There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

joe staley hurt

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Alex Boone doe.

No sacks for Quinn... Boone shutting fools down

Did Quinn even play today? Dude was invisible out there.
Seattle usually owns Staley....hopefully Boone can continue to ball out....will need the left as side of the line back for playoffs
Alex Boone doe.

Looked good today. Could use everybody back for Seattle, but not gonna happen. Were gonna be too weak inside, and Seattle rotation at DLine is gonna kill us.
Hopefully we get Iupati back for Seattle, then move Boone to LT and Kilgore to RG. I'm comfortable with that.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Agreed..I for one feel our OLine was overrated when healthy (lots of redzone and short yardage runs get smashed. We always seem to go from 2nd. and 1 to 3rd. and 6, to sack, to punt or FG-where's the domination??). So anymore injuries and we can kiss the Seahawks, Tampa, and Cards games goodbye!

Ya, that's the play calling dude and our screamingly obvious tells on offense -- which are becoming legendary.

Agree. We line up in obvious running formations and wonder why we can't break through a brick wall. 6th OL on the field just screams "RUN". Need to mix it up a little more. That used to be the hallmark of this offense. Running from a wide variety of formations.

Improved passing should help spread the defense. Have to get them to back off from 8-9 man box.

Nah, I disagree. Because other teams seem to be in the same situations, run the same type plays, and rip off stuff on us. And also how fancy should u get on 2nd. and 1 ??, U have to be able to get a fricken yard if u are the "best o-line in football". Also, we spread some stuff out and try off tackle, BOOM- Penetration by some noname player- 4th and 7..IDT play calling is it. Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168154-joe-staley-hurt/page14/#cxgacEa4zZWpMIbz.99

I don't recall many 2nd and 1's today. Offense was actually put in many 2nd and long, 3rd and longs today because the run game wasn't clicking. The passing game was and it bailed us out.

But I do agree in past games we've struggled with short yardage situations. Again, it goes back to being predictable. We go jumbo package and run it up the gut EVERY TIME. Never a surprise play-action pass, never a naked bootleg, never a counter run. Other teams gameplan too. They know what the percentages are. 90% we are running it straight up the gut.

But I have seen the above "audibles" lead to other OLine breakdowns though. Kaep has been getting sacked on bootlegs and play action passes (5 sacks today alone) counter runs lead to tackles behind LOS (esp. in Colts, Seattle, and Panthers game). Not many 2nd. and 1's today, but got a lot of help w/penalties as drives were getting stuffed/stalled.
But I have seen the above "audibles" lead to other OLine breakdowns though. Kaep has been getting sacked on bootlegs and play action passes (5 sacks today alone) counter runs lead to tackles behind LOS (esp. in Colts, Seattle, and Panthers game). Not many 2nd. and 1's today, but got a lot of help w/penalties as drives were getting stuffed/stalled.

Agree with you there. I still think the main issue is proving we can pass consistently. When I look at these runs getting stuffed, teams are winning with sheer numbers. There are simply more guys charging downhill than we can block. Today we made strides, but have to do a better job cashing in when we're in the redzone. Otherwise, it's a 8-9 man box all day.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Alex Boone doe.

Looked good today. Could use everybody back for Seattle, but not gonna happen. Were gonna be too weak inside, and Seattle rotation at DLine is gonna kill us.

Maybe Roman got enough plays in his coloring/comic book to keep our offense/their defense on the field... while we keep scoring
Heard sprained MCL. Much like Big Mike. Let's hope that is all it is.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Alex Boone doe.

Did Quinn even play today? Dude was invisible out there.

He heard of all the rumors/how much of a joke Roman's play calling was, but he thought it was just a ruse to catch him off guard.

However, when he realized the rumors were true, he was befuddled. By the time he snapped out of it (from mesmerizing himself), it was too late, Boone was all over his azz
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Heard sprained MCL. Much like Big Mike. Let's hope that is all it is.

That's the word, he'll be out a few weeks
Boone was outstanding today. I know he can hold the fort for a few weeks, no problem

Do we bring up Bykowski or use Snyder as the swing tackle until Joe comes back?
Now is the best time to get these kinds of injuries out of the way. -Boone held his own, buy Snyder needs to go back to LG the moment big Mike returns.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Boone was outstanding today. I know he can hold the fort for a few weeks, no problem

Do we bring up Bykowski or use Snyder as the swing tackle until Joe comes back?

We have a full 53 man roster, so we would have to cut someone to promote Bykowski. If Celek is ready to return, we could cut Carrier. If Iupati comes back next week we might not make a roster move at all. As long as we have 7 active OL on gameday, we're good.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i wonder if we look at the blond giant?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Initial diagnosis for Joe Staley is sprained MCL, same injury that Mike Iupati is dealing w/. Staley will miss next week's game v. Seattle.

Well Kaep will be running for his life next week

Maybe this will finally force them to implement more timing patterns and quick-hitter plays and practice them to a T so Kaepernick can further refine his game as he develops into a true NFL quarterback.