LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I hope he saw the headline coming out of Baltimore, Harbaugh just canned their OC.
hopefully it rubs off on our Harbaugh

What if Jim hired Cam Cameron? They do have a history together. I'm not sure how I would feel about that?
He needs to open it up obviously! Where are the crossing patterns, screens, quick hitters, play action? Why can't our receivers get seperation, you need to throw it downfield to stretch the defense so they can't rush 5 to 6 and stack the box. Why can't our OL pass block to save their butts? Frustrating isn't it! OPEN THE OFFENSE UP PLEASE!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
He needs to open it up obviously! Where are the crossing patterns, screens, quick hitters, play action? Why can't our receivers get seperation, you need to throw it downfield to stretch the defense so they can't rush 5 to 6 and stack the box. Why can't our OL pass block to save their butts? Frustrating isn't it! OPEN THE OFFENSE UP PLEASE!

I don't get it...teams have been stacking 8+ in the box since the Bears game...this leaves nothing but single coverage on our receivers. But instead of spreading them out more and forcing more DB's on the field (like the Bears game) we're more worried about the pass rush so we're keeping the TE's and RB's in to block which THEN only leaves one receiving option and if that receiver is covered, CK, like Alex, has no real receiving option and is forced to scramble and throw it away.

It seems HaRoman don't seem to learn from their mistakes either. I highlighted a play in this thread (#217) and it's colossal fail. We did it again this game leaving CK running left, naked on a critical down with NO actual receiving options and another throw-away. Just stupid!

RZ production seems to be getting worse (if that's possible)...we had 1 deep pass last game and this game, 1 more? No VD at all (5 of last 6 games). Moss was the #2 this game and he was only targeted 3 times? Sad!

Alex, CK, P.Manning, etc...doesn't matter. I'm very concerned not only with our offensive philosophy, poor play-calling, not learning from mistakes but certainly, not playing to our strengths.

Would another OC really make a difference? Is this a reason why Roman may want out...even last year?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Ken Whisenhunt when he's fired from zona would be a good OC candidate.
Originally posted by susweel:

Has Arizona's offense impressed you?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Has Arizona's offense impressed you?

they aint got no Oline or QB.

with Warner yes it did.

LOL.....please stop. Whisenhunt deserves nothing more than to go back to working as a TE coach.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM ]
they aint got no Oline or QB.

with Warner yes it did.

Well great, all you have to do is go and hire the offensive coordinator at that time.....Todd Haley, might be tough since he's currently offensive coordinator for Pittsburgh.
Way too conservative in the RZ. Jumbo package is s**t. Not getting playmakers like VD envolved. Running s**t plays on 3rd and one when you know you are going for it on 4th. Taking way to long to get playcalls in causing horrible timeouts. not making gametime adjustments. Bonehead gimmick calls at the worst times. He has left alot to be desired.

Im still firmly in the Norv Turner camp.

I dont care that he runs the coryell digit system. Him and Harbaughs playbooks coming together could be a match made in heaven. He also will never be a HC again so no worries of losing him.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Way too conservative in the RZ. Jumbo package is s**t. Not getting playmakers like VD envolved. Running s**t plays on 3rd and one when you know you are going for it on 4th. Taking way to long to get playcalls in causing horrible timeouts. not making gametime adjustments. Bonehead gimmick calls at the worst times. He has left alot to be desired.

Im still firmly in the Norv Turner camp.

I dont care that he runs the coryell digit system. Him and Harbaughs playbooks coming together could be a match made in heaven. He also will never be a HC again so no worries of losing him.

The worst was the 3rd and 1 in the RZ where AFTER a T.O. we ran the biggest jumbo package EVER...we didn't have a single receiving option and, low and behold, we got stuffed for a 3 or 4 yard loss. FG. Shocker.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:42 AM ]

Originally posted by NCommand:
The worst was the 3rd and 1 in the RZ where AFTER a T.O. we ran the biggest jumbo package EVER...we didn't have a single receiving option and, low and behold, we got stuffed for 3 or 4 yards. FG. Shocker.

When are they going to learn that after sticking nine huge guys into the phone booth there's no room for the RB to squeeze through? I understand the concept of power but it would work a lot better if they spread out the D before trying to send big slow guys to move the pile. Defenses are too good at this level for the most part--submarine and create a pile.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
I hope he saw the headline coming out of Baltimore, Harbaugh just canned their OC.
hopefully it rubs off on our Harbaugh

John Harbaugh to Jim Harbaugh: "Fired my OC today had enough of the suck!"

Jim Harbaugh reply: " ya i hear ya...still embracing the suck that is my OC here in San Francisco bro!"
Originally posted by NCommand:
The worst was the 3rd and 1 in the RZ where AFTER a T.O. we ran the biggest jumbo package EVER...we didn't have a single receiving option and, low and behold, we got stuffed for 3 or 4 yards. FG. Shocker.

When are they going to learn that after sticking nine huge guys into the phone booth there's no room for the RB to squeeze through? I understand the concept of power but it would work a lot better if they spread out the D before trying to send big slow guys to move the pile. Defenses are too good at this level for the most part--submarine and create a pile.

Not to mention many are defensive players (don't have the blocking instincts) and Kilgore/L.Davis just get false start penalties 99% of the time and put us even more in a hole - and after that, it's not like we're going to pass in the RZ!
Cam is a friend of Jim's...maybe an exchange for next year?
Cam is a friend of Jim's...maybe an exchange for next year?

I was thinking the same thing. It's a possibility. Passing game Coordinator?
Share 49ersWebzone