There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

joe staley hurt

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
He was on the sideline during second half in sweats. Seemed OK. But had a brace on his knee. Was hanging with Iupati.

We might not get these guys back until the Falcons game.
Just get them back for the playoffs
Has basically the same injury as Mike Iupati. Don't know if it's more or less severe.
As long as he's back for the playoffs, I'm happy. I'm pretty resigned to the fact that we'll be a wild card this time round, so let's have everyone as healthy as possible at that point.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
He was on the sideline during second half in sweats. Seemed OK. But had a brace on his knee. Was hanging with Iupati.

If were missing Iupati AND Staley for the remaining 4 games, there probably wont be any playoffs.

Were trying to fend off 2 good teams, and only have a 1 game lead on both. We cant afford any more losses.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:

If were missing Iupati AND Staley for the remaining 4 games, there probably wont be any playoffs.

Were trying to fend off 2 good teams, and only have a 1 game lead on both. We cant afford any more losses.

Agreed..I for one feel our OLine was overrated when healthy (lots of redzone and short yardage runs get smashed. We always seem to go from 2nd. and 1 to 3rd. and 6, to sack, to punt or FG-where's the domination??). So anymore injuries and we can kiss the Seahawks, Tampa, and Cards games goodbye!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Agreed..I for one feel our OLine was overrated when healthy (lots of redzone and short yardage runs get smashed. We always seem to go from 2nd. and 1 to 3rd. and 6, to sack, to punt or FG-where's the domination??). So anymore injuries and we can kiss the Seahawks, Tampa, and Cards games goodbye!

Ya, that's the play calling dude and our screamingly obvious tells on offense -- which are becoming legendary.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Ya, that's the play calling dude and our screamingly obvious tells on offense -- which are becoming legendary.

Agree. We line up in obvious running formations and wonder why we can't break through a brick wall. 6th OL on the field just screams "RUN". Need to mix it up a little more. That used to be the hallmark of this offense. Running from a wide variety of formations.

Improved passing should help spread the defense. Have to get them to back off from 8-9 man box.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Initial diagnosis for Joe Staley is sprained MCL, same injury that Mike Iupati is dealing w/. Staley will miss next week's game v. Seattle.

Well Kaep will be running for his life next week

It will be about time... he seems to play better/be more comfortable on the move.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Initial diagnosis for Joe Staley is sprained MCL, same injury that Mike Iupati is dealing w/. Staley will miss next week's game v. Seattle.

Well Kaep will be running for his life next week

It will be about time... he seems to play better/be more comfortable on the move.

Alex Boone doe.
Nah, I disagree. Because other teams seem to be in the same situations, run the same type plays, and rip off stuff on us. And also how fancy should u get on 2nd. and 1 ??, U have to be able to get a fricken yard if u are the "best o-line in football". Also, we spread some stuff out and try off tackle, BOOM- Penetration by some noname player- 4th and 7..IDT play calling is it.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Agree. We line up in obvious running formations and wonder why we can't break through a brick wall. 6th OL on the field just screams "RUN". Need to mix it up a little more. That used to be the hallmark of this offense. Running from a wide variety of formations.

Improved passing should help spread the defense. Have to get them to back off from 8-9 man box.

Nah, I disagree. Because other teams seem to be in the same situations, run the same type plays, and rip off stuff on us. And also how fancy should u get on 2nd. and 1 ??, U have to be able to get a fricken yard if u are the "best o-line in football". Also, we spread some stuff out and try off tackle, BOOM- Penetration by some noname player- 4th and 7..IDT play calling is it. Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168154-joe-staley-hurt/page14/#cxgacEa4zZWpMIbz.99
MCL sprain. Out for SEA. Sucks but could be worse
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 1, 2013 at 6:33 PM ]

Nah, I disagree. Because other teams seem to be in the same situations, run the same type plays, and rip off stuff on us. And also how fancy should u get on 2nd. and 1 ??, U have to be able to get a fricken yard if u are the "best o-line in football". Also, we spread some stuff out and try off tackle, BOOM- Penetration by some noname player- 4th and 7..IDT play calling is it. Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168154-joe-staley-hurt/page14/#cxgacEa4zZWpMIbz.99
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Alex Boone doe.

No sacks for Quinn... Boone shutting fools down

I don't recall many 2nd and 1's today. Offense was actually put in many 2nd and long, 3rd and longs today because the run game wasn't clicking. The passing game was and it bailed us out.

But I do agree in past games we've struggled with short yardage situations. Again, it goes back to being predictable. We go jumbo package and run it up the gut EVERY TIME. Never a surprise play-action pass, never a naked bootleg, never a counter run. Other teams gameplan too. They know what the percentages are. 90% we are running it straight up the gut.