LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Roman is lousy.

Its why the 49ers havent made the playoffs or been to a Superbowl since he's been here.

also why we lost that super bowl.
Roman is lousy.

Its why the 49ers havent made the playoffs or been to a Superbowl since he's been here.

i don't understand the sarcasm

1st year we couldn't get it into the red zone so we kicked field goals had no problems moving the ball.

last year the same red zone problem cost us a super bowl victory.

the team is much more than Roman, that line of thinking is what makes him draw up perplexing game plans in the first place. he like anyone else is not above criticism. constructive criticism, common sense criticism. it doesn't mean he's the worst coordinator of all time. it just means he isn't as smart as he thinks he is. and he too has room to improve, the coach preaches it for the players, and should for the coaches too.
Find me someone better...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Find me someone better...

the head coach,, i love the posters who say we should be happy roman is here because he brought us to within five yards of winning a super bowl... yet when you ask them what happened once they got to the five yard line and if they were happy with what happened starting on second down,,,,, all you hear is crickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Roman is lousy.

did you like what took place when we were to within five yards of a touchdown in the super bowl? how did your boy do then? i guess you are just happy with getting close
Originally posted by cciowa:
the head coach,, i love the posters who say we should be happy roman is here because he brought us to within five yards of winning a super bowl... yet when you ask them what happened once they got to the five yard line and if they were happy with what happened starting on second down,,,,, all you hear is crickets

This. Roman has shown repeatedly he can't get it done when it counts, has outstanding playcalling against lesser quality teams and then s**ts the bed against better teams who pick out his tendencies far easier.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. Roman has shown repeatedly he can't get it done when it counts, has outstanding playcalling against lesser quality teams and then s**ts the bed against better teams who pick out his tendencies far easier.
he sure did s**t the bed bad on the biggest stage in the world he just can not help himself when he goes into the retard zone and tries to outsmart everyone. when he does that, the inevitable bed s**tting occurs
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Roman is lousy.

did you like what took place when we were to within five yards of a touchdown in the super bowl? how did your boy do then? i guess you are just happy with getting close

That was more Kap choking then bad play calling from Roman.
Originally posted by Jcool:

You mean not running the ball at all from the 5 yard line was Kaepernick choking, not bad playcalling?
Why does a thread evaluating Greg Romans performance remain continually fixated on the Super Bowl? We have planty to talk about with each weekly game.

BTW, when we talk about "Greg Roman" we are talking about the offense in general. He is the poster boy for offensive performance, regardless of who exactly is responsible for which decisions. That's coming into focus as an issue too -- the management/decision making structure.

Best argument for Roman's ineptitude is the fact that the Niners abandoned the run game against the Colts in the 2nd half, although they were averaging 8 yards a carry, and didn't trail more than 6 until the 3rd drive of the 4th quarter.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:

You mean not running the ball at all from the 5 yard line was Kaepernick choking, not bad playcalling?

From watching the replays it clearly shows Kap making bad decisions on that last set of downs. So if the play was there to be made, how exactly was it a bad call? It was bad execution by the QB.
This is only Roman's third year guys. Considering what he's accomplished, it's impressive!
lol at some of these posts. not only where we down like 20 something points, but we managed to put over 30 points against one of the best defenses in the league, while our team was led by practically a rookie QB. if anything put the blame on fangio for making that game so hard to overcome.

roman is one of the best in the league when it comes to a running game/play action. and thats what we are. thats how we made it to the superbowl last year, not by passing for 400 yards. bring calvin johnson on this team or aj green and we can talk about throwing it down the field more.
Originally posted by zugschef:
Best argument for Roman's ineptitude is the fact that the Niners abandoned the run game against the Colts in the 2nd half, although they were averaging 8 yards a carry, and didn't trail more than 6 until the 3rd drive of the 4th quarter.

Yeah, that was a bad moment.
Share 49ersWebzone