LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Yep. Look at Belichick. The Patriots have not won a Super Bowl in a long time but that offense is always innovative, and always has them in the conversation. For a team to remain as consistently successful as they have over the years, that says a lot. Since Brees and Payton got to New Orleans, they have been the same way.

I just wish the offense were half as good as the defense. We would have 6 already.

We would have six if our DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS showed up. The offense carried us the end of last year, not that defense.

However, we do need a change at OC. Roman needs to go

I can mostly agree with that. The defense played well throughout the playoffs considering they had no pass rush against three QBs playing elite football. It was a very strange postseason for this team. The only game where they played solid for 60 minutes was GB.

The first half of every one of their games, the defense gave up easy scores, but in the second half, they were pretty awesome. Green Bay had 10 in the second half. Atlanta had zero second half points. The defense only gave up 6 in the second half of the Super Bowl. Special teams did give up that opening kick return, and without that, the Niners probably win the game

Usually in the postseason, there is one team that stands out and finds ways to win against the odds. Between the Niners and Ravens, there were two teams like that last year, and the Niners were the one that came out on the losing end unfortunately.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
as much as he needed to be fired after the super bowl last year,roman will not be fired this year because JH protects him. Jh is just as much to blame as anyone because he lets roman go down retard road and it does not seem to bother him that we had two weeks to prepare for last sunday and we were a utter failure and disgrace on offense at home. It does not seem to bother JH we can not beat good teams and we get outcoached every time we play a team with a winning record. it does not seem to bother roman and JH so why should it bother us? if it f**king bothered them, they would do something about it. the fact that the same damn things keep contributing to our losses to good team tells me, they are either unable or unwilling to fix the problems. says alot does it not?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Okay, I've turned. Not a big fan of Roman any longer. I think he could get way more out of the personnel he has.

where were you after the super bowl bud?
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Yep. Look at Belichick. The Patriots have not won a Super Bowl in a long time but that offense is always innovative, and always has them in the conversation. For a team to remain as consistently successful as they have over the years, that says a lot. Since Brees and Payton got to New Orleans, they have been the same way.

I just wish the offense were half as good as the defense. We would have 6 already.

We would have six if our DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS showed up. The offense carried us the end of last year, not that defense.

However, we do need a change at OC. Roman needs to go

What viable options are there for a mid-season switch?

Mangini?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
now we now why he aint getting no HC jobs.
Is it me or can you not help butt not laugh every time you see this thread title, "Greg Roman, is he really good?"
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
as much as he needed to be fired after the super bowl last year,roman will not be fired this year because JH protects him. Jh is just as much to blame as anyone because he lets roman go down retard road and it does not seem to bother him that we had two weeks to prepare for last sunday and we were a utter failure and disgrace on offense at home. It does not seem to bother JH we can not beat good teams and we get outcoached every time we play a team with a winning record. it does not seem to bother roman and JH so why should it bother us? if it f**king bothered them, they would do something about it. the fact that the same damn things keep contributing to our losses to good team tells me, they are either unable or unwilling to fix the problems. says alot does it not?

Do you think that both Harbaugh and Roman should be fired?

If both are equally to blame, firing both would make sense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Is it me or can you not help butt not laugh every time you see this thread title, "Greg Roman, is he really good?"

60 pages and after last sundays fiasco, it is still a question being asked
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

Do you think that both Harbaugh and Roman should be fired?

If both are equally to blame, firing both would make sense.
roman should go and should have went right after the super bowl ended last year. I like JH as our coach but it is a fact that JH just lets roman go and never steps in when things go south. if we come out sunday and lay another egg on offense vs another team with a good record, JH should step in and make a change. A head coach leads, he does not let the inmates run the asylum. I will say JH sounded like a idiot when he answered a question from the media this week with "well thats a good question".. what kind of leadership is that? it shows impotence and it shows he has not got a f**king idea how to fix our offense.

Just curious but how do you know Kaepernick is not killing called run plays at the line of scrimmage? I'm disappointed with Roman too but I can't put all the blame on him because I don't know what calls are being made at the line.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
now we now why he aint getting no HC jobs.

thats because teams saw how he went into a fetal position on second and goal from the five yard line on the biggest stage in the world. would you want that kind of a guy on our team??
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Just curious but how do you know Kaepernick is not killing called run plays at the line of scrimmage? I'm disappointed with Roman too but I can't put all the blame on him because I don't know what calls are being made at the line.
CK is not responsible for non calls like lets not go for it on fourth and short from the one if your theory is right and ck is killing plays at the line of scrimmage we would have heard about it by now. huge things like that do no really stay in house .. and if that is happening then damn JH and roman for letting the inmates run the asylum
CK is not responsible for non calls like lets not go for it on fourth and short from the one if your theory is right and ck is killing plays at the line of scrimmage we would have heard about it by now. huge things like that do no really stay in house .. and if that is happening then damn JH and roman for letting the inmates run the asylum

He certainly has the authority. He kills plays at the line all the time. Its been documented that Kap goes with multiple plays at the line of scrimmage. And if he killed a run play in the final seconds of the Superbowl you really think Roman and Harbaugh would come out and say that he did? You're crazy. They're not going to throw him under the bus so I don't know what you're referring to and I don't think your inmates running the asylum analogy is a very good one. They are professional athletes and good ones.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

He certainly has the authority. He kills plays at the line all the time. Its been documented that Kap goes with multiple plays at the line of scrimmage. And if he killed a run play in the final seconds of the Superbowl you really think Roman and Harbaugh would come out and say that he did? You're crazy. They're not going to throw him under the bus so I don't know what you're referring to and I don't think your inmates running the asylum analogy is a very good one. They are professional athletes and good ones.
the team was horrid on offense sunday and lost 10-9. if the reason why we lost is because CK killed all of romans awesome plays, it would have come out by now. they are pro players and good players. they just do not play well nor are the coached well when they play a team with a winning record this year..
Damn! I don't typically like the Cohn's, mainly Lowell, but Grant is coming out throwing haymakers! Can't disagree with any of it.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/11/inside-the-49ers/time-to-mobilize-the-qb/

Big time Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it takes a chisel and hammer to break Harbaugh/Roman's stubbornness I say hammer away. Grant makes some excellent points. Simply stated we need to roll CK out of the pocket. Duh!
Share 49ersWebzone