There are 179 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by sfout:
1st and 10 with 2:06 left. Everyone in the world knows that you should run it right up the gut and force them to use their final timeout or hold on to it if we were fortunate enough to get a 10 yard gainer and get to the 2 minute warning. Yet Roman calls a 5 step or 7 step drop and we get sacked for 10 yard loss and they use their timeout we then proceed to call a bizarre sequence of plays that results in a punt with basically a full 2 minutes on the clock for Brees....

God Roman is terrible at situational football and after reading that post from last week about our predictable offense and tells I started calling out pass play left/right or run play left/right and I was never wrong once. If a casually fan can do this from his couch just imagine what coordinators and players on the field do with a full week of preparation..........


i have absolutely no faith in him

the defense really should just not talk to the offense.

they held drew brees to peanuts. got 3 turnovers officially almost 4 and still lost the game because of the offense and because of the offensive coaching.

2 horrible challenges

i mean its all the offensive side of the ball its the weak link he needs to fire roman

in fact someone needs to start a fire roman website
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,835
Can't wait to hear Marvin defend him. Why did they keep running against 8 man fronts. This loss will force Harbaugh to assess his offensive coaching staff with better scrutiny. No more excuses that players are out and coming back soon.
Pfffaaahahahahahhhhaahahahah -


Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN25m
Jim Harbaugh said he talked to Eric Mangini on the headsets before the two first-half challenges.

It's so ridiculous it's funny.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,835
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If it wasn't Sunday and early work Monday I get super drunk.

If I was not working Id also get drunk.
Roman will be let go at the end of the year, if he's not fired before then.

It's really bad when a guy sitting at home with a beer can call out the play with about an 80-90% success rate. Do you think an NFL defense will have a higher success rate diagnosing what the play call is? I sure do.

I will say I think Kaep can be a good QB with the right weapons around him. At this point, I think he's Matt Ryan-esque. He needs ballers around him to be successful because he is either not as good as we think or he needs to develop more. In any case, Roman is not putting this offense in a position to be successful and win games and that is completely on him.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,835
Originally posted by 5280High:
After this game, I don't see how Harbaugh can keep Roman on this staff, he needs to follow his older brothers lead and cut ties with Roman. Idiotic play call after idiotic play call.... Takin our smallest RB and sending him up the middle, multiple play actions with only one f*cking receiver going into a route against 4 defensive backs. Our offense is playing checkers while defenses are playing chess against us. Absolutely pathetic. Kap looks like sh*t and about 80% of it is purely from the coaches asking him to make plays within a horrible offensive playcall. If Harbaugh doesn't make a change soon we can go ahead and just phone in the rest of the season. It's not like we are gonna score on a consistent basis against any quality defense or be able to keep pace with a quality offense... Its bush league and unacceptable.

We may win 11 games but with this lack of passing game against good teams an early exit from the Play Offs is very possible
Right, it's the whole gadget pay mentality as a means toward winning football. It's so weak. Rather than scheme a 5-7m yard play that has a high probability of success, we use gadget b******t to win yards. It hack. It's amateur. It's not pro. I can't figure it all now, but when I do I will post. We need a significan change.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,835
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Roman will be let go at the end of the year, if he's not fired before then.

It's really bad when a guy sitting at home with a beer can call out the play with about an 80-90% success rate. Do you think an NFL defense will have a higher success rate diagnosing what the play call is? I sure do.

I will say I think Kaep can be a good QB with the right weapons around him. At this point, I think he's Matt Ryan-esque. He needs ballers around him to be successful because he is either not as good as we think or he needs to develop more. In any case, Roman is not putting this offense in a position to be successful and win games and that is completely on him.
My wife who does not understand a lot about football is starting to understand pass then run or run then pass on early downs which is Roman style.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Roman will be let go at the end of the year, if he's not fired before then.

It's really bad when a guy sitting at home with a beer can call out the play with about an 80-90% success rate. Do you think an NFL defense will have a higher success rate diagnosing what the play call is? I sure do.

I will say I think Kaep can be a good QB with the right weapons around him. At this point, I think he's Matt Ryan-esque. He needs ballers around him to be successful because he is either not as good as we think or he needs to develop more. In any case, Roman is not putting this offense in a position to be successful and win games and that is completely on him.

every single loss has been on him

every single one.
Response to post 919. I am working and I am hammered.
Originally posted by GORO:
Originally posted by 5280High:
After this game, I don't see how Harbaugh can keep Roman on this staff, he needs to follow his older brothers lead and cut ties with Roman. Idiotic play call after idiotic play call.... Takin our smallest RB and sending him up the middle, multiple play actions with only one f*cking receiver going into a route against 4 defensive backs. Our offense is playing checkers while defenses are playing chess against us. Absolutely pathetic. Kap looks like sh*t and about 80% of it is purely from the coaches asking him to make plays within a horrible offensive playcall. If Harbaugh doesn't make a change soon we can go ahead and just phone in the rest of the season. It's not like we are gonna score on a consistent basis against any quality defense or be able to keep pace with a quality offense... Its bush league and unacceptable.

We may win 11 games but with this lack of passing game against good teams an early exit from the Play Offs is very possible

And it's only because we're talented that we will win those 11. Wow could you imagine what this team could be if let's say Sean Payton - hell I'll even take Andy Reid as the coach.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Right, it's the whole gadget pay mentality as a means toward winning football. It's so weak. Rather than scheme a 5-7m yard play that has a high probability of success, we use gadget b******t to win yards. It hack. It's amateur. It's not pro. I can't figure it all now, but when I do I will post. We need a significan change.

and always on 1st down. the best down to lose 5 yards

have to love this guy being allowed to ruin an nfl team by himself
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,835
Originally posted by pdizo916:
We would have six if our DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS showed up. The offense carried us the end of last year, not that defense.




However, we do need a change at OC. Roman needs to go

True but our offense has regressed and Roman whom was being called innovative in the running game is now showing that he cannot call passing plays that will beat teams that stop the running game.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
And it's only because we're talented that we will win those 11. Wow could you imagine what this team could be if let's say Sean Payton - hell I'll even take Andy Reid as the coach.

don't even need a new head coach
just someone else calling the offense. anyone including jim can do a better job
he is risking losing the team completely
2 losses by a combined 4 points, this is what bad teams do, not teams who aspire to go to the super bowl

6-4 tied with arizona when we should be 9-1
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Right, it's the whole gadget pay mentality as a means toward winning football. It's so weak. Rather than scheme a 5-7m yard play that has a high probability of success, we use gadget b******t to win yards. It hack. It's amateur. It's not pro. I can't figure it all now, but when I do I will post. We need a significan change.

This, like that running play where they had 3 guys circling around like a Merry-Go-Round, defenses are completely ignoring that s**t now, take that college b******t back to the NCAA.