There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'm not a fan of his plays,BUT

that last interception was a Kaepernick AUDIBLE.
He had Patton on the flat wide,VD looked open,there was even running room.

It happens.Sophmoric mistake by Kap,but not Rpmans' fault.

I don't know Tony ...

Kap did that because he was allowed to. Someone should have called timeout and brought him to the sidelines and said "hey kid ... keep your eyes open, read the field, throw it away if you don't see anything or run for the conversion if it's there. We actually have our time outs ..."

NOPE.
Some like Kapernick who has such a low football passing game IQ should not be allowed to audible at those stages of the game...sorry but its true.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Some like Kapernick who has such a low football passing game IQ should not be allowed to audible at those stages of the game...sorry but its true.

This is pure garbage. For this kid to come out of a gimmick offense in college and go to two straight NFC championships in his first two seasons, I'd say his football IQ is pretty damn impressive.

He should not have thrown that pass but this coaching staff could have had the forsight to call a timeout and decide how to proceed. You see this all the time. Our game management on the offense has always been terrible and it's not because of the QB.
haven't read this thread much but yesterday wasn't a well called Offensive game. They should have put the trust in Kaep to throw earlier and down the field. That should have freed up some running room. I think yesterday might have been one of Franks worst games ever simply because we didn't challenge the defense enough and certainly not early enough.

If Roman is back I don't know what we need to do to create space for the running backs. But something needs to change. Too many times Defenses have sold out on the run this year and we've lost because of it. WR's need to be given more ops so our RB's can get to work. Spread the field.
Greg Roman is good. but this team was meant to be GREAT.
Please Cleveland, do us a solid.
Originally posted by Furlow:

I think this would be the best for everyone. But we still need someone to unlock the talents of the entire offense.
Originally posted by AUniner:

I think this would be the best for everyone. But we still need someone to unlock the talents of the entire offense.

johnnydel is available.

If there is a god..........
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Thank you. The difference is that Luck was competent enough to make basic sound decisions. My point is that they (Roman, Harbaugh) philosophy is to establish balance and not become one dimensional. If we go over the film, we can all clearly see that the problem is not that players are not getting open, the problem is that the quarterback cannot make the throws. So how can the issue be about simplistic play calling at this point?

show me where receivers are wide open
show me don't just say stuff. show me.. and you won't be able to.

has roman progressed as a coordinator?

or are the same problems through 2 qb's still persisting.

answer that one

Please go back to the game last night and watch Patton open in the flat WITH TWO BLOCKERS IN FRONT. You are not speaking from an objective position at all. The issue with Alex is that he would get too caught up with being conservative, that he didn't take shots downfield. Neither was he as dynamic. Kap is all out clueless! He cannot go through progressions, he cannot throw them open, he cannot think under pressure, and for goodness sake he has Boldin out there!! He is open regardless! So what are you talking about?
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
I hope he stays.
Please go back to the game last night and watch Patton open in the flat WITH TWO BLOCKERS IN FRONT. You are not speaking from an objective position at all. The issue with Alex is that he would get too caught up with being conservative, that he didn't take shots downfield. Neither was he as dynamic. Kap is all out clueless! He cannot go through progressions, he cannot throw them open, he cannot think under pressure, and for goodness sake he has Boldin out there!! He is open regardless! So what are you talking about?

lol
i know you're not talking about the last play of the game

because patton stood there at the snap and the defenders went to their depth.

vernon ran an out route
boldin ran to the end zone
and so did crab.
what blockers in front are you talking about? are the 3 defenders squatting in that area going to clear a path for patton on the side? lol

that throw gets a few yards and he's out of bounds. only vernon is over there and unless its off the los vernon is not good down the field blocking. 1 offensive player vs 3 defenders blocking.. yea
Originally posted by AUniner:

johnnydel is available.

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Try to understand that a QB with inabilities forces a coordinator to have an inability to scheme fully. So you may see him call lame duck plays, but try to take the personnel into consideration.

Kap's not one of the greatest (has potential to be) and isn't very good (YET) at reading good defenses / schemes.

Roman is not a great offensive coordinator (PERIOD)!!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I honestly don't have any gripes with the way Roman called the game. The players lost this one.

Agreed....

Well please explain to me what was he supposed to do with a QB with such handicaps?

Look at the first down plays from the previous page and ask yourself...why does this team insist on calling Gore into a stacked D over and over again?

That's an issue with Roman and play calling I agree. But ask yourself if the Seahawks would call such defenses if Kaepernick had given them a reason to think that he can dissect their defense? It was safer to go with Gore than to put the game in the hands of our piece of QB, regardless to Seattle daring us to do so.

That's not the only issue. If you can't/won't come up with other reasons as to why he isn't all that great then, you definitely are a Roman apologist and therefore, this (your opinion/my opinion) conversation will go nowhere.

Maybe you haven't seen my other posts (ranting on Kaps mishaps/inabilities), but I will call it how it's seems / looks (just my opinion) on any player or coach of my favorite team. I don't think Kap is worth the big contract coming to him (not at the moment), but maybe he'll prove some of us wrong. He isn't great (yet)....

Both are at fault for different reasons...

I was under the impression that you were aware of the missed receivers, one read and run tendency, high school pocket awareness, lack of ball protection when running the ball or before contact, ignorance of the abilities of the players around him etc. If we are both football fluid these things need not be said. When looking at our offenses' philosophy objectively, I cannot put too much blame on Roman and be reasonable for doing so if his QB is this limited and lack so many essential abilities that a QB must have. Is that enough for you webzone judge?
I love how Roman gets the blame as if he's the sole voice on playcalling lol. Chryst Harbs and Roman all collaborate on ANY play. If Roman was to leave, I highly doubt the playcalling would be drastically different