There are 456 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

joe staley hurt

sprained mcl is great if thats all it is. i've had those before, a 2nd degree sprain which i had is a 2-4 weeker.
Snyder is a great run blocker, and an average to sometimes poor pass blocker, I did not see much of a negative from Loony's play, other than a hold. As soon as the injury to Staley occurred I told my son we would run left and roll right to pass, we did, with great success. This worked spur of the moment, but next week, Seattle will be looking for this. Boone looked fine at his natural position, other than Snyder for Iupati, I don't think we lose much. We may even gain a little as Snyder seems faster when he pulls, this will allow us to run outside the tackles, Hunter and LMJ should see more time attacking the edges, Gore's production will suffer, he runs best in line and Iupati fits Gores style. Draws, have been open all season, and Roman just noticed it. Teams pack the box, then bail to a shallow zone confusing Keap. Attacking the edges with our run game should spread defenders out a little and open screens, dump offs, and eventually inside running lanes.
Get Better FAST Joey Ballgame
Wow! How valuable is Alex Boone. He is a must sign to an extension. He is one of our best and most versatile o linemen.
[ Edited by Wrathman on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Wow! How valuable is Alex Boone. He is a must sign to an extension. He is one of our best and most versatile o linemen.

No kidding... switched over and didn't miss a beat, against one of the best D-linemen in the game in Quinn.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Dude was a LT at Ohio St. and was considered a late 1st early 2nd round pick. Been saying it all along that is what the 9ers should do was to move Boone to LT if Staley went down. I'm so glad that worked out, now we don't have to cringe when someone other than Staley is playing LT. Your ABSOLUTELY RIGHT Baalke needs to re-sign Boone.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

No kidding... switched over and didn't miss a beat, against one of the best D-linemen in the game in Quinn.

Yeah Quinn was a total non factor, and he had been beasting it.
We can't let Boone get away, he needs to be here long term.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
when this became alex boone thread? haha
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Snyder is a great run blocker, and an average to sometimes poor pass blocker, I did not see much of a negative from Loony's play, other than a hold. As soon as the injury to Staley occurred I told my son we would run left and roll right to pass, we did, with great success. This worked spur of the moment, but next week, Seattle will be looking for this. Boone looked fine at his natural position, other than Snyder for Iupati, I don't think we lose much. We may even gain a little as Snyder seems faster when he pulls, this will allow us to run outside the tackles, Hunter and LMJ should see more time attacking the edges, Gore's production will suffer, he runs best in line and Iupati fits Gores style. Draws, have been open all season, and Roman just noticed it. Teams pack the box, then bail to a shallow zone confusing Keap. Attacking the edges with our run game should spread defenders out a little and open screens, dump offs, and eventually inside running lanes.

I'm totally terrified - especially in passing situations. They will key on Snyder and we all know Anthony Davis has problems with the ends from Seattle. Colin will struggle greatly if the interior lineman can't hold for at least 3 seconds.
Originally posted by crabman82:
sprained mcl is great if thats all it is. i've had those before, a 2nd degree sprain which i had is a 2-4 weeker.

So what's the scoops on Staley!?

1st degree, 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th or 5th?
Is Alex Boone playing LT for Staley....

I'm going to pay attention to Boone, he might end up just as good as Staley at tackle
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by crabman82:

So what's the scoops on Staley!?

1st degree, 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th or 5th?

no idea, doubt that type of info gets out. his sprain does sound less severe than iupatis
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

I'm totally terrified - especially in passing situations. They will key on Snyder and we all know Anthony Davis has problems with the ends from Seattle. Colin will struggle greatly if the interior lineman can't hold for at least 3 seconds.

The one thing I will say for Davis is that while he can be inconstent, he does seem to step up his play in big games. Hopefully that happens Sunday.
one thing I'll say for the Synd!! He pulls that s**t he did in N.O. we're fkd
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Is Alex Boone playing LT for Staley....

I'm going to pay attention to Boone, he might end up just as good as Staley at tackle

Maybe it should be:

Staley - Iupati - Goodwin - Davis - Boone