Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Penn State has interview set with 49ers OC Greg Roman
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Any way we fire him even if he doesn't get a HC position?

Doubtful. As Jim Harbaugh looks to a contract extension he'll be seeking more power not less. Roman is Harbaugh's guy so sadly I don't see any changes coming if he doesn't get hired.

I can see Roman getting offered the Minnesota position in all honesty, he knows the run game and how to work with a QB in that system. I can see Harbaugh getting his extension and a bit more power and choosing his own Offensive Co-ordinator, but I think he could surprise us with picking a more pass/QB friendly co-ordinator.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Any way we fire him even if he doesn't get a HC position?

Doubtful. As Jim Harbaugh looks to a contract extension he'll be seeking more power not less. Roman is Harbaugh's guy so sadly I don't see any changes coming if he doesn't get hired.

I can see Roman getting offered the Minnesota position in all honesty, he knows the run game and how to work with a QB in that system. I can see Harbaugh getting his extension and a bit more power and choosing his own Offensive Co-ordinator, but I think he could surprise us with picking a more pass/QB friendly co-ordinator.

He is best suited for the college ranks, no doubt. His AR and run system will dominate at that level for sure! Good luck Roman!

PS: What system OC would be best for CK and the rest of our personnel IYO? WCO? Spread? College-based (Schemblacher)?
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 8, 2014 at 8:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Penn State has interview set with 49ers OC Greg Roman

Roman may be as good as gone. This is his dream job. I just hope he can stay focused for the playoffs.
maybe he'll open up the offense and give no damns if he's leaving.
Originally posted by Hipstersoup:

This is what I'm predicting...the more "explosive" we are, the better chance he'll get a HC job. Period.
I thought they didn't interview til after the team loses or something
good for him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hipstersoup:
why has he held back? i think its pretty funny how some people just cling to the belief that roman will "get it", " wake up", "take off the gloves" "get his head out of his ass". in my opinion he has not shown the ability to do any of those things this year so why on earth do you think he will all of a sudden stop trying to show people how smart he is and run away from things when they are working. i do not care that we did not have crabs or vernon the first time around, there was no reason for us to lose to the panthers,, and the fact he ran away from the run when it was working is the sole reason we lost to the colts. the only reason the game winning drive was a game winner vs the packers was because ck took matters into his own hands... and in regards to gores three runs that gained ten yards even a trained cocka too is smart enough to call those plays at that time in that situation
I'm sure, if he's leaving, he'll want to go out with a Super Bowl win credential to get "buy-in" from his new digs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm sure, if he's leaving, he'll want to go out with a Super Bowl win credential to get "buy-in" from his new digs.

he had that chance last year but of course went down retard road at crunch time
This guy better be focused on our team
I guess we'll find out when he leaves for Penn State.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
This guy better be focused on our team

he acts like he has not been half the year anyway . i could care less what he is doing this week, i just want him gone
theres too much smoke for him to stay, its the 3rd year he has interviewed and i read on twitter last week where one of the nfl insiders described him as a guy who really really wants a HC gig.