LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Roman is done.
This scheme has no upside, but then neither does the QB.

What exactly is the point of Harbaugh and Roman, again?
Originally posted by T-9ers:
The first drive of the game after Aldon forced and recovered the fumble I thought it was a mistake to not go play action right away to the end zone on our first offensive play. We went three and out, and didn't even pass to the end zone. I feel this way because we already had the field goal, we already had three points, so why not take a shot for 7? Way too conservative for me.

Agree with this! The Seahawks were surprised and that's a good time to pounce! Instead, the call was run Gore into a stacked line. Just dumb.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Shots to the Endzone

• Bevel takes a shot at the 49ers WEAKEST CB in Rogers who was getting routinely beaten all game as a way to get back .....

• Roman takes a shot at the Seahawks BEST CB in Sherman to WIN THE GAME

Compare/Contrast

This is stupid. Do you know for a fact Kap was told to throw that ball?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Roman is done.

You may be right.

But, we have to see what develops in the off season.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Wait so Roman was the one who threw the pick in the endzone????

No,but this 1970's style passing offense needs an upgrade, badly. Quarterback performance and playcalling are all included in that. Kaepernick needs to sit and watch tape of this game over and over until he fully understands why that was a bad pass to throw at that point in the game. The pass itself was on the money and Sherman made a phenomenal play on it, but it wasn't necessary, he had guys open elsewhere, they had time and 2 timeouts, enough to move down the field progressively and even try to run it into the endzone.

The passing offense needs to expand, the constant runs on first down into a loaded box need to stop. More playaction, more bootlegs, slants, screens, get the RB's more involved in the passing offense as well as secondary targets such as Patton and McDonald.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 190836:
He he comes back, there is something wrong with this front office and HC.

He's not going anywhere. Its not like you're going to find someone better at this junction and his playcalling is directly derived from Harbaugh's philosophy. This is the type of offense that Harbaugh wants, simple as that.
Then you'll have the same s**t nest year. As simple as that.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Wait so Roman was the one who threw the pick in the endzone????

No,but this 1970's style passing offense needs an upgrade, badly. Quarterback performance and playcalling are all included in that. Kaepernick needs to sit and watch tape of this game over and over until he fully understands why that was a bad pass to throw at that point in the game. The pass itself was on the money and Sherman made a phenomenal play on it, but it wasn't necessary, he had guys open elsewhere, they had time and 2 timeouts, enough to move down the field progressively and even try to run it into the endzone.

The passing offense needs to expand, the constant runs on first down into a loaded box need to stop. More playaction, more bootlegs, slants, screens, get the RB's more involved in the passing offense as well as secondary targets such as Patton and McDonald.

Just FWIW, I think it was 12 rushes on 1st Down that netted 30 yards....not real good and worse when you see that 20 yards came on 2 of the carries, and another carry was a 4-yd run by CK, offhand don't recall if it was a scramble or designed run. So yeah, a little too predictable on the 1st down runs...and going back to 49ers' first play of game after fumble recovery, would've loved to see play-action there with a shot to the end-zone....but leopard, spots.

As for CK's last pass, even if he says it wasn't a factor, still think somewhere between him and Roman were the ghosts of SB47...if they work the middle and get down inside the 10, then there it is again, closing seconds and 1st & Goal where now everything is more compressed on the field. For me, I thought they should've went ahead and called the TO after Davis' catch made 1st/10 @ the 18 with must've been around 47-48 seconds left...but instead clock ran and CK took the very ill-advised shot.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM ]
People want to blame Kap for losing this game, and he definitely does not go without some blame, but as soon as Seattle scored to take the lead everyone knew that would spark their defense and their fans.

Instead of Roman trying to call plays to get the offense going in rhythm to quiet the crowd, he comes out and runs a sweep with LaMichael James where it looked like he tried to have him throw it back to Kap.

Why the hell would you call that play?!

This is the kind of garbage that I am sick of. It seems like our players aren't the only ones getting rattled. Our own offensive coordinator is in the booth scrambling for ANYTHING to work.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I've seen this guy tear up a box of Twinkies and extra large pie of pizza in under 2 minutes, he's good!

On the game, though, he's not responsible for the turnovers; our D giving up 23 points; and the "13th man" (corrupt officials)...

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
People want to blame Kap for losing this game, and he definitely does not go without some blame, but as soon as Seattle scored to take the lead everyone knew that would spark their defense and their fans.

Instead of Roman trying to call plays to get the offense going in rhythm to quiet the crowd, he comes out and runs a sweep with LaMichael James where it looked like he tried to have him throw it back to Kap.

This is the kind of garbage that I am sick of. It seems like our players aren't the only ones getting rattled. Our own offensive coordinator is in the booth scrambling for ANYTHING to work.

Yeah, I'm starting to sense rattled coaching also.
still at no point used the full arsenal
STILL at no point
lol
reverted to fake option plays
cute gadget plays
gone are the screens
stacked wr's
and everything else he fooled us into thinking he would continue to do

when the s**t was on the line
he folded.

this is the 2nd time.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Actually our D forced two turnovers with nothing to show for it while the offense PUT the defense in horrible situations and kept them on the field.
Originally posted by LVJay:
I've seen this guy tear up a box of Twinkies and extra large pie of pizza in under 2 minutes, he's good!

On the game, though, he's not responsible for the turnovers; our D giving up 23 points; and the "13th man" (corrupt officials)...

he is responsible for not taking advantage.
i mean the defense came out got a sack fumble turnover the 1st play of the game and put us in the red zone
the 1st damn play of the game.

as the o.c. you go to the MONEY PLAYS and put that s**t in the end zone.

you don't get the ball then run the ball right up the middle with gore
then a little out route
then concede the field goal
that is not championship football
and that's why we don't have a championship.

you punch it in there. you win the damn game.

5 yards away no ring

1st possession 3 points.

what will it be next year?

1st year we couldn't even get a damn 1st down against the giants in the 4th and overtime

lol
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
still at no point used the full arsenal
STILL at no point
lol
reverted to fake option plays
cute gadget plays
gone are the screens
stacked wr's
and everything else he fooled us into thinking he would continue to do

when the s**t was on the line
he folded.

this is the 2nd time.

Kap just confirmed very WR on that last play was an option.
Share 49ersWebzone