There are 132 users in the forums

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I came to this realization by the end of last year: Roman is a great schemer but leaves a lot to be desired as a game day play-caller. We just can't seem to take that next step as an offense.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I was thinking the same thing. It's a possibility. Passing game Coordinator?

Cam was Jim's neighbor in SD and they were friends before that so quite a history with each other. Calling a game is an art form and Roman doesn't seem imbued with that particular talent.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I was thinking the same thing. It's a possibility. Passing game Coordinator?

Cam was Jim's neighbor in SD and they were friends before that so quite a history with each other. Calling a game is an art form and Roman doesn't seem imbued with that particular talent.

So lets just bring in the guy who got fired for a schizophrenic offense.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I like it! But I prefer to trade Roman to the Ravens...seems only fair! Think of how he could slow down Flacco!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I like it! But I prefer to trade Roman to the Ravens...seems only fair! Think of how he could slow down Flacco!

Ya got a point
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Way too conservative in the RZ. Jumbo package is s**t. Not getting playmakers like VD envolved. Running s**t plays on 3rd and one when you know you are going for it on 4th. Taking way to long to get playcalls in causing horrible timeouts. not making gametime adjustments. Bonehead gimmick calls at the worst times. He has left alot to be desired.

Im still firmly in the Norv Turner camp.

I dont care that he runs the coryell digit system. Him and Harbaughs playbooks coming together could be a match made in heaven. He also will never be a HC again so no worries of losing him.

The worst was the 3rd and 1 in the RZ where AFTER a T.O. we ran the biggest jumbo package EVER...we didn't have a single receiving option and, low and behold, we got stuffed for 3 or 4 yards. FG. Shocker.

I dont understand wtf tukuafu is doing in there. Guy cant block to save his life. Jumbo just isaint working. It worked last year when teams still werent sure how to adapt to it. Now that teams know we cant do s**t else but run from that formation, it gets stuft.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I dont understand wtf tukuafu is doing in there. Guy cant block to save his life. Jumbo just isaint working. It worked last year when teams still werent sure how to adapt to it. Now that teams know we cant do s**t else but run from that formation, it gets stuft.

The staff is enamored of athletic guys and particularly athletic big guys. I understand the value of power but have always believed more in speed and quickness. You hit the guy first you have the advantage in moving him, but if you are not as quick you may be a good anchor but limited in moving the LOS. Just hate stacking guys up in a small area and hoping the whole pile will be moved two or three yards.

Gore does so well in hiding behind linemen and popping out through cracks...he would really be great in a spread out line. Tukuafu is better than L Davis though...who can't move out of his own shadow in under a day.
  • Jiks
I really am liking this offensive plan thus far. I really don't think they expected us to go vertical like we are. Balanced run to pass. And if it weren't for lack of execution we would have this game wrapped up already.

I've been b***hing all week about not going vertical and using Kaep's arm. About time. I like what I'm seeing thus far. Really do.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

Had that qued up for a while huh? Lol

Curious what video was ready to go if we lost tonight
[ Edited by 4t9ers on Jan 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM ]

Originally posted by 4t9ers:
Had that qued up for a while huh? Lol

Curious what video was ready to go if we lost tonight

Actually, I just thought about it.

If we would've lost, it would've been on our defense, not our offense.

I'm not a huge fan of Roman but HE WAS GOOD TODAY.

Kaep was just legendary, doe
Roman just hushed the haters.
He called a solid game today. He usually does this when he has the extra week. I hope he can put it together two more times.
Great game.
Roman did fine but don't think for a minute that Harbaugh didn't help with th eplay calling. Every time a offensive 49er play ended Harbaugh was on the headset.
Share 49ersWebzone