondary

watching other teams pretty much opens up a whole new world of football to us niner fans. the possibilities are endless.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by denali22:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

watching other teams pretty much opens up a whole new world of football to us niner fans. the possibilities are endless.
even the most extreme roman bathwater drinkers have got to be saying,, "how come we can not do that"