There are 184 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by filthydogma:
I think he is a bit overrated and he doesn't play with enough tenacity and anger let's face it he is a nice guy, and nice guys while talented usually don't finish first rather they finish inbetween which is where we stand with staley. He won't lose you games but he also has a cieling on his talent which he has most likely already met. So I think we should either shop a draftpick for a respectable tackle ala free agency, possible trade, or all of the above. We as fans deserve to see a resurgence to power much like in the mid nineties atleast, we have the team to do it we just need the leadership. That starts with the offensive line and if we have to move staley to right tackle than it is what it is. I know this post won't be popular but the popular thing isn't always the right thing.

i doubt a player who had to learn a new scheme practically every year has hit his ceiling "(not to mention he is very young as well) most o line hit their ceiling at about 30ish and decline like at 32 or 33 he has lot of time left
Giving up a one for him was reason enough to get rid of nolan! Plus we could have used that one on qb from the ravens joe flacco or the linebacker from tennessee who the patriots picked with our draft pick. What a waste!
No, he's not.
Originally posted by ninerprophet:
Giving up a one for him was reason enough to get rid of nolan! Plus we could have used that one on qb from the ravens joe flacco or the linebacker from tennessee who the patriots picked with our draft pick. What a waste!

not so much of a waste, but i guess too many people think Staley is a pro bowler and a legit LT, if he was why are there talks of him moving back to RT?
So is this thread evidence that he is not overrated?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
So is this thread evidence that he is not overrated?

-9fA

It sure is
Casserly's '07 draft in hindsight: Link

Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
Staley was a late first-round pick (28th overall) to the 49ers in 2007, but his play as a pro would make him a more coveted talent in this 2007 draft do-over. Staley has become one of the better players at the position, and his versatility (capable of playing right or left tackle) would make him a prized commodity at this point in the draft.
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
Many of us here on the webzone talk highly of Joe Staley and yes he was head turner in his rookie year at RT, but do you think Niner fans give too much credit to Staley then he actually deserves? Do you feel he is a dominant LT in the league and other fans around the league know of him. IMO I think he is just a name that us Niner fans know because we follow the team, he isn't too impressive and dominant that us Niner fans make him out to be. Staley doesn't control and shutdown the blind side as we give him credit. I always thought he is a bit overrated, I'm sure I'll get flamed from all the Joe Staley homers.

NO!
Now, I know Staley signed a contract extension a few years back which has him under it until 2017 (UFA-2018). I also know his yearly salary and signing bonus amounts. He was also getting 2.9M for incentives...my question is: does anyone know what these incentives were composed of? I have looked everywhere and it doesn't look like I can find it. Any help or a point in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks, peeps.
Incentive 1) get harbaugh to dance
Incentive 2) get VD to sing
Incentive 3) get Alex and crabs to talk

Try pming your question to AB83Rules.
I have already checked the website he gets his cap data from (ninercaphell.com) and there is no clarification there as to what the incentives are for. I will PM and see if he has any resources besides the website he uses to update his posts.
Like # of games started maybe? Dunno
@CamInman LT Joe Staley (concussion) OUT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1369910-san-francisco-49ers-vs-new-york-giants-live-score-highlights-and-analysis
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Oct 14, 2012 at 4:06 PM ]
we look like we quit
Share 49ersWebzone