LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Well, Ted Ginn just caught a probable game winning TD with 58 seconds left! Lol
poetic justice,, i halfway thought williams was going to take one back last night to win the game,,, i am glad we got rid of kyle but its not good that we are seeing some of these guys we got rid of do well with another team. another shovel on romans heap in my opinion
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by cciowa:
if you want to get technical about it, i was all for firing him after the two rams games last year,, that is when i saw this guy is seriously over valued by the web zone, the super bowl cinched in my opinion and well we see what has happened in our losses this year.. and of course JH is a f**king enabler because he lets it happen

the same problems rear their heads and people just shift the blame from qb to qb.

what did they say about alex?
he only throws it to vd or checks down never looks for anyone else
can't throw deep
has horrible time management and we burn timeouts

what are they saying about kap?
he only throws to vd or boldin never looks for anyone else
isn't accurate
has horrible time management and we burn timeouts

at what point are they going to make the connection that it isn't the qb its the coordinator.

have people questioning Kap's intelligence and not the coordinator who can't get gore hunter james boldin baldwin manningham davis and macdonald involved

any coordinator worth anything could make that offense hum like a machine and probably produce one of the most potent offenses in the nfl right?

not this guy though
and apparently its all because of kap
and not because of the coach who is controlling every single movement he makes.

Don't you get tired of saying the same thing over and over again? Who are you guys trying to convince? Just curious?
Double post
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Nov 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
What's Pat Shurmur doing?

Eagles. :( Was hoping we'd of won the Superbowl so Roman would get a job elsewhere, and we'd be able to nab him. He's one of the brightest young minds in football today, and knows how to take care of a young QB (proved it during his stint with Bradford, and now Foles).

He has never had an offense ranked better then #25 before this year and i'm pretty sure he isn't calling the plays with the Eagles, but yeah he is totally awesome!
Take away Roman's gimmicks, he's a high school or college level OC trying to operate a professional offense and failing miserably to adapt and adjust in the NFL. He's especially getting exposed this year for what he really is.

I was hoping someone would take him off our hands after this season but any offers he might have gotten next off season should be down the drain; any team that would even consider him for a HC position at this point would be foolish and desperate.

If we're going to get rid of him, Harbaugh has to make that move. And it will be very interesting to see how Harbs handles this. If Harbaugh doesn't fire Roman that tells me that he is just as clueless or that protecting his buddies comes over the team. Either way, not a good look coach. And if we miss the playoffs, that should be Roman's head and at that point, I'm hoping Baalke and Jed intervene.

Just think how much better we would be if we had a real NFL OC that actually is innovative, creative, and would utilize our talent instead of waste it?
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's good at tearing up twinkies and donuts!
this thread title needs to be updated to greg roman, is he decent?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
^^ Or Greg Roman, should he be coaching in the NFL?
I agree Roman struggles with play calling and has no scheme to his offense. Roman's idea of creating is based at the line of scrimmage by putting men in motion. That doesn't work it puts our offense behind in the play clock. We need route combinations and less with the men in motion. I hope we don't put to much pressure on Crab and Kaep to produce for the lack of ingenuity on offense from Roman.
Originally posted by LVJay:

Greg Roman, is he employable?

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Don't you get tired of saying the same thing over and over again? Who are you guys trying to convince? Just curious?

do they get tired of losing the same exact way over and over? that's the more pressing issue.

im not trying to convince anyone im just voicing my opinion that's all i adapt as things change. they haven't so there's nothing else to really say in a thread asking if greg roman is good lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:

Greg Roman, is he employable?

LOL right
Play calling has become so predictable their is NO creativity once or ever its awful to watch

he's been exposed!!!
Share 49ersWebzone