Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

joe staley hurt

• xcfan
  • Veteran
never heard a man scream like that
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
On paper we do, but for strategic purposes, 21 additionally dressed players (I'm subtracting the punter, the kicker, and the long-snapper) is not enough. If you consider our back up runningbacks (3), back up receivers (5), back up defensive-backs (5), and back-up linebackers (4), that only allows us FOUR players to back up our offensive and defensive lineman.

Allow me to restate this, I wish the NFL allowed more players on a given roster so teams could have 1-backup per starting position that does not compromise a team's ability to run special strategic packages (e.g., Empty sets on offense or nickel/dime/quarter packages on defense).

should've been negotiated into the CBA a couple years back to up the roster limit to at least 60 players TBPH IMHO....

Very true.
On paper we do, but for strategic purposes, 21 additionally dressed players (I'm subtracting the punter, the kicker, and the long-snapper) is not enough. If you consider our back up runningbacks (3), back up receivers (5), back up defensive-backs (5), and back-up linebackers (4), that only allows us FOUR players to back up our offensive and defensive lineman.

Allow me to restate this, I wish the NFL allowed more players on a given roster so teams could have 1-backup per starting position that does not compromise a team's ability to run special strategic packages (e.g., Empty sets on offense or nickel/dime/quarter packages on defense).

should've been negotiated into the CBA a couple years back to up the roster limit to at least 60 players TBPH IMHO....

I have always felt it was stupid that you cant dress the whole active roster...I get having the practic squad unable to dress, but if you are on the actual damn team you should be able to suit up for game day.
I know it's he said she said...but I told a co-worker of mine about the injury last night. Apparently he's friends with Staley's financial advisor. My coworker told me later today "my boy spoke with staley this morning. says he's 'good to go'".

So take that for what it's worth.

Truth.
Bump merge
I really hope this isn't bad and he's ok like earlier in the season.
Sure hope he is ok
Torn Labia out for the Season
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

Grow up.....
I'm just hoping team medical staff was being extra cautious since it's so late in the season and they immediately ruled him out of the game because of that, whereas otherwise he might've toughed it out like he usually does...he was still able to walk under his own power & wasn't carted right?
I'm just hoping team medical staff was being extra cautious since it's so late in the season and they immediately ruled him out of the game because of that, whereas otherwise he might've toughed it out like he usually does...he was still able to walk under his own power & wasn't carted right?

yep, thats why i dont think its that serious, maybe will heal in a week or two.
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

Source?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I have always felt it was stupid that you cant dress the whole active roster...I get having the practic squad unable to dress, but if you are on the actual damn team you should be able to suit up for game day.

You can't have it so you dress the entire team because if you have five players injured and the other team doesn't, they get an extra 5 player advantage on game day. It's competitively not fair. Otherwise you have to stick players that could return this season on injured reserve just because you need to fill your active roster