LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/roman-saves-right-plays-right-moments

Great article
I hope we get Norv back. He is a bay area guy. He knows how to OC and coach QB.
It's a no brainer. I wish USC would have waited and hired him cuz that would have been hilarious.
The Panthers came to Candlestick, scored 10 points, and walked away with a WIN. That is unacceptable
By the same token they went to New Orleans scored 13 points and were embarrassed by the Saints.
Without this defense we would be nowhere near the playoffs.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Great article

Just more reason to believe roman holds back plays and calls vanilla s**t until it matters most
  • thl408
HaRo called up playaction stretch right, throw across the field to VD on the TD drive at the end of the 1st. A little bit of love for that play. Got VD his first catch of the day. SEA was very much focused on stopping VD.
Originally posted by thl408:
HaRo called up playaction stretch right, throw across the field to VD on the TD drive at the end of the 1st. A little bit of love for that play. Got VD his first catch of the day. SEA was very much focused on stopping VD.

Hmm...is he reading the zone? LOL!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Great article

Just more reason to believe roman holds back plays and calls vanilla s**t until it matters most

Yup. People have been saying this from day one, and I believe it. Harbs and G-Ro save plays for the playoffs/important moments. Has everyone forgotten the week before we played the Giants in the playoffs two years ago? Harbs closed the practice from the media, and sure enough we ran a flea-flicker during the game. Didn't work though.

Great article

so he's been trolling us the entire time? smfh
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
I hope we get Norv back. He is a bay area guy. He knows how to OC and coach QB.
It's a no brainer. I wish USC would have waited and hired him cuz that would have been hilarious.
The Panthers came to Candlestick, scored 10 points, and walked away with a WIN. That is unacceptable
By the same token they went to New Orleans scored 13 points and were embarrassed by the Saints.
Without this defense we would be nowhere near the playoffs.
He would leave two years later for another gig
  • thl408
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by thl408:

Hmm...is he reading the zone? LOL!

Yeah someone mentioned that on here this week right? Asking what happened to that play? I swear I read it mentioned, but not sure when.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I call b******t, basically what that's saying is that the end of the Saints and Panthers games didn't matter, both games where the 49ers could have won with a little better offensive output, both games that had they won, would have put them firmly in control of their own destiny for HFA in the playoffs and not chasing a wild card spot.

Originally posted by jreff22:
He would leave two years later for another gig

I think Norv's head coaching days are done. He's now been up to bat 3 times as a head coach and has struck out all 3 times. I don't ever see him getting another head coaching gig, he'll stick to what he's good at and that's being a damn good OC. I think he would have been the perfect guy to pair with Harbaugh, has always called an effective running offense but his passing offense is like night and day compared to Roman.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM ]
WTF was with that call on 3rd and short with a FB run with Miller?

AND WHERE ARE THE SCREEN PLAYS?!!!!!!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

we ran the same play later and it worked
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

we ran the same play later and it worked

Yup. We actually ran it twice later, and it worked both times. The 1st time didn't work because AD completely whiffed on his block. Should have been an easy 1st down.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Yup. We actually ran it twice later, and it worked both times. The 1st time didn't work because AD completely whiffed on his block. Should have been an easy 1st down.

it didn't work the 1st time because we tried to quick count it instead of making sure everything was set before we ran it.
Share 49ersWebzone