Shop 49ers game tickets
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
if they looked at the personnel and said ok

boldin you are the quick hit guy. and tight catch guy

manningham we throw it to you quick or slant or if there is time intermediate

vernon we play action and deep to you

macdonald we play action and intermediate to you. and red zone you.

james/hunter we give you creases and screens

gore we run with power.

kap we give you minimum 3 options with a dump off option every single passing attempt.

and is there any reason we don't run tempo?

-Roman- Who are we kidding, this wont work in the NFL.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Except we know Chryst is terrible too. One of the things he got lambasted for as OC of the Chargers was his lack of creativity in the passing offense and getting away from running the ball.

then why do we hold on to these people?

the arrogance this staff displays is horrible at times.

3 losses 3 exact same scripts

will it take 20 losses the same way for them to get it?

why havent' we run the type of passing offense we ran in game 1... straight up traditional?

none of it makes sense.

It is really mind-boggling. It's not just these three losses though. The reason I am so fired up about it is that it is literally the same game we have watched the last THREE years!!!

Ravens did it on Thanksgiving 2011, Cardinals, Giants, Rams, Vikings, Seahawks, and Colts have all done it ever since. It is a pretty simple concept. Stack the box to stuff the run, and when it comes to obvious passing downs, jam the receivers at the line and blitz. The Niners have never been able to make teams pay for that aggressive style of defense.

Today's loss was one of the worst out of all of them though. It was pretty obvious after Vernon Davis left the game that the offense had no chance to sustain a drive and that eventually the defense was going to break. It was a slow and excruciating death.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
It is really mind-boggling. It's not just these three losses though. The reason I am so fired up about it is that it is literally the same game we have watched the last THREE years!!!

Ravens did it on Thanksgiving 2011, Cardinals, Giants, Rams, Vikings, Seahawks, and Colts have all done it ever since. It is a pretty simple concept. Stack the box to stuff the run, and when it comes to obvious passing downs, jam the receivers at the line and blitz. The Niners have never been able to make teams pay for that aggressive style of defense.

Today's loss was one of the worst out of all of them though. It was pretty obvious after Vernon Davis left the game that the offense had no chance to sustain a drive and that eventually the defense was going to break. It was a slow and excruciating death.

Yes, it's not that the offensive coaching staff makes mistakes, it is that they don't learn from them, going on almost 3 years now. The offense is fairly predictable, teams have adjusted to all the various gimmicks and when forced to play straight-up, the offensive playcalling is found to be lacking, terribly so.

Yes, it's not that the offensive coaching staff makes mistakes, it is that they don't learn from them, going on almost 3 years now. The offense is fairly predictable, teams have adjusted to all the various gimmicks and when forced to play straight-up, the offensive playcalling is found to be lacking, terribly so.

It is almost as if they don't watch game film on offense. If it is so easy for us fans to notice, the defensive coordinators must have a field day with it.
It is almost as if they don't watch game film on offense. If it is so easy for us fans to notice, the defensive coordinators must have a field day with it.

Today was like watching the Rams games from last season. I commented during both of those games that it looked like the Rams defense was in the huddle with the 49ers and then Dahl comes over and ....herp...derp..........."Hey guys, you had tells that gave away the playcall's so we knew what you were calling"...........today, I saw the same exact thing with the Panthers. Not sure if Ginn gave them a heads up, or more likely the offensive playcalling really is that predictable, but its clear that Carolina knew what the playcalls were, they even seemed to have a lead on what Kaepernick was audibling too.

Today was like watching the Rams games from last season. I commented during both of those games that it looked like the Rams defense was in the huddle with the 49ers and then Dahl comes over and ....herp...derp..........."Hey guys, you had tells that gave away the playcall's so we knew what you were calling"...........today, I saw the same exact thing with the Panthers. Not sure if Ginn gave them a heads up, or more likely the offensive playcalling really is that predictable, but its clear that Carolina knew what the playcalls were, they even seemed to have a lead on what Kaepernick was audibling too.

Yep I made a comment to my friend during the game that after the first quarter almost nothing happened in the niners favor. They couldn't move the ball. They couldn't capitalize on Carolina mistakes. They just couldn't do anything right. It really just exposed the offense for the next DC to do the same thing. Wouldn't be surprised to be 6-4 after next week in New Orleans. Rob Ryan has them playing great D and Brees and Co will be hard to stop without a pass rush.

Yep I made a comment to my friend during the game that after the first quarter almost nothing happened in the niners favor. They couldn't move the ball. They couldn't capitalize on Carolina mistakes. They just couldn't do anything right. It really just exposed the offense for the next DC to do the same thing. Wouldn't be surprised to be 6-4 after next week in New Orleans. Rob Ryan has them playing great D and Brees and Co will be hard to stop without a pass rush.

I wouldn't go chalking up a win vs Washington either on 11/24....I wouldn't be shocked in the least if they're 7-6 after the Seattle game on 12/8, and even then that would mean beating a Ram team on 12/1 that looks to be getting in a groove with Clemens.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I wouldn't go chalking up a win vs Washington either on 11/24....I wouldn't be shocked in the least if they're 7-6 after the Seattle game on 12/8, and even then that would mean beating a Ram team on 12/1 that looks to be getting in a groove with Clemens.

Maybe that's what it would take to get a different mind on the play calling
The media overrates Roman big time. His college roommate, the GM for the Jags, chose not to hire him. You would think he would have been a slam dunk for that job. Offensive coach, fresh off SB appearance, experience working with a young QB. Even his close friend realized he wasn't the man for the job. Roman cannot devise a passing offense worth s**t. He is the master at turning 2nd & 1 into 3rd & long. f**k this guy.
Dat 2nd and long run

Originally posted by SofaKing:
The media overrates Roman big time. His college roommate, the GM for the Jags, chose not to hire him. You would think he would have been a slam dunk for that job. Offensive coach, fresh off SB appearance, experience working with a young QB. Even his close friend realized he wasn't the man for the job. Roman cannot devise a passing offense worth s**t. He is the master at turning 2nd & 1 into 3rd & long. f**k this guy.

I think defensive coordinators around the NFL are honestly hoping he never leaves the 49ers, one less team to worry about.
Originally posted by HERN:
I wish we had traded for Gordon. It would've been awesome seeing him on the field, of course Roman would never use him but it still would be cool to see him running around the field.

LOL this.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
If only we could hire a recently fired offensive-minded coach who could come in and take over the play-calling. JIM CALL YOUR BROTHER JOHN AND ASK HIM HOW HE DID IT!!!

Who would that coach be?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If only we could hire a recently fired offensive-minded coach who could come in and take over the play-calling. JIM CALL YOUR BROTHER JOHN AND ASK HIM HOW HE DID IT!!!

So you want us to hire a recently fired head coach with no play calling experience? GREAT IDEA! Oh and Baltimore currently has the 25th ranked offense.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM ]
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Maybe that's what it would take to get a different mind on the play calling

Lol I don't mean for this season. If they somehow ended up losing the next three games I think we're going to be worrying about next season.
Share 49ersWebzone