LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 434 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
now we'll see if it was kyle williams or greg roman once kyle williams gets picked up
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
now we'll see if it was kyle williams or greg roman once kyle williams gets picked up

I think Roman used the lack of recievers as a scape goat for the play calling or lack thereof this season. If teams like NE, NO, GB, and DEN can do it why cant we do it? Yes they have elite quarterbacks however they play to the strength of their personel. Seattle does it with Wilson up until last week his stats were very similar to Kaeps and lets face it Golden Tate and Sydney Rice arent in the upper echelon of WRs but they make it work they find ways to win. I swear this guy Roman runs a pre scripted offense with no creativity or adjustments. So no it wont surprise me if KW goes somewhere else and produces the same with LMJ if they wait to utilize him and let him walk. SMH Harbaugh has to be held accountable for this and he must make the proper adjustments.
If Roman isn't that good I don't know I keep hearing that he could land a HC job in the near future.
Roman just doesn't seem as innovative as he was in 2011. I feel like the whole coaching staff isn't trying as hard, hoping the quality players we have can win it for them.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
If Roman isn't that good I don't know I keep hearing that he could land a HC job in the near future.

that's 2 years now and nobody has signed him for a reason eh?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
seeing Bruce Miller lined up as WR
Originally posted by susweel:
seeing Bruce Miller lined up as WR

The botton line is, if Jim doesn't do a John (have the balls to fire his OC during a critical stage of the season), we may not even make the playoffs. And I'm not joking.

As to WHO Baalke should hire, I can assure you, he's got his list and he's checking it twice. When a GM puts THAT much talent on a team and during a time that should be OUR time, I don't think he is going to mess around anymore here...the pattern is vitally clear.
Thanks, NC, I have said likewise in other threads. Hey, JH can fire his Qb who played great last yr in midseason, he can fire his OC who is calling crap for plays midseason this yr. Meantime, he can call his own dam plays. The really sad part about all this is , If roman were to just leave much of this would just be fixed by nature. Roman is killing this team....worse, Jh is covering for him. Bad move, Coach. We got the talent. We have a really substandard OC who is NOT getting the job done, for a team, with talent galore which should be going to SB. With roman, it just won't happen.
run game is fine....who the hell is in charge of the passing attack and its overall incorporation/development into the O as a whole.

damn bear players turned coaches are some stubborn m*f*s

that's it jim needs to just take the s**t over.
forget feelings.
just take it from him. we haven't gotten better since he's been here. 2011 we could run but not pass imaginatively and had trouble punching it in the red zone when it matters
2013 what are our problems?
lol
Now that they released Williams and have shown some confidence in LMJ, I hope to God he breaks off some highlight reel punts to show them that he needs to be incorporated to the offense, and used in space.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The botton line is, if Jim doesn't do a John (have the balls to fire his OC during a critical stage of the season), we may not even make the playoffs. And I'm not joking.

As to WHO Baalke should hire, I can assure you, he's got his list and he's checking it twice. When a GM puts THAT much talent on a team and during a time that should be OUR time, I don't think he is going to mess around anymore here...the pattern is vitally clear.

There's a difference between Jim and John in that John is not really involved in the offensive game planning or the general offensive philosophy of the team. John is more of a team manager as a head coach and leaves the playcalling and game planning completely to his coordinators. So if the offense was performing poorly, as the team manager, he felt he had to replace his OC. On the other hand, Jim is the one who sets the 49ers offensive philosophy and is involved in both game planning and play calls during the game. All offensive plays called have to go through Jim. Roman is essentially running Jim Harbaugh's offense.
In that game alone I felt like LMJ got more yards than KW got this entire season
Originally posted by NCommand:

Ken Zampese of the Bengals or Chad O'Shea of the Patriots, make it happen Baalke.
Share 49ersWebzone