"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He walked to the team bus. Yep, fine.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver

For about 15 seconds, Staley thought he'd broken his ankle. He yelled, 'it's broken!' Thankfully he was mistaken. Hilarity ensued

This is one of the most hilarious events in 49er history.

I called it... ankle injuries are some of the most excruciating injuries (at the beginning)... He probably has a bad sprain, which sucks, but much better than a broken ankle.

Well, apparently. He doesn't even have that either. He's basically "fine".

Sprains (not high ankle sprains) are all about pain tolerance. Sometimes you can just tighten your laces a little more and gut it out, and sometimes it feels like cutting your foot off would be a better option. I'ts a pretty common injury in basketball, I've had several. They suck, but it's not lasting (except for the high ankle sprains).
  • thl408
Silver said he walked with Joe to the team bus. The only hurting Joe will feel now is his feelings when his teammates laugh at him.
Staley basically jus troll'd err'one
Those screams were scary, glad he's alright.
Thank god he might be OK.
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For those who have witnessed many players suffer severe injuries and walk on them, and from personal experience actually playing a game on a broken ankle (hey, Donovan McNabb did that too), I am not ready to say we're in the clear.

Until we know there's no major ligament damage, I don't want to get my hopes up, considering how horrific he was screaming on the field. I got a text from my dad saying it made him flash back to Bryant Young and that horrific Ken Norton incident. Gah, I can't even bear to think about that again

Didn't Norton roll up on to of Richard Dent and injure him too when Dent was here? Norton was like that tiki necklace Bobby Brady found when the family went to Hawaii and when all types of bad sht would happen when he was around wearing it. Norton helped win #5 but dude was a" friendly fire" injury magnet.

I remember that, and the tarantula in the hotel room
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH F**************K!!!!!

Late to the thread I see...

Had to work OT and couldn't listen to the 4th qtr... DAAAAMN IT!!

I sure hope it isn't too serious. But I read that he screamed so loud that even seaderrall's 12th man would've heard him . PLEASE get well fast Joe!
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Thank god he might be OK.

Yeah I won't lie, for almost 3 mins I thought the road back to the playoffs just got a whole lot f**king tougher when I thought it was gonna get better.
Staleys ok, end to a perfect game! Hellyeah

dam those screams were bad. i thought for sure be broke something. Thank you Baby Jesus
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH F**************K!!!!!

Late to the thread I see...

Had to work OT and couldn't listen to the 4th qtr... DAAAAMN IT!!

I sure hope it isn't too serious. But I read that he screamed so loud that even seaderrall's 12th man would've heard him . PLEASE get well fast Joe!

I still think there is an outside chance he hurt his meniscus. I had the same injury. Immediately, there was pain, then there was NOTHING for hours. Then my knee turned into a melon.

The way his knee bent backwards, that is exactly how I tore my meniscus.
Excellent -- not only did we avoid catastrophe, but Staley also has 10 days to rest until our next game!
He's fine.

He is getting joked on alot about the screaming on the bus though.

They'll do an MRI just in case , but he's fine and walking around without a limp.
  • buck
  • Veteran
UPDATE: Early signs on Staley's injury are promising.

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh told reporters that he thinks they dodged a bullet with the injury, and NFL Media Columnist Mike Silver reported on "NFL Total Access" that Staley was able to walk from San Francisco's locker room to the team bus after the game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000251262/article/joe-staley-injured-late-in-niners-win-over-rams
Share 49ersWebzone