There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
First half execution was bad. Dropped passes, inaccurate throws, tripping over their own feet. Lots of indecision on Kap or no WRs open, can't tell. Third quarter was the opposite of all that.

Then he completely got away from it and decided to run the ball 3 times up the middle after the iffy PI call. "Passing game is lighting their defense up? f**k it, run it up the gut." Even Gruden was questioning exactly what the hell Roman was doing repeatedly throughout the game.

Yeah I wanted to see Kap keep throwing there. He was in a groove throwing and running.

Interesting dynamic here; not sure if we should read into it but Gore/CK overruling the play call to get the TD. CK's comments about being concerned they overruled "may" say a lot about their coaching to execute the play call no matter what the play call is (and CK's lack of autonomy to change it)?

"We had a different play call and Frank said he wanted the same thing," Kaepernick said. "I wasn't about to argue with him. "I don't think Coach was too mad because we scored. So it was all right."

Gore's touchdown run was the last offensive touchdown the 49ers scored in the regular season at Candlestick Park. And the 49ers would go on to a playoff-clinching 34-24 victory over the Falcons.

"I kind of saw the defense, how they were playing, and we were at what? The inch line," Gore said. "And the 'backers were playing like 5 yards back. I knew it was a quick hit, and I know I quick-hitted it. I barreled through. I knew they were going to come on top of me because my running style is low.

"I'm happy he listened to me. That the thing I love about Kap. He listens to his teammates."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kaepernick-ignores-play-call-listens-gore-instead
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM ]
Greg Roman sucks again!
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Greg Roman sucks again!

I can't say that, but you can! Go Niners!
Originally posted by seahawkmommma:
Greg Roman sucks again!

You either have too many m's in momma or you do mma. I can't tell.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
First half execution was bad. Dropped passes, inaccurate throws, tripping over their own feet. Lots of indecision on Kap or no WRs open, can't tell. Third quarter was the opposite of all that.

Then he completely got away from it and decided to run the ball 3 times up the middle after the iffy PI call. "Passing game is lighting their defense up? f**k it, run it up the gut." Even Gruden was questioning exactly what the hell Roman was doing repeatedly throughout the game.

Yeah I wanted to see Kap keep throwing there. He was in a groove throwing and running.

Interesting dynamic here; not sure if we should read into it but Gore/CK overruling the play call to get the TD. CK's comments about being concerned they overruled "may" say a lot about their coaching to execute the play call no matter what the play call is (and CK's lack of autonomy to change it)?

"We had a different play call and Frank said he wanted the same thing," Kaepernick said. "I wasn't about to argue with him. "I don't think Coach was too mad because we scored. So it was all right."

Gore's touchdown run was the last offensive touchdown the 49ers scored in the regular season at Candlestick Park. And the 49ers would go on to a playoff-clinching 34-24 victory over the Falcons.

"I kind of saw the defense, how they were playing, and we were at what? The inch line," Gore said. "And the 'backers were playing like 5 yards back. I knew it was a quick hit, and I know I quick-hitted it. I barreled through. I knew they were going to come on top of me because my running style is low.

"I'm happy he listened to me. That the thing I love about Kap. He listens to his teammates."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kaepernick-ignores-play-call-listens-gore-instead

I bet this is happening more often than reported. If it got to the press, it surely is something that's been talked about and done for a while. I'm almost sure at half time the "what happened" was the offense decided to call some plays of its own and ignore Greg Roman.

Frank Gore for OC!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he is a f**king moron who single handed cost us two games and had it not been for ck and his audibles and bowman,,,,,, he would have made us lose last night

come on people,,,,, third and one in the first half and again he tells his team they can not run for a first down, he gets cute, we blow it which directly leads to their first touchdown,,,, second half,, third and four and you run it?? what is it going to take people. good job ck ignoring the calls, it is beyond pathetic a linebacker has to bail out this dickless, clueless impotent a*****e, who is doing his best to make us lose games.. you know god damn good and well gruden was about ready to come out of retirement during the game and call some plays,,,,, beyond pathetic,,,, and do not give me ,, he got us to within five yards of the super bowl,, he is garbage
Greg needs to be consistent. We pounded the run game so we pass on 3rd and 1? Jim needs to help again like last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by seahawkmommma:
Greg Roman sucks again!

i can understand you saying that,,,, roman is the other teams best weapon
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is a f**king moron who single handed cost us two games and had it not been for ck and his audibles and bowman,,,,,, he would have made us lose last night

come on people,,,,, third and one in the first half and again he tells his team they can not run for a first down, he gets cute, we blow it which directly leads to their first touchdown,,,, second half,, third and four and you run it?? what is it going to take people. good job ck ignoring the calls, it is beyond pathetic a linebacker has to bail out this dickless, clueless impotent a*****e, who is doing his best to make us lose games.. you know god damn good and well gruden was about ready to come out of retirement during the game and call some plays,,,,, beyond pathetic,,,, and do not give me ,, he got us to within five yards of the super bowl,, he is garbage

Funny we had the same thought
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Greg needs to be consistent. We pounded the run game so we pass on 3rd and 1? Jim needs to help again like last year.
my god,,,,, he needs to go. why should jim :"help" him?? get f**king rid of him. I am so sick of JH enabling this guy,,, he cost us the colts game, the panthers game and damn near cost us last night,,,, 3 points vs a young bad defense at half time, third and one and third and four retard calls are 100 per cent inexcusable
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

Funny we had the same thought
it stuns me people can not see this after last night, a f**king linebacker has to bail out our retard OC..... i can not even believe i am saying that but its true
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
The guys $hit play calling is gonna cost us.

it cost us two games this year and damn near cost us last night,, it cost us the super bowl. what else is left? we made it into the playoffs despite our offensive coordinator,,,,,, that is unreal

Every team has trick plays in their book. Every team tries to run a change up from time to time. What kills me with this guy is that he STOPS doing what's working against a particular defense at the time and kills his own team's offensive momentum. I simply don't understand this. Crabtree was on fire in the second half and - basically on fire all night and yet the play calls - the AR1 plays on 3rd down for the most part went to Boldin. Why? Stay with Crabtree - force the defense to double him and free up someone else.

NCommand

It's clear to me that the 49ers need to go with a pro-style offense in passing. Notice Kaps success against zone defenses when we is allowed to scan the field and when Iupati isn't getting beat up the middle. When the OL pushes his rushers to the outside and you stick a receiver running against a zone in the middle of the field, that was money last night (pass to Osgood who I'm sure was the 3rd or 4th receiver).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thl, just for the record, I wanted to see LMJ, Hunter, Baldwin, and vance in the blowout games...I never said anything about playing those guys against elite teams. My feeling was it was shameful not to see what those guys have...or don't. And in blowout games, there is your chance to find out...so my philosophy is the same as yours on that score.

On AR vs PS, I just am not sure, but sure have read everything and seen every gif with interest. I cannot make up my mind based on what I have seen to date, except that kap is a vicious opponent to face when a passing play breaks down and he is on the run.
knowing roman he will f**k it up in the red zone which means we get field goals and not touchdowns which means it will be closer than it should and we will not see starters rested nor we will see guys in mop up time. due to our offensive coordinator being a miserable failure, and our defensive coordinators mind boggling decisions to go soft and let teams back in,, our guys have to play the entire game

knowing roman he will f**k it up in the red zone which means we get field goals and not touchdowns which means it will be closer than it should and we will not see starters rested nor we will see guys in mop up time. due to our offensive coordinator being a miserable failure, and our defensive coordinators mind boggling decisions to go soft and let teams back in,, our guys have to play the entire game
Frustrating at times, but "miserable failure?" There's no comparison with him and the group we had for 9 years during reigns of Erickson through Singletary. i do wish we'd see more WCO plays, however.
i stand by my post yesterday and will add "f**king miserable failure"