Originally posted by thl408:Ah yes, the blame Roman thread. I will now attempt to catch everyone up on the first 255 pages in several bullet points:
- No, Roman is not good
- Roman calls too many run plays.
- If Roman gave it to Gore 3 times in the SB, the defense makes a stand and the 49ers have their 6th.
- Roman is not creative
- Roman is a mad scientist and draws up too many bat s**t crazy plays like an option pitch to Ginn
- Roman runs a one read passing attack
- If the offense fails, it's because of Roman
- If the offense scores a TD, it's despite of Roman
- Roman eats a lot of nachos and twinkies.
I think roman takes way too much s**t (everyone is entitled to their opinions, so I'm not trying to change any minds, however I'm pretty sure thl and I have similar feelings on roman). While there are some aspects I wish he handled differently, he is an average to above average nfl OC with the potential to be a very good OC. Personally I loved the flavor of our offense during the 2011 season. However, the 10 game stretch (including playoffs) the offense had when kaep took over in 2012 was pretty amazing. We were averaging over 30 ppg, 390 ypg with a 230 pass 160 rush split. Had the defense not been hampered by Justins injury this offense would have been a Super Bowl winner. Granted the first 11 games in 2013 were below average, but when crabs came back the offense was producing at almost a top10 level--about 360 ypg with a 220 pass, 140 rush split.
Jeff hosler and jimmy raye are terrible nfl OCs, greg roman is not.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM ]