There are 230 users in the forums

Official Greg "the mad scientist" Roman Express

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
so anyone still worried about losing him to a HC job?
And people were worried that Roman was going to get offered head coaching gigs left and right at the end of the year. The victory against Buffalo was an aberration, their pass rush was horrible and Smith had forever to throw.....this is more along the lines of what can be expected from this offense against decent defenses.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And people were worried that Roman was going to get offered head coaching gigs left and right at the end of the year. The victory against Buffalo was an aberration, their pass rush was horrible and Smith had forever to throw.....this is more along the lines of what can be expected from this offense against decent defenses.

What has plagued us in almost every game this year is stalling drives.
We had two very good opening drives, Alex was throwing well, we were running well.... But we couldnt finish drives. Then Akers really cost us a lot of momentum by missing two FGs. Makes those stalled drives even worse.

I think its definitely a combo of poor play calling and lack of execution.

Kaepernick hand off to gore on 3rd and 6 that was stuffed comes to mind.

WTF Was Roman doing today. Terrible game plan.
Well it looks like Harbaugh will get his wish. No one will speaking well of his coaching job or his team's play this week.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Ths 2 QB stuff needs to quit. He's trying to be too fancy when our team was built on mastering the basics. Kap comes in and gets sacked for 20 yards then you give Smith the ball on 3rd and long. If you dont like Smith, then bench him but this 2 qb carp is just plain stupid.
It seems like the 49ers didn't want to win this game....
Gore , 5.5 yards a carry and you dont run him 15-20 times a game, Roman should be taken to the wood shed
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It's the basics. We're worried about the downfield stuff when we can't even finish drives. You have to convert TOP and 3rd down conversions into points. It's all a waste if you don't.

It falls on Alex.

I'd like to see us attack 1-on-1 matchups on the outside more.
Give a chance to the WR to make a play.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
so anyone still worried about losing him to a HC job?

I want him to go. This is easily our 5th game were we went out of our way to get cute. I like a bit of trickery but roman seems to go stupid at the worst time of games

Good grief, Roman, helluva game plan, exactly like the gameplan you fashioned for the RAvens last yr. Yup, the team with the BIG RUSH, and what did you do? You went for 5, 7 , hell 9 step dropbacks, and knew for sure those OL guys could hold out Pierre, Osi and Tuck. And once again, old son, you screwed the pooch. What , are you half brain dead, or did you do this in the shower, or after a few tall ones, or in your dreams? Because Bubba, you do anything but plan for a 1 or 2 step drop against the Giants and 10 times out of 10 you are going to get our azzes kicked. This was an OC coaching loss. How Harbaugh signed off on this I don't know. But this was the dumbest, stoopidest, most cockamayme "game plan" I have ever seen....unhhh, except my12 yr olds' daughter flag football game plan 30 yrs ago. Roman, old son, you looking for a HC job? Well forget it pal, we got you for the foreseeable future. This was the most ill thot out, lousy, awful , nuttiest, worthless O game plan we have seen since Coach Harbaugh got here. This had Baltimore game plan written all over it, with NO CHANCE of us winning. And congrats, by the way on the Wild Kap. Two of them got blistered for monster losses. You keep this up and you not only won't get your HC job, you might end up distributing equipment for the Charlottesvilee Beantrees. This O game plan sucked. It was ghastly, unthotful, poorly thot out...if at all, was done by someone unfamiliar with the fact that the Giants have a BIG RUSH, just like the last 6 times we played them, and we literally handed them the game, courtesy of you. Now I don't know if Coach calls plays or sets game plan or not. IF so , he screwed up. But he's HC. You are OC en route to Louisville, or some other backwater if you EVER put a piece of garbage like that on the field again. And Coach....if you did this, then you should be ashamed to look in the mirror. This is the giants. The BIG RUSH GIANTS. That ring a bell to whoever was responsible for this piece of detritus? I hope , Coach and Roman, you took this as a reminder that the BIG RUSH means that you throw the ball in under 2.5 seconds. Longer than that, and expect a repeat of what we all had to suffer thru. Thank goodness you all were on the ground, so you saw how literally lousy, rotten and stupid this "GAME PLAN" really was. I always compliment you guys, but this was inexcusable, You all failed. You let the team down, you let us down, and you disgraced yourselves. You guys can do better. Let's hope you get to work on that, and remember, BIG RUSH....you gotta throw it under 3 seconds or disaster will strike. Oh, and for the record, you should have been playing no huddle from the gitgo. this is the BIG RUSH....and next time,, Please...please....treat it as such.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM ]
Roman is a genius at times and a complete moron at others. He gets cute at times, outsmarts himself at others. We should have been going 3-4 wr spread and hurry up which alex excels at when down by 17. Instead we are going 1 wr, 2 te, option with kaepernick. Now that's some Jimmy Raye s**t there. I am fine with Kaepernick coming in one a few plays a game but that is it. Alex had a horrible day but we contributed with the back and forth crap we did today. So even at 4-2 we will be hearing is their a qb controversy. No! I know alex had 3 ints today but kaepernick is just too wreckless throwing the ball to play into our style. He has to work on it some more.

Also, I don't want Leonard Davis back next year. Slow off the stance, that penalty killed us.... also, more bootlegging out of the jumbo... pass to te who fake blocks... more miller, less tukuafu as well in those situations And for the life of me no idea why we didn't activate Jacobs. Anthony Dixon, Mcbath aren't doing anything for the ST. If Jacobs could play it he would have been out there. we will need to upgrade next year
They seem to have our number.
I think the 49ers passed the ball way to much.They should have run the ball more,especially on short yardage situations
staying with the run and being prudent when using Kaepernick.
Share 49ersWebzone