There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Constantine:
YES... Just like players, they get better with experience, and he'll continue getting better as he learns more as players do.

Good one... His playcalling handicapped this offense once again and shows no signs of changing going forward
good god this is, sad to say, the truth here lets call for a pass play that gets us three yards when we need 9, here lets call a nice pass to our rookie tight end in the playoffs and then never go back to that again, here lets keep running gore against 9 men, and for gods sake why the f**k would we ever fake the run to set up the pass

Well cciowa ....

I think this is Harb's fault. The offense won't get better until the 49ers change the way plays are called. I think NCommand posted it some posts back. I goes a little something like this:

1) Play is thought of ...
2) Roman picks and then polls all the coaches to see what they think
3) Play gets called into Harbs who decides if the polled play is good or not
4) Harbs calls that into Kap

I used to wonder why it took so long to call plays at times. I'm will to bet the farm the times that is takes much too long to call a play, we're following this stupid structure.
I wonder when harbaugh is going to take ownership of these problems?
  • DeUh
What puzzles me the most is when you look at Kaepernicks first full game against the Bears the versatility Roman showed in his play calling was off the chaines.

But then for example call 10 running plays with 1 guy split out against a defense like Seattle ? I mean what is the thought process behind that ?
Originally posted by DeUh:
What puzzles me the most is when you look at Kaepernicks first full game against the Bears the versatility Roman showed in his play calling was off the chaines.

But then for example call 10 running plays with 1 guy split out against a defense like Seattle ? I mean what is the thought process behind that ?

One possibility is that Seattle's defense is really really good and so a certain amount of caution about the play calling starts to sound like a good idea to limit the possibility of mistakes and turnovers.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by boooby:
One possibility is that Seattle's defense is really really good and so a certain amount of caution about the play calling starts to sound like a good idea to limit the possibility of mistakes and turnovers.

If thats the case it would be a lot wiser to spread them out to take as many defenders as possible out of the play.

I dont think running into a box stacked with 9 defenders limits the possibility of a turnover.

Of course in a stadium that is so loud you try to keep it as simple as possible. But from the outside looking in those run plays that were called looked just bad !
I'd love to see Holmgren come back to SF as QB coach and Shanahan as OC. They helped develop Steve Young go from athlete to QB.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:58 PM ]
YES... Just like players, they get better with experience, and he'll continue getting better as he learns more as players do.

Good one... His playcalling handicapped this offense once again and shows no signs of changing going forward
good god this is, sad to say, the truth here lets call for a pass play that gets us three yards when we need 9, here lets call a nice pass to our rookie tight end in the playoffs and then never go back to that again, here lets keep running gore against 9 men, and for gods sake why the f**k would we ever fake the run to set up the pass

yeah lets get a 10 point lead then go conservative until our opponent can put it together
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
omg with this thinking,, he will get better with more experience, he never learned s**t from the super bowl, you pay a coach alot of money and you expect a little bit more than what we got with this offense this year, he had no clue how to use the players he had, he ran away from things that worked and why am i wasting my time,,,, roman will get better why does this fat f**ker get so much of a long leash with some people?

I can't stop laughing! Tell us what you really think cciowa!
yeah lets get a 10 point lead then go conservative until our opponent can put it together

ya, i'm sick of that s**t. Keep your fkn foot on the gas pedal.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
omg with this thinking,, he will get better with more experience, he never learned s**t from the super bowl, you pay a coach alot of money and you expect a little bit more than what we got with this offense this year, he had no clue how to use the players he had, he ran away from things that worked and why am i wasting my time,,,, roman will get better why does this fat f**ker get so much of a long leash with some people?

I can't stop laughing! Tell us what you really think cciowa!

It just makes me sick that the defense is calling the 49ers' play 20 seconds before Roman sends it in.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
It just makes me sick that the defense is calling the 49ers' play 20 seconds before Roman sends it in.

you know its sad when gore and ck change plays in the huddle,,, and they work. Then we get romans line of b******t about how we are going to "explode",, the only thing that explodes is my head when we keep calling the same stupid plays over and over which do not work. and god damn JH is a f**king enabler of that fat maid rite f**k roman cuz he just lets him go off down retard road
you know its sad when gore and ck change plays in the huddle,,, and they work. Then we get romans line of b******t about how we are going to "explode",, the only thing that explodes is my head when we keep calling the same stupid plays over and over which do not work. and god damn JH is a f**king enabler of that fat maid rite f**k roman cuz he just lets him go off down retard road

LOL! Yes, play ground ball seems to trump the current OC's calls.
I do have to say, given his media reputation, it is REALLY shocking he only got one token college interview. It's like the White Rooney Rule.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I do have to say, given his media reputation, it is REALLY shocking he only got one token college interview. It's like the White Rooney Rule.
he is waiting for Jh to finish out his contract so he can just slip into the head coaches job. that would just be f**king lovely
he is waiting for Jh to finish out his contract so he can just slip into the head coaches job. that would just be f**king lovely

I'm starting to wonder if this offense is Roman's or Harbaughs. Regardless, I think if Harbs leaves Tomsula takes over .... interesting. As long as we keep our defensive coaches and bring in a STRONG OC who can recruit a great coaching staff, I'm down.