There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Originally posted by 5280High:
Roman is definitely overrated, its like he changes the gameplan after every drive and the players are trying to adjust to different mentalities. He was better with Alex cause he was Mr. Conservative and made gameplans easier, now he gets a Ferrari in Kap and fills it with 85 octane. It's crap! If this sh*t continues Harbaugh needs to do what his brother did last year and kick his ass to the curb.

We're about to find out what adjustments, if any, were made!
This game will tell me if he's good or not. This is almost a must win
Originally posted by niners94:
This game will tell me if he's good or not. This is almost a must win

Almost? It's a must win. Second division game already.
Same uncreative play calling and tendencies... Get a 1st down off a good run, HEY lets pass on 1st... damn they thought of that, now lets run it... crap they knew that one too, ok draw.

If we get a 1st down by pass just reverse those plays to runs.
Apparently running in the pistol is = power run formations

:0
He's good, but could be a lot better. I've seen OCs do more with less.
Well, at least the endless shifting and audibles have taken a rest.

If we could continue from the I-Form, we might be back in business.
Right We get a great run on I formation ... then immediately back to Jumbo. Not impressed. What can we do with Roman? Our offense is all kap-Boldin again. Where are the diverse targets? I think we can only take so much of this.

Thank G*d for Frank.
Color commentators just mentioned Roman getting Kap out of the pocket with easy throws. Good job there by Roman. If Kap is uneasy in the pocket, and is so eager to get outside of it, then get him out of there on the move. There's been at least 3 play action throws to the FB to the right side of the formation.
Originally posted by thl408:
Color commentators just mentioned Roman getting Kap out of the pocket with easy throws. Good job there by Roman. If Kap is uneasy in the pocket, and is so eager to get outside of it, then get him out of there on the move. There's been at least 3 play action throws to the FB to the right side of the formation.

okay, yes, kudos for that, but have you noticed how they beat that into the ground? I think there is a trend there that needs examining....we don't have the play calling maturity to really produce a diverse array of plays that keep the D from keying and jumping plays.
Just to continue that thought, I think we are doing a lot to make Kap comfortable....should we really be working so hard to do that? That implies a problem....
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
okay, yes, kudos for that, but have you noticed how they beat that into the ground? I think there is a trend there that needs examining....we don't have the play calling maturity to really produce a diverse array of plays that keep the D from keying and jumping plays.

So you'd rather keep forcing plays and having the entire offense suffer for a must win?

They needed this play for this week. Now they have 10 days to get there s**t their s**t together
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by thl408:
Color commentators just mentioned Roman getting Kap out of the pocket with easy throws. Good job there by Roman. If Kap is uneasy in the pocket, and is so eager to get outside of it, then get him out of there on the move. There's been at least 3 play action throws to the FB to the right side of the formation.

okay, yes, kudos for that, but have you noticed how they beat that into the ground? I think there is a trend there that needs examining....we don't have the play calling maturity to really produce a diverse array of plays that keep the D from keying and jumping plays.

They had the ground game going. What's a natural thing to do off that? Play action with quick short passes to build up the confidence of a shaken QB. And if it's there for an easy 6-8 yards then keep taking it.
No I'd rather not force any silly plays that can be read a mile away...I think we should have a more diverse playbook. Also, Kap looks like sh*t. I don't know how to fix that...I think it's new...this is going to take a few weeks to fix.....
Wow. Kap just messed up the hand off. What is wrong with this guy? Let's try Daniels to finish this game.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home