There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

If Staley smirked at one of his plays, he will not be missed.
Originally posted by kush:

We finally got the WCO back! I dont wanna give that s**t up, believe that.

Yeah because whatever the hell Roman was calling on Sunday had so much in common with the WCO..................
Originally posted by toeshawn:
He won't get hired

Like I said, I'm willing to cold call various colleges and get interviews setup. Hell, apparently Grand Canyon University here in Phoenix is now going to Division 1 sports so its important to leave no stone unturned.
Funny when Alex is playing things go wrong it's his fault Kap plays things go wrong its the coaching staffs fault
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Funny when Alex is playing things go wrong it's his fault Kap plays things go wrong its the coaching staffs fault

Lulz, no

And I do not think roman gets the job. His stock has gone down a bit IMO, was high last year and more was expected of him. Haven't met those yet
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
He won't get hired

Like I said, I'm willing to cold call various colleges and get interviews setup. Hell, apparently Grand Canyon University here in Phoenix is now going to Division 1 sports so its important to leave no stone unturned.

How's the weather in the valley? Word from the former capital city.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Lulz, no

And I do not think roman gets the job. His stock has gone down a bit IMO, was high last year and more was expected of him. Haven't met those yet

I prefer to think positively. SOME college, somewhere in the US, I don't care if its Boston College or the University of Phoenix, somebody will give him a job, doing something, I really don't care much what that is.
Originally posted by fropwns:
How's the weather in the valley? Word from the former capital city.

That depends on if you're native Arizonan or an outsider. For a native Arizonan's its a tad bit chilly, for me its totally awesome, perfect outdoors, leave your window open at night weather.
they won't wait for him.
The 4th of February is too late for them
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
they won't wait for him.
The 4th of February is too late for them

Oh, its okay, he doesn't have to wait, Harbaugh can take over playcalling duties temporarily, why get in the way of a man and his dreams???
good, get him outta here.
I am sick and tired of OCs like Greg Roman auditioning for jobs by trying to be too fancy and cute. He can leave.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Really? You all want Roman gone that bad over losing to the Rams? We've seen two good years of offense in the past decade and he's responsible for both. Now we're in the top ten in offense for the first time in forever and you're all hoping Roman leaves? WOW I'm embarrased for all of you right now.

And as for the jumbo package that everyone is crying about... Thats one of the reasons our playaction has not been a total flop. Whether it works or not you HAVE to respect the run in that situation. Its a staple of this offense and anyone b***hing about it more than likely doesn't understand football at all. You see a two yard run and automatically consider it worthless? I love all the different personel groupings we run and I absolutely love the jumbo packages. It will get better too!

I for one hope Roman stays for a few more years and keeps improving as he has since he started. This is only year two and he has steadily improved. Imagine where we'll be in year three. We need the continuity!

Actually, a successful run game does not show any significant positive correlation to a successful play-action passing game. Consistently trying to run, from the same formations you throw from conditions the defense to read run first, causing hesitation and misteps in the flow of LBs and safeties when the run fake is shown. We don't throw frequently or successfully enough from Jumbo (teams are onto the boot throwback to Vernon) to list play-action as a significant benefit of that formation. It was fun for a bit, when teams weren't sure what to do. Now that EVERYONE has seen it, and defenses are guaranteed an opportunity to match personnel, they just run extra DL onto the field (No one is concerned about Leonard Davis taking the top off of the defense).
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thank god

Yes, thanks Mr Almighty.

Finally we agree on something.

Can I help it if you insist on being wrong so often?

J/k

That's it. I'm reporting you!
Can he leave for Tennessee immediately?