LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by redrathman:
Yes. Greg Roman read the forums on 49erswebzone.com and then modified his game plan based off fan criticism.

Delusional.

No. He recognized what he was doing wrong and fixed it. We're only observing that process take place.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Yes. Greg Roman read the forums on 49erswebzone.com and then modified his game plan based off fan criticism.

Delusional.

No. He recognized what he was doing wrong and fixed it. We're only observing that process take place.

Meaning we b***h about every move he makes that does not result in a TD for the Niners.
Huge endorsement from Gore (from Harbaugh presser):

Probably maybe the fourth or fifth game, coming back from Philadelphia in 2011, or it might've been coming back from Detroit in 2011… Frank had come back to where I was sitting on the plane, and it's something that's become kind of an every flight thing, when he comes back and talks to me, which I enjoy immensely…

But that particular time he came back and he said, 'G-Ro's (Greg Roman) the best coach I've ever had.' And some other things, 'I wish I had G-Ro earlier in my career.'

I think that stands out as the most profound thing, that he realized that very early on even before our offense… was in a starting out stage, was just starting out… starting to have an identity.
That was before the Indianapolis game.
From Harbaugh's presser today, what Gore told him on the plane returning from a game in 2011:

But that particular time he came back and he said, ‘G-Ro's (Greg Roman) the best coach I've ever had.' And some other things, ‘I wish I had G-Ro earlier in my career.'
This game will be very interesting toward judging Roman. He has good weather, has had a terrible loss and a narrow win to look at film-wise, and his offensive players are healthy except for Miller. Will he out coach/plan Seattle?
Originally posted by socalniner:
Huge endorsement from Gore (from Harbaugh presser):

Probably maybe the fourth or fifth game, coming back from Philadelphia in 2011, or it might've been coming back from Detroit in 2011… Frank had come back to where I was sitting on the plane, and it's something that's become kind of an every flight thing, when he comes back and talks to me, which I enjoy immensely…

But that particular time he came back and he said, 'G-Ro's (Greg Roman) the best coach I've ever had.' And some other things, 'I wish I had G-Ro earlier in my career.'

I think that stands out as the most profound thing, that he realized that very early on even before our offense… was in a starting out stage, was just starting out… starting to have an identity.

That's a good enough endorsement for me. If Gore likes him, then I like him. Gore knows what a s**tty OC looks like, so I trust his judgement.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 17, 2014 at 6:21 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersking:
From Harbaugh's presser today, what Gore told him on the plane returning from a game in 2011:

Righ, my point being that Gore would said some very different things after the indy game this year.

Remember the game? Just sayin.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Righ, my point being that Gore would said some very different things after the indy game this year.

Remember the game? Just sayin.

I think all he said was "Give me the freakin' ball!!!"

The coaches listened.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
That's a good enough endorsement for me. If Gore likes him, then I like him. Gore knows what a s**tty OC looks like, so I trust his judgement.

Gore likes to run so he likes the scheme. He's also the ultimate team guy and I don't recall him criticizing coaches in the past.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Pie....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
That (over) 9 minute drive in the 4th qtr against the Cardinals at the Stick was epic. He almost did the same thing in the 4th qtr (around 8 minutes) at Carolina last week. I hope he can do it again to help us win the next two games. He would always be remembered for it....
Hope Roman calls a good game tomorrow early on to get us some points and put the pressure on Seattle. Go 49ers!
5 passes in the first half

lovely
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Jan 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
5 passes in the first half

lovely

Yes.,..but it's OK because Terry Bradshaw disagrees with the game plan...Roman must be right!
Share 49ersWebzone