LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Its funny how everyone thought everything was fine last weekend and now look how our philosophy bit us in ashhule
Originally posted by teylo31:
Its funny how everyone thought everything was fine last weekend and now look how our philosophy bit us in ashhule

This game would have played out exactly like the Dallas game if we don't turn the ball over. Everyone is frustrated with the lack of offensive consistency and inability to put teams away, but all we had to do was protect the ball and win the game. Kap f**ked it up big time tonight. The scheme didn't cause those turnovers, he did.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

This game would have played out exactly like the Dallas game if we don't turn the ball over. Everyone is frustrated with the lack of offensive consistency and inability to put teams away, but all we had to do was protect the ball and win the game. Kap f**ked it up big time tonight. The scheme didn't cause those turnovers, he did.

Yep, and then we couldn't run out the clock because the turnovers brought Chicago back into the game. People act like we're going ti run every single play. I'm pretty sure we weer just about to run run run with the lead but that was blown real fast.
Originally posted by Phil:

Yep, and then we couldn't run out the clock because the turnovers brought Chicago back into the game. People act like we're going ti run every single play. I'm pretty sure we weer just about to run run run with the lead but that was blown real fast.

But it didn't
Originally posted by Phil:

just protecting the ball is the reason teams come back
we started at 17 points
Romans offense is elementary so to speak. It's all scheme to get one person open with limited options elsewhere. I think this is why Kap isn't expanding his game much as a passer.
Screw this loser. I'm getting tired of Harbaugh protecting and keeping this loser. He should have been let go long time ago. He has cost us many important games already. It's long over due to fire his ass.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Here's a fact that I feel very confident in: every fanbase has huge issues with their head coach's / offensive coordinator's playcalling. I go to a couple of other message boards that are filled with fans of all teams, and, I swear to you, this post the exact same complaints, nearly verbatim.

"Darrell Bevell is terrible. He cost us the game."
"John Fox is terrible. We built a huge lead and then played it safe and almost squandered the lead. He's always so conservative when we build a lead." (following Colts / Broncos in week 1)
etc...

I think OC's are just easy scapegoats. If the players don't execute, it doesn't matter what play is called. Let's be real, we had some very long (10-15 play, 5-7 minute) drives in this game. Kaep deserves more blame than anyone. If you turn the ball over FOUR times, you're going to lose. Period.

This and then some. If the offense gets too conservative, if it doesn't show killer instinct it is not all on the playcaller, he is just an easy scapegoat for fans. Nothing stops Harbaugh from telling Roman in game to get more aggressive with the playcaling or to keep his foot on the gas. This is Jim Harbaugh's football team not Greg Romans, and this is Jim Harbaugh's offense.
He goes absolutely potato inside the 10 yard line
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He goes absolutely potato inside the 10 yard line

I don't know, potatoes are kinda good.

3 straight runs up the middle inside the 6...all TFL...even with Iupati, Boone and Kilgore. Sad. The Bears were selling out and we didn't make them pay...FG. Game over after that.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
And I'll stab somebody if we hand it to Miller instead of hyde in short yardage again

or gore or run a sneak with kap or run play action bootleg for an easy 1st down or a number of things that make more sense.

roman being cute cost us a ring LITERALLY

no idea why people don't understand he'll cost us regular games.

we abandon the run up 17-0 we don't make them PAY

we dont run bunch formations we don't make it hard to cover we don't run power in the red zone we don't run our bread and butter play action stuff out of tight formations

we just don't things that we know work for no reason other than the dude just doesn't want to do them.

I feel your pain it was disgusting to watch. Abandoned what worked and lets keep Kap back there running for his life!!!! SMH
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
I feel your pain it was disgusting to watch. Abandoned what worked and lets keep Kap back there running for his life!!!! SMH

Exactly..........with a 20-7 lead,this idiot has Kapy throwing the ball.Pound the ball with the rookie 20 more times.
Harbs needs to go sit in a nice quiet room and rethink HIS brand of football
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The Big Twinkie is an expert at doing what HARBAUGH ALLOWS him to do... they both are sucking it right now!!
Share 49ersWebzone