There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is a f**king moron who single handed cost us two games and had it not been for ck and his audibles and bowman,,,,,, he would have made us lose last night

come on people,,,,, third and one in the first half and again he tells his team they can not run for a first down, he gets cute, we blow it which directly leads to their first touchdown,,,, second half,, third and four and you run it?? what is it going to take people. good job ck ignoring the calls, it is beyond pathetic a linebacker has to bail out this dickless, clueless impotent a*****e, who is doing his best to make us lose games.. you know god damn good and well gruden was about ready to come out of retirement during the game and call some plays,,,,, beyond pathetic,,,, and do not give me ,, he got us to within five yards of the super bowl,, he is garbage

Every team has trick plays in their book. Every team tries to run a change up from time to time. What kills me with this guy is that he STOPS doing what's working against a particular defense at the time and kills his own team's offensive momentum. I simply don't understand this. Crabtree was on fire in the second half and - basically on fire all night and yet the play calls - the AR1 plays on 3rd down for the most part went to Boldin. Why? Stay with Crabtree - force the defense to double him and free up someone else.

NCommand

It's clear to me that the 49ers need to go with a pro-style offense in passing. Notice Kaps success against zone defenses when we is allowed to scan the field and when Iupati isn't getting beat up the middle. When the OL pushes his rushers to the outside and you stick a receiver running against a zone in the middle of the field, that was money last night (pass to Osgood who I'm sure was the 3rd or 4th receiver).

I couldn't agree more...turn the ball over to CK and let the WR's run their routes and win their battles. CK, stand back there and pick your man!
it stuns me people can not see this after last night, a f**king linebacker has to bail out our retard OC..... i can not even believe i am saying that but its true

Against one of the worst defense's in the NFL nonetheless. When they opened it up and made quick throws, the Falcons were reeling and struggling in coverage. Teams are going to load up to stop the run and if you can pass the ball like that and repeatedly gash them, they'll back off....that's when you start running the ball down their throats until they adjust once more. It pisses me off to no end to think of all the talent on this offense, loaded with talent and Roman sitting back there at the controls just f**king up left and right. No excuse for the 49ers to not have scored at least 40 points last night, too many blown opportunities as usual and in back to back weeks, both Tampa and Atlanta have used that quick passing game to beat the defense up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
it stuns me people can not see this after last night, a f**king linebacker has to bail out our retard OC..... i can not even believe i am saying that but its true

Against one of the worst defense's in the NFL nonetheless. When they opened it up and made quick throws, the Falcons were reeling and struggling in coverage. Teams are going to load up to stop the run and if you can pass the ball like that and repeatedly gash them, they'll back off....that's when you start running the ball down their throats until they adjust once more. It pisses me off to no end to think of all the talent on this offense, loaded with talent and Roman sitting back there at the controls just f**king up left and right. No excuse for the 49ers to not have scored at least 40 points last night, too many blown opportunities as usual and in back to back weeks, both Tampa and Atlanta have used that quick passing game to beat the defense up.
i can add nothing to this post. to attempt to do so would be an insult to these spot on observations from phoenix. no excuse is the bottom line here
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by seahawkmommma:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Greg Roman sucks again!

I can't say that, but you can! Go Niners!

You either have too many m's in momma or you do mma. I can't tell.

Da mommmma is back, haha!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Twinkies / Pizza / Soda Pop / Tootsie Rolls............

And that's just breakfast.

lol, right... dinner ain't no joke

i can add nothing to this post. to attempt to do so would be an insult to these spot on observations from phoenix. no excuse is the bottom line here

Agree, Roman is a moron. I'm thinking of 1 drive in particular that really stands out, when we were throwing the ball to Crabtree. He moved us down the field almost by himself, we get inside the red zone and roman calls three straight runs and we end up kicking another damn field goal. He always finds a way to screw the rhythm of this team when something is working, keep doing it until they stop it right? Kaep had very pedestrian numbers once again, but he played well in the 3rd quarter. Also, the fact that we needed Bowmans pick six to seal this game is haunting me, great play, but Matty Ice picked us apart all night long. Passing game needs more rhythm and more passing attempts for Kaep.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Agree, Roman is a moron. I'm thinking of 1 drive in particular that really stands out, when we were throwing the ball to Crabtree. He moved us down the field almost by himself, we get inside the red zone and roman calls three straight runs and we end up kicking another damn field goal. He always finds a way to screw the rhythm of this team when something is working, keep doing it until they stop it right? Kaep had very pedestrian numbers once again, but he played well in the 3rd quarter. Also, the fact that we needed Bowmans pick six to seal this game is haunting me, great play, but Matty Ice picked us apart all night long. Passing game needs more rhythm and more passing attempts for Kaep.
when roman f**ked up the third and one call in the first half with whatever the hell it was supposed to be,,,,, and that led right to the first touchdown for the falcons i really thought that we would lose this game because of roman. we almost did but big players make big plays
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
when roman f**ked up the third and one call in the first half with whatever the hell it was supposed to be,,,,, and that led right to the first touchdown for the falcons i really thought that we would lose this game because of roman. we almost did but big players make big plays

Yeah, we could've easily lost this game. If not for a great play by Brock and Bowmans awareness, the falcons easily tie the game or take the lead. Ryan was in a great groove and was shredding us to pieces. Our offense didn't even get on the field in the 4th aside from the scoring play right when it started. The stop and go offense is so damn frustrating.
I lost a lot of faith in Roman last year against the Rams. Rams DBs were playing 10 yrds back and every time Roman calls for slants, the offense would be killing them and then out of no where, he stops and then the offense stalls, going 3 and out. Roman calls slants again and we start moving the chain and then he stops calling it for no apparent reason; despite Rams DBs still playing 10 yrds back. I can't remember who the announcers were in that game but I remember them just shaking their heads, saying that they can't believe the 49ers are going away from what works. They were saying, until the Rams defense adjust, keep doing what works...but not Roman.

The playoffs came around and it seems, Roman finally got his act together and then a few yards away from winning it all, Roman pulls a Roman and the rest is freaking history.

I hope Shaw gets a HC job in the NFL and Stanford hand picks Roman to return to Stanford.
[ Edited by sacleads on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM ]
he actually sent Kilgore out as a receiver.

Agree. Now whenever we get into 3rd and 1 I just close my eyes. And this always seems to happen in the red zone. We leave WAY too many points on the table. We can get away with it against poor teams but not in the playoffs where every point matters. Yet we don't adjust.

Was nice to see a few passes over the middle and a crossing pattern here and there but we don't run it with any consistency.

Here's the way I look at it. On offense, we have Kaep, Gore, Vernon, Boldin, Crabtree and a really good offensive line. We should be blowing teams out on a regular basis. The only excuse if we are not is coaching ineptitude. The Harbaugh/Roman method of calling an offensive game plan doesn't allow us for a large enough cushion (see last nights game) if things don't go as planned. We have too many weapons on this squad to be sitting on pins and needles.
PLEASE, PLEASE take a HC job! I don't think Roman will get fired
Originally posted by susweel:

I saw that, noticed that Gruden didn't even comment on it. This guy's eccentric playcalling has lost its 2011 charm. Gruden was bashing on the playcalling all game long pretty much.

With that said, the 49ers did some good stuff last night, some clever playcalls in the passing game, WR SCREENS, they actually called WR screens! A nice slant to Boldin to start the game. But once more, no rhythm at all to the playcalling. 49ers could have been passing to Boldin and Crabtree all game long, Kaepernick could have easily had another 400 yard passing night, there were holes everywhere in that defense but they kept giving up on the passing game anytime they had success.

-The WR's weren't coming back to the ball at all. When cornerback's blitz, at least one receiver should break off their route and look for the ball because the QB will have to be getting it out quickly. Either Crabtree or Boldin could have had huge gains on those blitz plays with only a safety back deep.

I saw that, noticed that Gruden didn't even comment on it. This guy's eccentric playcalling has lost its 2011 charm. Gruden was bashing on the playcalling all game long pretty much.

With that said, the 49ers did some good stuff last night, some clever playcalls in the passing game, WR SCREENS, they actually called WR screens! A nice slant to Boldin to start the game. But once more, no rhythm at all to the playcalling. 49ers could have been passing to Boldin and Crabtree all game long, Kaepernick could have easily had another 400 yard passing night, there were holes everywhere in that defense but they kept giving up on the passing game anytime they had success.

-The WR's weren't coming back to the ball at all. When cornerback's blitz, at least one receiver should break off their route and look for the ball because the QB will have to be getting it out quickly. Either Crabtree or Boldin could have had huge gains on those blitz plays with only a safety back deep.

I'm guessing that's due to the AR1 call...BUT, like we said earlier, even in a decoy route (esp. when their DB takes off on a CB blitz), you'd THINK coaching 101 would be to teach CK to instantly look to the receiver side the blitz came from (even if NOT the AR1/2) AND you'd think the WR's would be coached that even in a decoy play, to keep your eye on your DB and in the backfield in case CK is forced to scramble or get rid of the ball quickly. Ummmmmm...yeah.

I was driving home and listening to KNBR and Eric Davis called Roman out on that play call. He said VD and Kilgore were the only two targets that kap had.