There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,579
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
60 pages and after last sundays fiasco, it is still a question being asked

Just curious but how do you know Kaepernick is not killing called run plays at the line of scrimmage? I'm disappointed with Roman too but I can't put all the blame on him because I don't know what calls are being made at the line.
CK is not responsible for non calls like lets not go for it on fourth and short from the one if your theory is right and ck is killing plays at the line of scrimmage we would have heard about it by now. huge things like that do no really stay in house .. and if that is happening then damn JH and roman for letting the inmates run the asylum
Originally posted by cciowa:
CK is not responsible for non calls like lets not go for it on fourth and short from the one if your theory is right and ck is killing plays at the line of scrimmage we would have heard about it by now. huge things like that do no really stay in house .. and if that is happening then damn JH and roman for letting the inmates run the asylum



He certainly has the authority. He kills plays at the line all the time. Its been documented that Kap goes with multiple plays at the line of scrimmage. And if he killed a run play in the final seconds of the Superbowl you really think Roman and Harbaugh would come out and say that he did? You're crazy. They're not going to throw him under the bus so I don't know what you're referring to and I don't think your inmates running the asylum analogy is a very good one. They are professional athletes and good ones.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,579
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
CK is not responsible for non calls like lets not go for it on fourth and short from the one if your theory is right and ck is killing plays at the line of scrimmage we would have heard about it by now. huge things like that do no really stay in house .. and if that is happening then damn JH and roman for letting the inmates run the asylum



He certainly has the authority. He kills plays at the line all the time. Its been documented that Kap goes with multiple plays at the line of scrimmage. And if he killed a run play in the final seconds of the Superbowl you really think Roman and Harbaugh would come out and say that he did? You're crazy. They're not going to throw him under the bus so I don't know what you're referring to and I don't think your inmates running the asylum analogy is a very good one. They are professional athletes and good ones.
the team was horrid on offense sunday and lost 10-9. if the reason why we lost is because CK killed all of romans awesome plays, it would have come out by now. they are pro players and good players. they just do not play well nor are the coached well when they play a team with a winning record this year..
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Damn! I don't typically like the Cohn's, mainly Lowell, but Grant is coming out throwing haymakers! Can't disagree with any of it.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/11/inside-the-49ers/time-to-mobilize-the-qb/


Big time Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it takes a chisel and hammer to break Harbaugh/Roman's stubbornness I say hammer away. Grant makes some excellent points. Simply stated we need to roll CK out of the pocket. Duh!
Yes! He's really really good!!



.......at SUCKING!!
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Damn! I don't typically like the Cohn's, mainly Lowell, but Grant is coming out throwing haymakers! Can't disagree with any of it.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/11/inside-the-49ers/time-to-mobilize-the-qb/


Big time Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it takes a chisel and hammer to break Harbaugh/Roman's stubbornness I say hammer away. Grant makes some excellent points. Simply stated we need to roll CK out of the pocket. Duh!

Being an SC alum, it's eerie how similar Roman's stubbornness in game planning and game calling is to Lane Kiffin's. I constantly feel as if the defense knows what's coming and our OC response is to correct the tendency is "execution". Which is very Kiffin esc.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
60 pages and after last sundays fiasco, it is still a question being asked

Just curious but how do you know Kaepernick is not killing called run plays at the line of scrimmage? I'm disappointed with Roman too but I can't put all the blame on him because I don't know what calls are being made at the line.
CK is not responsible for non calls like lets not go for it on fourth and short from the one if your theory is right and ck is killing plays at the line of scrimmage we would have heard about it by now. huge things like that do no really stay in house .. and if that is happening then damn JH and roman for letting the inmates run the asylum
It was reported that Staley got angry with Kap over a kill call last week.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
We have the lamest formations in all of football.. We rarely ever run 3 Wr's unless we're flexing a fullback out there.. We suck.

When you're looking at guys like Kyle Williams and Marlon Moore as the 2 and 3 WRs, it makes a bit more sense to not have a lot of 3-WR formations. I guarantee you had we had a healthy Crab and Ham all year, we'd have seen plenty.
Originally posted by jreff22:
It was reported that Staley got angry with Kap over a kill call last week.

Uh, who reported that? Link?
After this game, I don't see how Harbaugh can keep Roman on this staff, he needs to follow his older brothers lead and cut ties with Roman. Idiotic play call after idiotic play call.... Takin our smallest RB and sending him up the middle, multiple play actions with only one f*cking receiver going into a route against 4 defensive backs. Our offense is playing checkers while defenses are playing chess against us. Absolutely pathetic. Kap looks like sh*t and about 80% of it is purely from the coaches asking him to make plays within a horrible offensive playcall. If Harbaugh doesn't make a change soon we can go ahead and just phone in the rest of the season. It's not like we are gonna score on a consistent basis against any quality defense or be able to keep pace with a quality offense... Its bush league and unacceptable.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by cciowa:
60 pages and after last sundays fiasco, it is still a question being asked

Just curious but how do you know Kaepernick is not killing called run plays at the line of scrimmage? I'm disappointed with Roman too but I can't put all the blame on him because I don't know what calls are being made at the line.
CK is not responsible for non calls like lets not go for it on fourth and short from the one if your theory is right and ck is killing plays at the line of scrimmage we would have heard about it by now. huge things like that do no really stay in house .. and if that is happening then damn JH and roman for letting the inmates run the asylum
It was reported that Staley got angry with Kap over a kill call last week.


Originally posted by jreff22:
It was reported that Staley got angry with Kap over a kill call last week.

Reported where?

Link
this week is worse. we are in a position to win and his play calling is costing us the game.
that was the worst drive in the history of the 49ers. Gutless.
Guy is possessed by the ghost of Jimmy Rae
fvkingsuxors