LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Every time I see his name... All I feel is RAGE...
Originally posted by English:
Short memories, people.

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Greg Roman play calling screwed us in the Superbowl by not running the ball once on the final plays to score - kept trying to throw to Crabtree. No creativity

Both of these. Can't believe there's that few guys that could be a coordinator for this guy and Greg Williams for that matter to keep getting jobs.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Every time I see his name... All I feel is RAGE...

I have zero love lost for Roman, but that final drive stalling on the 5 yard line was an indictment on Harbaugh imo.

That f**king idiot with his "we play it conservative in the red zone" philosophy was the main reason we seemed to settle for so many f**king field goals and struggle when we NEEDED a touchdown (down by 4-7)
  • Jiks
No

/thread
Roman has a 2-year shelf life.
Roman Noodles.
Originally posted by Joecool:
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
vs the colts. here lets run away from the run and we lose a terrible game. vs the giants. here lets run a reverse to kyle with a wet ball on a wet field which leads to the giants touchdown. vs the rams. here lets run some f**king annexation of f**king puerto rico vs the rams and have ck do some fake toss sweep pitch on our own 5 yard line. oh in the super bowl ... ok.. i need to stop and self medicate,,,, oh,,. no he is not good. he is worthless clueless. hopeless. useless and dickless
No.

Pretty much. His gimmick offense doesn't take long to get figured out. They are making the same mistake we made by keeping him.

Should've fired him and brought in a real OC. Jackson is not gonna learn how to pass in this offense. Hes gonna be like Kap if they hold onto Roman.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Pretty much. His gimmick offense doesn't take long to get figured out. They are making the same mistake we made by keeping him.

Should've fired him and brought in a real OC. Jackson is not gonna learn how to pass in this offense. Hes gonna be like Kap if they hold onto Roman.
they should have given you the god damn ball in the super bowl.. you just ripped off a 60 yard run,, took a play off and was fully rested on second and goal.... you should be the most angry of anyone here i regards to roman.. and i never got to thank you for going to jh and b***hing after roman totally ignored you, in the second half, in that terrible unforgiving loss we had vs the colts , the next week you got a bunch of carries. we won and were back on track.. thank you for doing that.
Originally posted by cciowa:

they should have given you the god damn ball in the super bowl.. you just ripped off a 60 yard run,, took a play off and was fully rested on second and goal.... you should be the most angry of anyone here i regards to roman.. and i never got to thank you for going to jh and b***hing after roman totally ignored you, in the second half, in that terrible unforgiving loss we had vs the colts , the next week you got a bunch of carries. we won and were back on track.. thank you for doing that.

Lol
No.

Glad somebody else said it. They're gonna pay Lamar and hes gonna plateau because of Roman and then people are gonna say he sucks. Players were already criticizing the offense. Harbaugh and the FA should've made a decision to mutually part ways with him last offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone