There are 229 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In all those games the 49ers were buffered by huge takeaways on defense, in Arizona the defense scored 2 points with a safety and led to another 13 points after turnovers. Point me out a game against a high quality defense where the offense, the OFFENSE, took it to a team, beat them up and lit them up, wins against struggling teams like Houston and Tennessee who got beat by the Jaguars are meaningless to me.

When has this offense come out looking sharp against a winning team with a high quality defense?

we actually came out first possession and got down the field for a field goal didn't we? that's coming out sharp.

the play calling in the red zone has been a problem ive said since page 1

and it continues to be 3 possessions you need to punch it in on one especially the one where we kicked the field goal instead of going for it on 4th
and honestly i think that set the tone of what jim felt about our offensive line today. any other game he doesn't hesitate to get 1 yard to keep the drive going. we do it all the time. but today? too frightened to do it. too frightened to line up get the 1 yard against the defense and then score the touch down with gore. that was inexcusable to me.
We have the lamest formations in all of football.. We rarely ever run 3 Wr's unless we're flexing a fullback out there.. We suck.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Not if the plays you're allowed to audible are also terrible options. The real question is why aren't there more designed short passes? I think a bigger question is with all the talent we have at RB you rarely if ever (other than Bruce Miller) see them used as receivers out of the backfield. Who would you think would be better in space - Bruce Miller or LMJ? I'm not saying Kap has no blame here, but it's really tough for me to hold a 2nd year starter accountable for such a monumental loss when the opening play calls/sets were 7-step drops and empty backfields against a D that had been crushing pass protection all game. That yells coaching/game-plan to me. It's like what were the offensive coaches looking at on film for 2 weeks.

I am seeing other 2nd year QB's continue to grow and develop. I am seeing our QB decline now that the league has caught on to our gimmicky offense. Can you tell me 1 area Colin has improved on since last year? And endorsements don't count.

Twitter followers.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
I am seeing other 2nd year QB's continue to grow and develop. I am seeing our QB decline now that the league has caught on to our gimmicky offense. Can you tell me 1 area Colin has improved on since last year? And endorsements don't count.

i would love for him to have a coordinator who can be consistent before you put it on the shoulders of colin like you watched this game and saw cam light it up right?

if you can't get protection then do quick passes make an adjustment why run read option against a team that practices against it every week? this was on the coordinator. he hasn't regressed the coordinator has regressed TOTALLY

calling routes where 1 wr is the target who the hell does that in the nfl? its not genius is MENTALLY RETARDED
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I wish we had traded for Gordon. It would've been awesome seeing him on the field, of course Roman would never use him but it still would be cool to see him running around the field.
Exactly and it begs the question, can a NFL QB develop in a gimmicky offense. Here's what I am seeing. When Colin is asked to throw a slant to Manningham and to Boldin (which he did against GB) the pass is accurate, complete and hits the WR in stride. What's infuriating is that after both of those plays worked during this game, we never went back to it. My problem with this coaching staff is if those plays worked, then open up the tab in the offensive playbook that says "Short Passing Game Plays". This simply was non-existent. You can't expect Kap to develop when you never call those plays. I think sometimes with QBs who have strong arms you're too tempted to always hit the big stuff just but it has such a low percentage of success. This offense needs a dose of the the WCO approach - it really does.

its basically what it is.

they call nothing but chunk plays

that's his option on the play. everyone else is a decoy more times than not.

its sickening that this guy is going to continue to cost us games

defense shouldn't even have to practice this week after what they did today

you give up 10 points and scored on 2 possessions the entire game and lose?
Originally posted by HERN:
I wish we had traded for Gordon. It would've been awesome seeing him on the field, of course Roman would never use him but it still would be cool to see him running around the field.

Remember when no one wanted that trade because mannjngham would be back? Pepperidge Farms remembers
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Remember when no one wanted that trade because mannjngham would be back? Pepperidge Farms remembers

Still not convinced Cleveland wanted to trade Gordon but I was sure praying.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

you have to actually use manningham before we can count him out.

no time to pass and no adjustments= today's game.

greg roman is horrible

everyone defending him please come front and center.

what makes him horrible is we have a proven winning formula that would have won today but in his quest to be a genius he would rather call things that clearly won't work and hope that they do.

no adjustments no hybrid offense no adapting nothing.

and the adaptation that needed was something that was in our comfort zone and should be the formula every week.

if you can't protect why do you continue to call 7 step drops

and if they're blitzing why do you continue to run 15 yard routes with EVERYONE

no screens

and leave your qb out there to look horrible and have everyone question him when its really you.

3 losses fall right on his shoulders

and we only have 3
  • Veteran
This is not the WCO that was sold to us by Jed York when he hired Harbaugh. It was all a BS to calm the fans down after the Singletary debacle.

No (btw, I think I've answered the same way in this thread a few other times)
Originally posted by 190836:
This is not the WCO that was sold to us by Jed York when he hired Harbaugh. It was all a BS to calm the fans down after the Singletary debacle.

No, this Schembechler/Lindy Infante/college hybrid poverty offense can only do one thing well and that is to run the ball and perhaps make the occasional deep pass, beyond that, it is largely worthless.
Now we really get to see real coaching:

What do you do when the NFL has figured you out?

Seeing as they keep pulling this s**t over and over, I'd say they double down and change absolutely nothing.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
We have the lamest formations in all of football.. We rarely ever run 3 Wr's unless we're flexing a fullback out there.. We suck.

this
  • Veteran
Are we the lowest scoring team in the league?
Share 49ersWebzone