LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Bill Walsh is rolling over in his grave right now.
Word association. Quick: I saw First down...you tell me what we'll run.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Bill Walsh is rolling over in his grave right now.

He was rolling after that Ed Reed pick and fade route in the super bowl.
1st down gadget plays guaranteed to get us behind the chains is always great does it 2 games in a row

i can't even blame the players for this.
can't do it.
not when this dude is calling the game and late in getting the calls in the same s**t that he's been doing since the beginning

lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
1st and 10 with 2:06 left. Everyone in the world knows that you should run it right up the gut and force them to use their final timeout or hold on to it if we were fortunate enough to get a 10 yard gainer and get to the 2 minute warning. Yet Roman calls a 5 step or 7 step drop and we get sacked for 10 yard loss and they use their timeout we then proceed to call a bizarre sequence of plays that results in a punt with basically a full 2 minutes on the clock for Brees....

God Roman is terrible at situational football and after reading that post from last week about our predictable offense and tells I started calling out pass play left/right or run play left/right and I was never wrong once. If a casually fan can do this from his couch just imagine what coordinators and players on the field do with a full week of preparation..........
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Word association. Quick: I saw First down...you tell me what we'll run.

Run right off tackle usually behind Boone with Miller as FB.

Teams are cheating by loading up the box and following where Miller is going, there's no real mystery to it, the 49ers have shown that they can't/won't adjust to what a defense is doing, thereby making the defense's jobs far easier than they might be otherwise.
A decent offensive coordinator would have taken this game to overtime. No, take that back, a better o-coordinator would have won this game by putting 7 on the board rather than 3.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I usually can't stand Grant, but this article is so on the money.....

You know things are pretty bad when Grant Cohn is calling a better offense than the 49ers coaches. Egads.
Originally posted by sfout:
1st and 10 with 2:06 left. Everyone in the world knows that you should run it right up the gut and force them to use their final timeout or hold on to it if we were fortunate enough to get a 10 yard gainer and get to the 2 minute warning. Yet Roman calls a 5 step or 7 step drop and we get sacked for 10 yard loss and they use their timeout we then proceed to call a bizarre sequence of plays that results in a punt with basically a full 2 minutes on the clock for Brees....

God Roman is terrible at situational football and after reading that post from last week about our predictable offense and tells I started calling out pass play left/right or run play left/right and I was never wrong once. If a casually fan can do this from his couch just imagine what coordinators and players on the field do with a full week of preparation..........

i have absolutely no faith in him

the defense really should just not talk to the offense.

they held drew brees to peanuts. got 3 turnovers officially almost 4 and still lost the game because of the offense and because of the offensive coaching.

2 horrible challenges

i mean its all the offensive side of the ball its the weak link he needs to fire roman

in fact someone needs to start a fire roman website
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Can't wait to hear Marvin defend him. Why did they keep running against 8 man fronts. This loss will force Harbaugh to assess his offensive coaching staff with better scrutiny. No more excuses that players are out and coming back soon.

• GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
If it wasn't Sunday and early work Monday I get super drunk.

If I was not working Id also get drunk.
Roman will be let go at the end of the year, if he's not fired before then.

It's really bad when a guy sitting at home with a beer can call out the play with about an 80-90% success rate. Do you think an NFL defense will have a higher success rate diagnosing what the play call is? I sure do.

I will say I think Kaep can be a good QB with the right weapons around him. At this point, I think he's Matt Ryan-esque. He needs ballers around him to be successful because he is either not as good as we think or he needs to develop more. In any case, Roman is not putting this offense in a position to be successful and win games and that is completely on him.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
After this game, I don't see how Harbaugh can keep Roman on this staff, he needs to follow his older brothers lead and cut ties with Roman. Idiotic play call after idiotic play call.... Takin our smallest RB and sending him up the middle, multiple play actions with only one f*cking receiver going into a route against 4 defensive backs. Our offense is playing checkers while defenses are playing chess against us. Absolutely pathetic. Kap looks like sh*t and about 80% of it is purely from the coaches asking him to make plays within a horrible offensive playcall. If Harbaugh doesn't make a change soon we can go ahead and just phone in the rest of the season. It's not like we are gonna score on a consistent basis against any quality defense or be able to keep pace with a quality offense... Its bush league and unacceptable.

We may win 11 games but with this lack of passing game against good teams an early exit from the Play Offs is very possible
Right, it's the whole gadget pay mentality as a means toward winning football. It's so weak. Rather than scheme a 5-7m yard play that has a high probability of success, we use gadget b******t to win yards. It hack. It's amateur. It's not pro. I can't figure it all now, but when I do I will post. We need a significan change.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
Roman will be let go at the end of the year, if he's not fired before then.

It's really bad when a guy sitting at home with a beer can call out the play with about an 80-90% success rate. Do you think an NFL defense will have a higher success rate diagnosing what the play call is? I sure do.

I will say I think Kaep can be a good QB with the right weapons around him. At this point, I think he's Matt Ryan-esque. He needs ballers around him to be successful because he is either not as good as we think or he needs to develop more. In any case, Roman is not putting this offense in a position to be successful and win games and that is completely on him.
My wife who does not understand a lot about football is starting to understand pass then run or run then pass on early downs which is Roman style.
Share 49ersWebzone