LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
I agree with that!

Although I really feel like this is the game where the o-line MUST bring their best performance, only way I see us winning on the offensive side.

Seahawks are too good of a D to place too much on Kaep's shoulders.

It's a fantastic point and one we haven't focused on enough. I think my expectations of them having regular success against 9-10 man fronts is so low, I've almost completely forgot about them. Part of that is b/c of the insanity rule by HaRoMan. But usually, I'm all over the OL in run and pass blocking, even with a mobile QB. But you're right, we need our A-game out there today to allow us to move the chains, eat up the clock and finish drives with TD's. Body blows all first half. Wear 'em down! I want to see Boone and Davis out there with attitude.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM ]
I don't think Roman will be offered head bathroom attendant let alone HC anywhere if he can't show up against the Seattle D.

As a OC he hasn't shown "genius" game plans that can win consistently against winning teams.

We will not succeed in running the ball against 8-10 man Seattle fronts - we've proved that.

We need Kap & all receivers to step up and open the running game.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't think Roman will be offered head bathroom attendant let alone HC anywhere if he can't show up against the Seattle D.

As a OC he hasn't shown "genius" game plans that can win consistently against winning teams.

We will not succeed in running the ball against 8-10 man Seattle fronts - we've proved that.

We need Kap & all receivers to step up and open the running game.

Agreed. That would be key losses to:

Seattle x3
Ravens
Indy
Saints
Panthers

All playoff teams you have to beat to win a Superbowl. Jed and Baalke won't stand for that for too long.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
its just pathetic we could not beat a team with a winning record. yes i know about the list of excuses and the refs are out to screw us but jesus. the colts and panthers games just eat at me as much as the super bowl loss.. gee what do all three games have in common? grrr
Half against Seattle: solid offense so far.
---
[ Edited by communist on Dec 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM ]
More terrible, head-shaking calls, constantly running into loaded fronts, playing into the strength of a defense. Kaepernick helped out with some bad decisions, especially on that INT which was a horrendous throw but the goofy gimmicks, lining Miller outside..etc, just continues on and on.
no hes not
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
More terrible, head-shaking calls, constantly running into loaded fronts, playing into the strength of a defense. Kaepernick helped out with some bad decisions, especially on that INT which was a horrendous throw but the goofy gimmicks, lining Miller outside..etc, just continues on and on.

kap had 1 bad decision and 4 drops 1 non pi call he scrambled constantly and made plays with his legs

we needed to keep the power going with the run they had 10 men on the line of scrimmage and we did a fullback pass. those are the types

also we got it in the red zone consistently and this his issues reared their heads this game shouldn't have even been this close. should've been 35- 17

but we got over this hurdle open the offense up even more
This team won't go far as long as Roman is calling the plays. In this game at the end they had 1st and goal and he runs the ball. How about trying a couple of pass plays and maybe get a touch down and then that puts a lot more pressure on Seattle. He won't win the big games because he is too conservative in big games.

roman suuuuuuuuuucks
Unfortunately we'll be stuck with roman for another year
Originally posted by rudedog:
This team won't go far as long as Roman is calling the plays. In this game at the end they had 1st and goal and he runs the ball. How about trying a couple of pass plays and maybe get a touch down and then that puts a lot more pressure on Seattle. He won't win the big games because he is too conservative in big games.
You're joking, right? They deliberately went RUN RUN RUN to kill the clock!

What if they had scored on a pass? Then they would've been up 6, and given the ball back to Seattle with like 1:45 and two timeouts. That would've been idiotic. Running over and over again at the end was the right decision.
same issues reared their heads

red zone play calling

this game should have been 35-17
No hes awful. I have no faith in Roman to put together a strong gameplan come playoff time. Luckily fang and CO are legit
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Dec 8, 2013 at 4:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone