There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Inject new talent at receiver. That would over come any Roman conservatism, lack of knowledge on the passing game, and play calling the game like 3pts lead going into the 4th qtr is enough to win the game.

you are assuming , of course, that roman would know how to use any new talent that we inject i frankly believe, had we got gordon, he would have set on the bench
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by buck:
JH is the head coach,, thus he is the head of the rattlesnake, i hate roman, thus he should be beaten. i should stop saying the word thus

OK. I can not wait for the hyperbole next year.
nor can i wait for a new batch of romanexcuses next year. his bath water drinkers certainly will have lots of time to develop them over the off season. I am sorry but i tend to think head coaches should be held accountable for their coaches.

You are sorry? OK.
Inject new talent at receiver. That would over come any Roman conservatism, lack of knowledge on the passing game, and play calling the game like 3pts lead going into the 4th qtr is enough to win the game.

you are assuming , of course, that roman would know how to use any new talent that we inject i frankly believe, had we got gordon, he would have set on the bench

or he'd get one pass thrown his way for a big gain, then not see another pass for the rest of the game.
Good grief, I go away for 3 weeks for knee replacement #5, come back and AMAZINGLY this thread is STILL alive? I get it, if no one wants greg, ok. But jeez, Coach, does he HAVE to stay here and just pizz away one NFCC , SB and NFCC after another? Coach, ever think back about the two plays we lost with the last two yrs? Minus an eyelash or two, it was the same damn play...one too high...one too low. Coach...oh, Coaaaaach. Any comment on that? Any reason, even a tiny one to think of getting a top flite OC in here? I guess it doesn't mean anything to you but to us, there is a reason roman is still around here...and it isn't because he is the best OC around. It is the opposite. Please, JH, take us out of our misery, promote roman to chief head administrator, and get us an OC who has the stones to win the big one. You realize, we could legitimately have had 2 more SB rings except for C.S. playcalling where the hair gets short. Fix that and win yourself a SB. Leave it be and stack up the also rans trophies.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

or he'd get one pass thrown his way for a big gain, then not see another pass for the rest of the game.

Roman would have Gordon blocking for Kilgore on a tackle eligible bubble screen.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Roman would have Gordon blocking for Kilgore on a tackle eligible bubble screen.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Good grief, I go away for 3 weeks for knee replacement #5, come back and AMAZINGLY this thread is STILL alive? I get it, if no one wants greg, ok. But jeez, Coach, does he HAVE to stay here and just pizz away one NFCC , SB and NFCC after another? Coach, ever think back about the two plays we lost with the last two yrs? Minus an eyelash or two, it was the same damn play...one too high...one too low. Coach...oh, Coaaaaach. Any comment on that? Any reason, even a tiny one to think of getting a top flite OC in here? I guess it doesn't mean anything to you but to us, there is a reason roman is still around here...and it isn't because he is the best OC around. It is the opposite. Please, JH, take us out of our misery, promote roman to chief head administrator, and get us an OC who has the stones to win the big one. You realize, we could legitimately have had 2 more SB rings except for C.S. playcalling where the hair gets short. Fix that and win yourself a SB. Leave it be and stack up the also rans trophies.

LOL!!

What a great idea! No defense would expect that! Send Gore up the middle to fool the DBs and LBs...send all the other skill position players deep to the opposite side...what's not to like!?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

just like our rookie tight end in the playoff game, had a nice 20 yard gain and of course we never do it again but of course i forgot, those who want roman gone are idiots
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

well he had gore as a decoy in the super bowl on second, third and fourth and goal so anything is possible
Greg Roman believes "time will come" for head coaching job--

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/greg-roman-believes-time-will-come-for-head-coaching-job/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/07/greg-roman-believes-time-will-come-for-head-coaching-job/

Unfortunately we have to wait around for some other team to think that the time will come. Meanwhile, we watch the same abysmal passing attack and all of creativity in using play makers.

Unfortunately, that could be the difference in Seattle holding the Lombardi this year instead of us.

In years past I would give him the benefit of the doubt because all of our weapons were hurt. This year they got healthy before playoffs and still weren't used to maximize their potential.

I had a Seahawk fan tell me about an hour ago that he was surprised the niners didn't call slants or screens to slow the rush.

I had no words...
It behooves Roman to keep learning and becoming better! Could be a good thing? The guy isn't dumb, just not gifted in the passing game. I think they need someone with a total grasp of the nuances to help him, but he might be open to that after this year. Their power dominated most teams but not the best teams. They need to out think Seattle, who are just as physical as the 9ers.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 8, 2014 at 7:20 AM ]

It won't come until the 49ers offense explodes. I think that's why Darrel Bevel hasn't seen a lot of interest.
Is he still here? Even after saving all the great plays for the playoffs?