There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by jreff22:
^^^we run on 3rd and 1 all the time and when we dont convert people complain.

Jeff, I'm for keeping drives alive. It's not, as I see it, an absolute question of run or pass. It's a question of what plays you call for run or pass. That play asks Wil Tuakafu who was sitting on the couch last week to iso block on a DE and hoping he doesn't get pressure on Kap and then asking Boldin to catch a back-shoulder throw. For that play to be successful, soooooo much needs to go right. Opposed to .... Gore or running for 1 yard or a simple 2 yard slant.
If they think he is ok to start he should be able to block. I dont think any of us expected that play...makes sense to do that sometimes

I agree with you, but I'm a fan of keep doing what works until the opponent stops it. Crabtree is on fire and in the redzone, we stop calling his number ..... that's classic Roman.
Roman is trash. How about a QB draw sometime or maybe a good old bootleg? That third down call was atrocious.
Greg Roman's play calling puts too much pressure on the defense. Pass on third and 1 and run on 3rd and 4. Your killing me Rome's.
edit
[ Edited by NinerGM on Dec 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM ]
the problem with roman is that he continues to troll us.

i wish he would stop doing that. and just call a complete game so we can dominate

is that too much to ask?
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Roman is trash. How about a QB draw sometime or maybe a good old bootleg? That third down call was atrocious.

Oh look. Someone allowed for some QB runs in the gameplan, and we went right down the damn field.
---
[ Edited by communist on Dec 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM ]
I thought the last touchdown drive that was all run was probably the first time in 20 games I couldn't predict the cadence of the offense. It caught the Falcons by surprise too as they gambled blitz based on the usual pass/run/pass/run/pass/pass/run type of playcalling we tend to see.

keep giving it to Frank QUICKLY, not waiting 29.5 seconds to check down 32 plays and run a lot of slow developing fakes and counters, etc.
Truly hate the runs from the Q...have to run 10+ yards to get 4. Enough!

Props to Will Tukuafu and Boobie for some solid blocking for Gore/Hunter...BTW: was saying in the game day thread we could have hit Hunter off tackle all game long and BAM. Great call on that one! As for the rest? Gotta watch the tape. LOL
the 2nd half offense is the offense we run every single game going forward period
also the defense showed their ass out there tonight playing prevent vic needs to be talked to about that
no way the falcons should have put up 24 points
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
also the defense showed their ass out there tonight playing prevent vic needs to be talked to about that
no way the falcons should have put up 24 points

No doubt. You have to roll the dice, pressure the Qb's on a constant basis and play like you have nothing to lose or else you usually do.
WE HAVE TO RUSH 5 EVERY PLAY LIKE THE REST OF THE NFL TO BEAT GOOD QB'S. DO I HAVE TO SAY IT IN ALL CAPS.
The guys $hit play calling is gonna cost us.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
WE HAVE TO RUSH 5 EVERY PLAY LIKE THE REST OF THE NFL TO BEAT GOOD QB'S. DO I HAVE TO SAY IT IN ALL CAPS.

READIN YOU LOUD AND CLEAR, 10-4, COPY THAT, OVER AND OUT.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home