LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ok, thanks for giving them some spark Kap. What are you going to do next? Sorry. I'm mad.
I'm really interested to see what he does with the other guys the remainder of this game.
Originally posted by thl408:
They had the ground game going. What's a natural thing to do off that? Play action with quick short passes to build up the confidence of a shaken QB. And if it's there for an easy 6-8 yards then keep taking it.

Sure. But it stopped working after the 5th or 6th time it was called. All I'm saying is that there's something about the play calling that displays tunnel vision. I can't put my finger on it but I think it is an issue that will need to be changed , in victory or defeat.
told you so that is all
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
told you so that is all

Told you so what? Frank Gore is the dude? About time he got the rock.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Told you so what? Frank Gore is the dude? About time he got the rock.

go back in this thread lol
Roman called a good game tonight. Ill give him credit when it's due.
153 yards +1 td for Gore great game plan
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Roman called a good game tonight. Ill give him credit when it's due.

He started off with really s**tty playcalling but the 2nd quarter was a thing of beauty, hard running, slants, screens, quick passes, one after the other he called the game to this teams strengths for a change. Early in the 3rd he did well also, then he started to try and get cute again with the stretch plays etc, but all in all, this game was called well and exactly what the 49ers needed.

The insertion of Patton and Baldwin.....basically anyone but Kyle Williams into the lineup was f**kING huge.
this is the game plan for the rest of the season and for everyone we can do it PERIOD

PERIOD

and add a little more passes to mix them up and let colin run on 3rd down as back breakers.

its so simple

• Antix
  • Veteran
Good gameplan. If we can't win the game doing this then the other team is just better. Kaep missed wide open receivers all day so this could have been even better. The rough and tumble is our equalizer. it's what we do. No reason we should deviate. Just develop more passes and we should be good.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Reporter: So Roblow, I mean Roman... would you say you got your head out of your butt?

GR: For this game, yeah... it's kind of tough ya know... with me having such a fat head, it sometimes gets stuck so far up my butt. However, I was able to remove it on time for this game.

Reporter: Riiiight.....
Phoenix49ers:
He started off with really s**tty playcalling but the 2nd quarter was a thing of beauty, hard running, slants, screens, quick passes, one after the other he called the game to this teams strengths for a change. Early in the 3rd he did well also, then he started to try and get cute again with the stretch plays etc, but all in all, this game was called well and exactly what the 49ers needed. The insertion of Patton and Baldwin.....basically anyone but Kyle Williams into the lineup was f**kING huge

This!
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
this is the game plan for the rest of the season and for everyone we can do it PERIOD

PERIOD

and add a little more passes to mix them up and let colin run on 3rd down as back breakers.

its so simple
damn dude that's genius, you should be an NFL offensive coordinator

#goodwillhunting
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Phoenix49ers:
He started off with really s**tty playcalling but the 2nd quarter was a thing of beauty, hard running, slants, screens, quick passes, one after the other he called the game to this teams strengths for a change. Early in the 3rd he did well also, then he started to try and get cute again with the stretch plays etc, but all in all, this game was called well and exactly what the 49ers needed. The insertion of Patton and Baldwin.....basically anyone but Kyle Williams into the lineup was f**kING huge

This!

For sure, I'll always give credit where credit is due as well. To be fair, I haven't rewatched the game closely. That 1Q was putrid (typical slow, slow starts to games) but I could atleast see a concerted effort to get CK some easy passes on the move and Gore involved. He clearly has that run then pass or pass then run pattern down way too predictable. IIRC, it appeared CK had a few more outlet options this game in case that #1 target was covered. CK clearly has some issues right now with progression reading, trusting his OL in pass protection and the WR's outside of Boldin, Miller and VD. But Baldwin looks like he may be that X receiver we've been missing. I saw at least 2 or 3 slant passes to him and that is a huge trust-pass between a QB and a WR. We at least have some time to rest, game plan and have a win and some postives to build off of.
Share 49ersWebzone