There are 193 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
The excuses made to remove the coaches from blame is unbelievable. It is a flat out lie to say Kap can't make multiple reads considering that it has never been a weakness for him at any point in his career. Right now, I think it's more of a trust issue with the rest of the receivers that are not Boldin or VD. He needs to trust his receivers more to make the play. But to say he cannot progress through reads is not true.

Kap has played poorly at times but do not for one second excuse the coaches from blame - they have been just as poor and deserve just as much blame if not more, Roman in particular. Take away his bag of tricks and gimmicks, he is thoroughly mediocre. Challenge him, he'll shrink and wet the bed. Third time this season we've faced a legit play off team and he's unprepared, his play calling is poor, and has designed a terrible game plans; his inability to make adjustments is f**king frustrating. I'm not sure who designs the passing plays but whoever is doing it does a piss poor job - I've seen better, more imaginative and creative passing attacking in college than this trash passing game we've been unfortunately witnessing. f**king pathetic.
neon, sad to say,, has said nothing wrong here. 3 times , same results, same problems, no solving them because they do not know how to solve them and they do not know how to use their people.. you can take it back to the super bowl, hell you can take it back to the two rams losses last year if you want. as neon said,, when the niners get challenged roman s**ts the bed and JH just lets him s**t it
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
not a lot roman and harbaugh can do when kap can't make multiple reads

The excuses made to remove the coaches from blame is unbelievable. It is a flat out lie to say Kap can't make multiple reads considering that it has never been a weakness for him at any point in his career. Right now, I think it's more of a trust issue with the rest of the receivers that are not Boldin or VD. He needs to trust his receivers more to make the play. But to say he cannot progress through reads is not true.

Kap has played poorly at times but do not for one second excuse the coaches from blame - they have been just as poor and deserve just as much blame if not more, Roman in particular. Take away his bag of tricks and gimmicks, he is thoroughly mediocre. Challenge him, he'll shrink and wet the bed. Third time this season we've faced a legit play off team and he's unprepared, poor play calling, with a terrible game plan and his inability to adjust is f**king frustrating. I'm not sure who designs the passing plays but whoever is doing it does a piss poor job - I've seen better, more imaginative and creative passing attacking college than this trash passing game we're unfortunately witnessing. f**king pathetic.

I know I've mentioned it a few times tonight but can't remember if I did in this thread.

Harbaugh was asked today why they don't use screens. His response was "that is a great point. Point taken"

He was later asked why they don't run bootlegs or more plays with movement to counter strong pass rushes and he basically said "it's frustrating for everyone involved".

He said a lot more but to me it sounded like a coach accepting blame or at least understanding that it is a problem. Hopefully they do something about it going forward. It is ludicrous to use backs in the passing game once or twice in a game if your receivers are blanketed.

At very minimum the backs running routes will force backers to either cover them or Kap scrambles.

It's just asinine to blame only the QB. Good coaches find ways to get players in the right position to make plays.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Nov 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
And as I am commenting in this thread I am watching two terrible teams on MNF finding ways to get no-name players involved. These offenses look like they have much more flow than the niner offense.

We don't even seem to give guys a chance or at least get something out of them; we have insanely talented players like LMJ sitting on the bench or with limited roles, have no idea how to use them to be effective on offense. Just pathetic man.
Originally posted by cciowa:
not going for it on fourth and one from the two when you supposedly have the best run blocking game in the nfl is on execution??. sorry you can spin it but when we lose games and get out coached that has nothing to do with execution, the dots connect and the roads lead to roman who is happily enabled by JH. to fire roman would mean Jh made a mistake and we just can not have that now can we?

That was the waving the white flag moment to me. If you talk about your team being physical and how you're going to build a bully and the pride and joy of your team is the running offense, backing down there was basically akin to throwing in the towel, what message does that send to the rest of the team?
And as I am commenting in this thread I am watching two terrible teams on MNF finding ways to get no-name players involved. These offenses look like they have much more flow than the niner offense.

We don't even seem to give guys a chance or at least get something out of them; we have insanely talented players like LMJ sitting on the bench or with limited roles, have no idea how to use them to be effective on offense. Just pathetic man.

I would love to see what guys like McCarthy, Kubiak, and Belichick could get out of some of our players. Part of that is the experience of the QB but the other part is giving players opportunities.

Outside of the big name guys on our team Kyle Williams is the only guy who got chance after chance to play.

EXACTLY
but its so easy to just put it on kap

when the dude can't even get hunter involved can't even get lmj involved can't get macdonald involved can only get gore a run can only get boldin a pass and can only get vd deep that is the depth of his coaching abilities.

why waste baalke's time stockpiling talent?

we could have used a 3 headed rushes and passing game to go with tight end play and boldin play to hold us over until manningham and crab came back that could have easily been done.

but no

he just doesn't even know how to do it
I would love to see what guys like McCarthy, Kubiak, and Belichick could get out of some of our players. Part of that is the experience of the QB but the other part is giving players opportunities.

Outside of the big name guys on our team Kyle Williams is the only guy who got chance after chance to play.

exactly people are defending a coaching staff who trotted kyle williams out there as the starter for 8 games.
who hasn't shown he was capable of ANYTHING

for 8 games...

arrogance stubborn stupidity
not going for it on fourth and one from the two when you supposedly have the best run blocking game in the nfl is on execution??. sorry you can spin it but when we lose games and get out coached that has nothing to do with execution, the dots connect and the roads lead to roman who is happily enabled by JH. to fire roman would mean Jh made a mistake and we just can not have that now can we?

exactly if it were the jaguars he wouldn't have hesitated but HE got scared against the jags not our players and he sent the message to the line. a horrible one to the line and gore. that was an easy convert and then a touchdown and that's ballgame. but in true conservative fashion he doesn't do it
Blame goes in this order, IMO.
Harbaugh
Roman
Chryst
Kap
OLs
OL coaches
WRs
Vance

No, that was a horrid decision that I hated then and now. The rest still stands though.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Blame goes in this order, IMO.
Harbaugh
Roman
Chryst
Kap
OLs
OL coaches
WRs
Vance

agree
Also agreed. But i would put Jh and roman on line 1 and kap on line 2.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

exactly people are defending a coaching staff who trotted kyle williams out there as the starter for 8 games.
who hasn't shown he was capable of ANYTHING

for 8 games...

arrogance stubborn stupidity

If I ever hear Harbaugh use the phrase "stubborn as a mule" in reference to ANYONE but HIMSELF, I will be disgusted and pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gurantee once LMJ leaves the team he will break out, I'm just at lost of words how the f**k we haven't used him in a sproles type of way and Reggie bush way when he was in NO. Use him in the screen game and put him in a position to go against lbs. Sometimes I swear this coaching staff is dumb, and I thought Nolan and singletary were stubborn but harbaugh and roman are right up there. What the hell was the point of taking James with a 2nd round pick? Just because he owned harbaugh when he was at Stanford? For f**ks sake put those players in a position to succeed, hate the fact we have a tall ass wr in Baldwin and we do use him in the redzone or even McDonald who gets 1 pass thrown to him per game if lucky. Boldin in week one killed the packers with quick routes and run after the catch and now we have him running routes as if he's desean Jackson. Roman disgusts me and harbaugh shouldn't get a pass for letting roman call bs like that.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Send Vance/LMJ/Baldwin/Boldin/Hunter/Dixon and even Kyle Williams to the Patriots, Packers, Broncos or Saints and their playtime/stats will increase!

Roman/Harbaugh should watch more of those team's film
Share 49ersWebzone