There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Pretty scary that Roman was outcoached in the first half by Nolan. With all the rookies Atl was starting the Niners should have been moving the ball a lot easier.
First half execution was bad. Dropped passes, inaccurate throws, tripping over their own feet. Lots of indecision on Kap or no WRs open, can't tell. Third quarter was the opposite of all that.
Wasted a few drives trying to get Vance going. Unfortunately Vance didn't come through.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
3rd and 2 jumbo package and only skill players are Davis and Gore and they attempt to pass. Should have run Gore and would have at least got 3 points out of that drive. But Roman gets cute!
Originally posted by thl408:
First half execution was bad. Dropped passes, inaccurate throws, tripping over their own feet. Lots of indecision on Kap or no WRs open, can't tell. Third quarter was the opposite of all that.

Then he completely got away from it and decided to run the ball 3 times up the middle after the iffy PI call. "Passing game is lighting their defense up? f**k it, run it up the gut." Even Gruden was questioning exactly what the hell Roman was doing repeatedly throughout the game.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Greg Roman's play calling puts too much pressure on the defense. Pass on third and 1 and run on 3rd and 4. Your killing me Rome's.

That jumbo formation s**t is starting to piss me off. It completely kills the possibility of the playaction because the defense has 1....2 receivers tops to worry about defending. Even if the QB wants to audible from a run, who the hell are you going to pass it to?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Then he completely got away from it and decided to run the ball 3 times up the middle after the iffy PI call. "Passing game is lighting their defense up? f**k it, run it up the gut." Even Gruden was questioning exactly what the hell Roman was doing repeatedly throughout the game.

Yeah I wanted to see Kap keep throwing there. He was in a groove throwing and running.
2nd half offense is what we do from here on out there is no excuse for him not to do it going forward.

that offense works against every team we face.

power running

progression multiple options offense

and option read in spots.

that's it
that's the list
Yeah I wanted to see Kap keep throwing there. He was in a groove throwing and running.

And he does that SO often. "Oh, the running game is lighting them up?.....they're going to stop it sooner or later, might as well pass now." "Oh, the passing game is working wonderfully? Gotta run it up the middle and be physical with a capital F"

Had they scored a touchdown instead of a field goal in that spot, Atlanta would have needed to score a TD just to tie it at the end.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
Nice job taking the first half off against Atlanta again... And then running it 3 straight times after passing your way down the field to settle for a Fg
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Dec 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM ]
3rd & 1- Roman passes out of a jumbo package

3 & 4- Roman calls a draw

He calls some strange games.
I think they kept Roman in the locker room after half time.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And he does that SO often. "Oh, the running game is lighting them up?.....they're going to stop it sooner or later, might as well pass now." "Oh, the passing game is working wonderfully? Gotta run it up the middle and be physical with a capital F"

Had they scored a touchdown instead of a field goal in that spot, Atlanta would have needed to score a TD just to tie it at the end.

49ers did get 2 big runs in the 4thQ, Gore and Hunter. That set up the Gore TD run. It was a solid game offensively after the poor 1st half. They put up 27 points.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Pretty scary that Roman was outcoached in the first half by Nolan. With all the rookies Atl was starting the Niners should have been moving the ball a lot easier.

Ooh that's scary. Did you have to point that out?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I think they kept Roman in the locker room after half time.

I heard they brought a refrigerator into the locker room. Distracted him long enough to get out without him noticing.